Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
57eric

Linking Dining Reservations

Recommended Posts

We have obtained a Travel With ID from Cunard in order to have our dining reservation linked with friends.  I am trying to locate the related information in my Voyage Personalizer to verify that the loop has been closed but I can't find it.  Can anyone help?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The information isn't on the Voyage Personaliser. I've had to 'phone Cunard, in the past, who then confirm the bookings have been linked or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NavyPanda said:

The information isn't on the Voyage Personaliser. I've had to 'phone Cunard, in the past, who then confirm the bookings have been linked or not.

Thanks. 

 

Why do they make it hard on themselves, I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done this twice:

 

Step 1: Party A rings Cunard and asks for linked booking code

 

Step 2: Party B rings Cunard and tells them the code. Cunard says "we have linked your booking to Mr and Mrs so and so"

 

That's it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 57eric said:

Thanks. 

 

Why do they make it hard on themselves, I wonder?

It's as easy as Toad said, or do as we do and get your agent to do it for you. Agents have many uses and sorting your dining with friends, out, is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew the procedure and just wanted to verify that our other party had followed through.  If you've got a "Voyage Personalizer", this is exactly the sort of thing it ought to be used for, IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your intended dining companions are on the voyage prior, they just need to visit the Maitre d'. No codes or calls required.

 

Yes, this does mean that the party boarding later may not be aware of the arrangement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ToadOfToadHall said:

I've done this twice:

 

Step 1: Party A rings Cunard and asks for linked booking code

 

Step 2: Party B rings Cunard and tells them the code. Cunard says "we have linked your booking to Mr and Mrs so and so"

 

That's it.

 

 

 

I've missed a bit out of course.

 

Party A needs to tell Party B the code !!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 57eric said:

I knew the procedure and just wanted to verify that our other party had followed through.  If you've got a "Voyage Personalizer", this is exactly the sort of thing it ought to be used for, IMHO.

 

Yeah - but expecting their website to meet current expectations is a fool's errand. Cunard does things their way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...