Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
lucy2mb

Horseshoe or St. George in the morning

I originally thought we would go to Horseshoe in the morning and St. George in the afternoon on our first of 2 days in Bermuda.  Our ship arrives in King's Wharf at 9:00 am.   I decided our family of 6 would not try to get back to the ship by 6:00 for dinner like we usually do and just go to the Lido deck when we get back.  The first ferry over to St. George leaves at 9:30 am, so we would have to depart the ship quickly.   The last ferry back to Dockyard leaves St. George at 5:45.   I know all the stores will be closed on that Wednesday because it will be in October.   We don't plan to stay but 2 to 3 hours at the most at Horseshoe and not sure how long we will need in St. George.   My husband wants to fly his drone and get some good shots at both places.  Since we would have to leave St. George at 5:45 on the last ferry, would it be better to go to St. George in the morning or Horseshoe?  My husband would also like to get some good sunset shots.   Would he get the best sunset shots at Horseshoe if we went there the end of the day or better shots at King's Wharf?   I know Horseshoe will be more crowded in the afternoon.   Any suggestions will be appreciated.   The next day is all planned out with a scheduled snorkeling excursion and a few hours in the Dockyard before departing on Thursday at 6:00.

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

He can’t fly his drone in St. George’s or St. David. 

A6BFF1EE-C4E5-4253-93BC-83D993AA0186.jpeg

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

He can’t fly his drone in St. George’s or St. David. 

A6BFF1EE-C4E5-4253-93BC-83D993AA0186.jpeg

My husband is a licensed drone pilot and understands airspace.  I do all the research for our family vacations and he doesn't even know what questions I am asking.   

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, lucy2mb said:

My husband is a licensed drone pilot and understands airspace.  I do all the research for our family vacations and he doesn't even know what questions I am asking.   

This is a recent change of a few months ago so I don’t know if it is well known. Because the airport is on that end of the island. They also banned drones in a small sliver of airspace at the Dockyard over the prison because drones were dropping contraband to prisoners. 

Edited by Charles4515

My husband said basically, the regulations there are the same as in the United States.  Hopefully, he will get some good drone videos and shots where they are allowed.   Thanks for all the information you have given me for this cruise!