Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
brockmom

Anyone on Eclipse now ?

We are boarding Sept 8 for Alaska.

I am curious as who the house band is and the cruise director.

Anyone happen to know.

thanks

Brockmom

πŸ˜€

9 minutes ago, brockmom said:

We are boarding Sept 8 for Alaska.

I am curious as who the house band is and the cruise director.

Anyone happen to know.

thanks

Brockmom

πŸ˜€

We were on the August 4th sailing.Β  I don't recall the house band's name, but Simon was the cruise director.

Β 

I hope you can enjoy the same weather we had...no rain the entire week!Β  It was fantastic!

Simon is a riot ! Love his shoes...lol

i hope he will still be on board.

thanks !

πŸ˜€

Yes, Simon has nice shoes!

Β 

"Big Mike" was the musical director on the July 21 cruise. He and the band were excellent, especially in the production shows.

We just got off the Eclipse last Sunday after a wonderful week of cruising to Alaska.

We live in the State of Washington,Β  about a 75 minute drive from our house, through Canadian Customs, and parking in the lower levels at Canada Place.Β Β Β They took our luggage, then an elevator ride up and we were on our way through check in and customs. I think we might have waited 5 minutes, then onto the ship by 11:00. One of the most absolutely pain-less embarkations we have ever done in 25 cruises. Lunch in the Ocean View, along with visiting with a few people on this ever so friendly cruise, and our room was ready.Β 

The entire cruise was GREAT. The water was smooth the entire trip. My favorite part was the three hours at the Hubbard Glacier. The Captain got within a half mile, although the glacier is so huge, it seemed like we could almost touch it.Β 

The entertainment was quite good overall. Singers and Dancers did several shows that were all very good. A couple nights of comedians were so-so, Two highlight entertainment features were the A cappella group from Vox Audio, and the Not Really the Three Tenors. Both were fabulous!!!!

We enjoy meeting new people each night at dinner, so we choose Select dining. Excellent service by Juan and his assistant. Food was also excellent, with a great variety on each and every menu. We had breakfast in the Ocean View Buffet and this was also a great experience.

Overall, one of our very best cruises. We got off at each port but honestly we just enjoy the ship anymore. Although we were an hour late getting to Vancouver, disembarkation was just as easy as getting on the ship.