Changes coming to Freedom

I just watched the video about the changes planned for FOS. Looks pretty good to me. All I can say is I hope there are no further delays in finishing her as we are scheduled for the first cruise after her upgrade. I hadn’t scheduled to be on the first voyage because I didn’t want to worry about being canceled. But now she is already delayed up to our cruise. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the link!  Hope you have a great cruise.  We are not back on Freedom until Jan. 2021.  Was curious if they are pulling out the CL on deck 10 (replacing with inside cabins) and putting in SL...like other sister ships and Voyager ships.  The deck plans after May 2020 don't show that change.  

Hope you come back and post a review!   How are your babies doing?  🙂 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Bob....do you know if they are tearing the CL out of Freedom during dry dock?  

I don't know for sure, but I'd be very surprised if that area did not become staterooms.

• Like 1

Just now, fletch1027 said:

I'm curious what will be in store for Explorer. Hopefully some details will be coming out soon regarding Explorer, since it's next in line for Amplified after Freedom...

Sister ship Mariner had CL taken out...SL on VCL deck.  Inside cabins went into old CL location on deck 9.  Jamies Italian on Mariner (was actually quite good on that ship).  

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't know for sure, but I'd be very surprised if that area did not become staterooms.

It was weird walking by the old CL location on Mariner to see that new wall up, and the small hallway going to the inside cabins.  

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I just watched the video about the changes planned for FOS. Looks pretty good to me. All I can say is I hope there are no further delays in finishing her as we are scheduled for the first cruise after her upgrade. I hadn’t scheduled to be on the first voyage because I didn’t want to worry about being canceled. But now she is already delayed up to our cruise. 

I think we are the 2nd cruise out of the hatch...04/12/20. I sure hope we don't get cut either...this is literally the ONLY week we can travel!!

41 minutes ago, Itsasecret80 said:

I think we are the 2nd cruise out of the hatch...04/12/20. I sure hope we don't get cut either...this is literally the ONLY week we can travel!!

The first cruise after the dry dock is March 8th - 15th. That would mean the second cruise is March 15th. 4/12/20 looks to be the 6th cruise after dry dock.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Along with the things currently on decks 6-8 that seem to be also converting to more staterooms (Loyalty, Library, RC Online)... 

39 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

Along with the things currently on decks 6-8 that seem to be also converting to more staterooms (Loyalty, Library, RC Online)... 

And this is Common as Royals been doing this for 10yrs. First with Vision Class, then Radiance, now Voyager and Freedom.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Bob....do you know if they are tearing the CL out of Freedom during dry dock?  

FWIW we were were told by the LA on the Freedom March 2019 that the CL would be gutted and inside staterooms added. Also that the Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine were going to be converted into the suite lounge. All to happen during the 2020 amplification. (?)

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Interesting. So we are set to take our cruise on Mar 29. The itinerary has been San Juan, St Maarten, St Kitts & Nevis, Antigua, St Lucia, and Barbados. But now sounds like some of that is changing. Any specific confirmation? I don't think it'll change our decision to take this cruise but just something to be aware of as we are still in the middle of figuring out excursions.

Edited by cr08

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

FWIW we were were told by the LA on the Freedom March 2019 that the CL would be gutted and inside staterooms added. Also that the Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine were going to be converted into the suite lounge. All to happen during the 2020 amplification. (?)

That is what I thought as well, though the "always reliable and accurate 😂 " RCI website does not show that on deck plans after May 3rd for deck 10.   But I would agree with you, my DS friend, to be accurate information.  Website info.  Not!  😜  That is exactly what they did with little sister Mariner.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/freedom-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2008/10

Edited by island lady