Imagination Longbeach

Johnny60

We dock at 7 am.  Is it feasible to get a 10 am flight from Longbeach airport, if we do our best to get off the ship as soon at it docks?  Next flight is 4.30 pm.  Other alternative is to travel to LAX.  Anyone been successful in getting wifi in the port so that I can call an Uber?  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.  Thank you

Cell phone service should be excellent in the port, however there are other factors which could screw up your leave early plan. Early morning fog could cause ship to port LATE, immigration clearance could meet with some glitches are just some of them. If you SELF-DEBARK and everything else goes well you have a fighting chance, IMHO. Long Beach airport is close by and easy to move through. What could go wrong ? 🙂

• Like 1

According to Carnival's website (under Already Booked, Airport Transportation) if you book their shuttle to Long Beach airport you shouldn't book a flight earlier than 11 am.  We always use this as a rule of thumb, even though we always book our own transportation from the ship to the airport.  You never know what time you'll actually get off the ship ( we were delayed once due to gangplank problems, or what the traffic to the airport will be like, or how long it will take to check in and clear security.

Here's the link:

https://www.carnival.com/airport-transportation/airport-shuttles.aspx

• Like 1

I don't know about Long Beach airport.  However,  when I cruised out of Long Beach, I walked off the ship as soon as they let people off around 7-7:30, there were dozens of cabs waiting, and I was at LAX in less than 45 minutes.  It was a Sunday morning in October.  If you take all your stuff with you, it's possible. 

For what it's worth, I'm not one to worry or stress. There will be a ton of naysayers telling you it's too risky. As long as you can handle the risk, go for it.

Edited by cruizergal70
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'd do it if you self-assist and take a waiting cab. When are you sailing? 

We are sailing 2/6/20 but need to book flight soon.   Yes we would do self assist.  Would I get Uber ok or is a cab just as good?  Thanks

We cruise out of Long Beach all the time and use the Long beach Air port.  We have consistently made a 1020 airplane with no trouble.  But as an earlier poster stated one glitch along the way that causes a delay will make that tough to do.

• Like 1

If you book Southwest, you can cancel your flight up until about 15 before it's scheduled to leave, and then apply the total fare towards making another flight. Also, consider Faster To The Fun so you can get off right as the gangway opens. Obvi carry you bags off. 

• Like 1

We're platinum, and we have two departures to choose from, one at the start of Self-Assist, and one at the start of Zone 1. I will have to look at some old documents to be sure, but I think FTF was invited to special gathering place (Inspiration is in the Library)

The time I ordered an Uber at Long Beach it took FOREVER for them to get them and find me.  There was a lot of traffic and I could see it wasn't the driver's fault.  I'd take the waiting cab even if I had to pay more (if I had a time deadline)

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Are you speaking of to a specific city, because they definitely fly to Seattle out of LGB.

Sorry for not giving wrong information   I thought SWA didn't fly into SWA   'It seems like they started flying out of KLGB recently

5 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Good to know. I wonder if the OP can visit guest services to see if they can get an exception to disembark early.

I am a disabled wheelchair user, dont know if that would count?  Thanks

7 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Good to know. I wonder if the OP can visit guest services to see if they can get an exception to disembark early.

Yes you can. Go to guest services with your plane tickets and they will approve you early off no matter what designation you are.

3 hours ago, Johnny60 said:

I am a disabled wheelchair user, dont know if that would count?  Thanks

I'm sure Guest Services will be able to accommodate you for an early departure. Just be sure to talk to them about it BEFORE the last night. 

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

You're very welcome.  And...I have distant relatives living on PEI as well as buried there.  The Buote family, to be precise.

Its a lovely part of the country, and I feel so fortunate to live here.  I am a Canadian citizen and have lived here 10 years.  I am originally from the UK.

Thank you for your help and advice.

As others have mentioned, Long Beach airport is a breeze to navigate and not far from the port. We have cruised out of LB many times and getting off the ship in time for a 10am flight shouldn't be an issue. One warning, we had one cruise that had to port in San Diego and then get bused to Long Beach due to tide conditions and there are also fog delays at times. Fingers crossed these won't be an issue for you that day. Enjoy your cruise!