Medallion ships room announcements on TV

olegna

Does anyone know how to get the public announcements on the cabin tv?

Old days, just tuned to bridge camera and there it was. Have asked several ship personnel and no can do. Must keep door open. Very strange for modern tech. 

Thanks for response. 

Currently on the Caribbean princess bound for Greenland. 

IMO Princess has always been over concerned about disturbing passengers with announcements in the cabin, so we have to open the door and listen in the hallway, or some people listen on the TV.  They CAN pipe it into the cabin, it has nothing to do with technology.

8 minutes ago, olegna said:

Thanks but there seems to be NO WAY to listen on tv when I want to. 

Unless there is a secret way. 

Any thoughts?

🤔

Yes phone Princess  headquarters in the city of Santa Clarita Calif &  ask them for that information as to how you can see it on the TV 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, olegna said:

Old days, just tuned to bridge camera and there it was. Have asked several ship personnel and no can do. Must keep door open. Very strange for modern tech. 

Thanks for response. 

Is there no bridge cam station, or does the bridge cam station not broadcast the commentary? On the Royal (similar tech and TVs) we heard it on the bridge cam station. Just not as easy a channel to flip to as before, though.

3 hours ago, hpeabody said:

IMO Princess has always been over concerned about disturbing passengers with announcements in the cabin, so we have to open the door and listen in the hallway, or some people listen on the TV.  They CAN pipe it into the cabin, it has nothing to do with technology.

4 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Is there no bridge cam station, or does the bridge cam station not broadcast the commentary? On the Royal (similar tech and TVs) we heard it on the bridge cam station. Just not as easy a channel to flip to as before, though.

9 hours ago, olegna said:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes there is a bridge camera station but no audio or commentary. 

Strange. 

A few years back they did have the announcements included on that channel.

I guess they stopped it for some reason. We liked to leave it on that channel while we were getting ready in the mornings so we knew when the ship had been cleared.

10 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

We were just on the Regal Baltic Cruise last week and were able to hear the ship’s announcements on the bridge cam channel.

Same on the Royal last week. Occasionally there is an announcement about late returning passengers and I'm not sure whether those announcements were on the bridge cam channel. Certainly the captain and navigators reports were as were the national parks people that came on board.

I wonder if it is a function of whether or not the room TV has been upgraded to the newer flat screens that have different menus.  The Royal Class ships, I believe, have the ability to hear announcements on the bridge cam channel and it may now be a function on the Caribbean Princess, Emerald and Crown.  Don't hold me to that, but it would make sense seeing that they had been retrofitted.

6 minutes ago, Grego said:

I wonder if it is a function of whether or not the room TV has been upgraded to the newer flat screens that have different menus.  The Royal Class ships, I believe, have the ability to hear announcements on the bridge cam channel and it may now be a function on the Caribbean Princess, Emerald and Crown.  Don't hold me to that, but it would make sense seeing that they had been retrofitted.

Perhaps, but I was on Sapphire about 3 years ago and I could hear announcements on the Bridge cam channel back then.

5 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Perhaps, but I was on Sapphire about 3 years ago and I could hear announcements on the Bridge cam channel back then.

Good input.  Maybe it's a case of a ship by ship situation.  We'll be on the Crown next month and the Caribbean Princess in December and it will be interesting to see if they have announcements on their bridge channel.

32 minutes ago, Grego said:

Am currently on the CB. 

Have the new large flat screen. 

Medallion class. 

NO sound or announcements on bridge or navigation screens 

The latest tech is hurting

Also to see account statement must go to www no account data on tv. 

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I'm still waiting for them to include a DR menu on one of the channels for lunch & dinner each night. :classic_wink:

that'll day will  come when your residing at a senior care facility. 🤭

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

that'll day will  come when your residing at a senior care facility. 🤭

I don't think I'll need it then.

Monday- Meat loaf.

Tues- chicken 

Wed- filet sole

Thurs- pot roast

Fri- Fish stew.

Sat- Hamburger

Sun- Roast beef. 

Repeat weekly. :classic_wacko:

On 8/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, olegna said:

Thanks for response. 

Just got back from a cruise on the Regal, and the announcements from the bridge were broadcast on the bridge cam channel.  On the Medallion ships with the new TVs, you'll find the bridge cam channel under the Live TV category.

1 hour ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Just got back from a cruise on the Regal, and the announcements from the bridge were broadcast on the bridge cam channel.  On the Medallion ships with the new TVs, you'll find the bridge cam channel under the Live TV category.

Would have guessed that, but NOT so on the Caribbean Princess. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

On 8/22/2019 at 6:03 AM, MissP22 said:

I'm still waiting for them to include a DR menu on one of the channels for lunch & dinner each night. :classic_wink:

It should be possible. We were on RCs Ovation in May, and the tv had all the menus from all the food venues (pay and free). Nice feature.