MSC Seaside - Embarkation Question from Miami

JC5240

Hi All!

My SO and I are leaving for our first MSC cruise on the Seaside on October 12th - so exciting!

Our departure from Miami is scheduled for 5p, and our allotted check-in time is noon. 

How strict is MSC when it comes to boarding during the allotted check-in time? If we wanted to board earlier, could we do so? If so, what's the earliest we could board?

Sorry for all of the questions! As a seasoned NCL cruiser, their check-in time was used as a gauge but they weren't strict with it at all. We basically were able to get to the port as early as 9:30am and be among the first passengers to board (usually we were on the ship anywhere between 10:30a/11:30a). We are hoping that we can do the same with MSC, as we always love starting the vacation as early as possible! 🙂

So excited to try out MSC and be on board the beautiful Seaside. Thanks in advance for your answers!

I'd suspect that this cruiseline would be the same as others.  Once debarkation is completed, they can start the boarding process.  As you are aware, you won't be able to get into your cabin or receive your luggage, but at least you'd be able to roam around the ship and sample some food and drinks!  

We're on the Feb 8, 2020 sailing.

• Like 1

Have a great trip 🚢

Also, to be clear, you can get there before 10:30, but that seems to be about the sweet spot.  Very comfortable terminal for the early birds to wait in. 

Edited by TrinaLC
  • Like 1

Our one MSC cruise (so far) was super easy in terms of embarkation. We got to the cruise terminal about 11:30 and were onboard within 15 minutes. We were in the Aurea experience, but honestly it looked like everybody was zooming through the process. Enjoy your cruise, we loved the Seaside and hope you will, too! The ship is gorgeous and I highly recommend the gym and Thermal Spa. 

• Like 1

Thanks DCGuy - we are also in the Aurea experience, and super excited about it. Don't want to rush the summer away buttttttttttt can't wait for October haha

13 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Our one MSC cruise (so far) was super easy in terms of embarkation. We got to the cruise terminal about 11:30 and were onboard within 15 minutes. We were in the Aurea experience, but honestly it looked like everybody was zooming through the process. Enjoy your cruise, we loved the Seaside and hope you will, too! The ship is gorgeous and I highly recommend the gym and Thermal Spa. 

15 minutes ago, JC5240 said:

Thanks DCGuy - we are also in the Aurea experience, and super excited about it. Don't want to rush the summer away buttttttttttt can't wait for October haha

Hahaha, I can imagine. Our cruise on Seaside was last October, so I imagine you're getting psyched up for it already. 😊 Our favorite place to hang out during the day was up in the exclusive Solarium on Deck 19, with its own bar. 🍹

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JC5240 said:

Hi All!

My SO and I are leaving for our first MSC cruise on the Seaside on October 12th - so exciting!

Our departure from Miami is scheduled for 5p, and our allotted check-in time is noon. 

How strict is MSC when it comes to boarding during the allotted check-in time? If we wanted to board earlier, could we do so? If so, what's the earliest we could board?

Sorry for all of the questions! As a seasoned NCL cruiser, their check-in time was used as a gauge but they weren't strict with it at all. We basically were able to get to the port as early as 9:30am and be among the first passengers to board (usually we were on the ship anywhere between 10:30a/11:30a). We are hoping that we can do the same with MSC, as we always love starting the vacation as early as possible! 🙂

So excited to try out MSC and be on board the beautiful Seaside. Thanks in advance for your answers!

They start check in around 1030 and boarding 1145-1200 so ignore the noon check in time.

• Like 1