B2B2B and Seabourn Club Benefits - When do they start?

scottam

Hello,

DH and I are booked on our first Seabourn cruise in Nov 2019. The cruise is a 43-day Cruise made up of 3 segments, but we booked it as 1 cruise.  I understand that club benefits are available upon completion of our first cruise, so “technically” we wouldn’t benefit from the perks at all during this voyage. I am wondering if, by chance, they will still recognize the segments as individual cruises and allow us to earn and use our benefits during the 2nd and 3rd legs. 

Would love to to hear about your B2B Club Benefits experiences. 

Thank you!

Tammy

Edited by scottam

I don’t know what the official policy is but in an identical situation my partner reached 250 days mid cruise for us but at the end of a segment for most on board.  He went to speak to the Guest Services Manager and his benefits were upgraded for the remainder of our journey.

Best,

Floris 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:06 PM, scottam said:

Hello,

DH and I are booked on our first Seabourn cruise in Nov 2019. The cruise is a 43-day Cruise made up of 3 segments, but we booked it as 1 cruise.  I understand that club benefits are available upon completion of our first cruise, so “technically” we wouldn’t benefit from the perks at all during this voyage. I am wondering if, by chance, they will still recognize the segments as individual cruises and allow us to earn and use our benefits during the 2nd and 3rd legs. 

Thank you!

Tammy

Each segment counts separately for benefits IME. If you hit a number-of-days milestone during one segment your new status kicks in at the beginning of the next segment. Check with the Seabourn club rep onboard. 

Edited by jozi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jozi said:

Each segment counts separately for benefits IME. If you hit a number-of-days milestone during one segment your new status kicks in at the beginning of the next segment. Check with the Seabourn club rep onboard. 

That is not how it was handled for us.  We were told that our benefits would not be counted until our next separate cruise.  This was from Guest Services.  Perhaps things have changed since 2018?

12 minutes ago, SLSD said:

That is not how it was handled for us.  We were told that our benefits would not be counted until our next separate cruise.  This was from Guest Services.  Perhaps things have changed since 2018?

We did it in 2017 and then this year. Long cruises with two week segments. We hit the milestone in the midst of  first segment and had to wait until second segment began. Which seemed fair. We had to ask. First time it was easily done. Second time we went to the club rep to double check when the square staff said no (or perhaps just didn’t understand what we were asking). 

On 8/21/2019 at 5:06 PM, scottam said:

We graduated to a higher loyalty level in the midst of a B2B cruise in early 2016.  We clarified out situation with SB Club before we sailed and had correspondence confirming that we'd be eligible for higher status at the end of our first segment.  Once onboard, we were granted benefits associated with that higher level at the beginning of our second segment.  

Our situation differed from yours in that our B2B was booked as separate cruises with unique booking numbers.  I think if the B2B is booked as a single cruise with a single booking number, the enhanced loyalty benefits would not kick in until the next cruise after the B2B.  Maybe a quick email to SB Club would remove any doubt?

5 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

We graduated to a higher loyalty level in the midst of a B2B cruise in early 2016.  We clarified out situation with SB Club before we sailed and had correspondence confirming that we'd be eligible for higher status at the end of our first segment.  Once onboard, we were granted benefits associated with that higher level at the beginning of our second segment.  

Our situation differed from yours in that our B2B was booked as separate cruises with unique booking numbers.  I think if the B2B is booked as a single cruise with a single booking number, the enhanced loyalty benefits would not kick in until the next cruise after the B2B.  Maybe a quick email to SB Club would remove any doubt?

We booked each of the long cruises as a single voyage, single booking numbers. 

3 hours ago, jozi said:

We did it in 2017 and then this year. Long cruises with two week segments. We hit the milestone in the midst of  first segment and had to wait until second segment began. Which seemed fair. We had to ask. First time it was easily done. Second time we went to the club rep to double check when the square staff said no (or perhaps just didn’t understand what we were asking). 

3 hours ago, jozi said:

We booked each of the long cruises as a single voyage, single booking numbers. 

And our back to back cruises were under one booking number---perhaps that is the difference.  Also, we did not go to the club representative.  

9 hours ago, SLSD said:

And our back to back cruises were under one booking number---perhaps that is the difference.  Also, we did not go to the club representative.  

Confused. Not different. Ours were also under one booking number.  Two separate B2B instances with one booking number, different years. 

2 hours ago, jozi said:

Confused. Not different. Ours were also under one booking number.  Two separate B2B instances with one booking number, different years. 

Well, all I can tell you is that we did not get benefits based on days until our next separate cruise.  I don't see why different segments booked under one or two numbers should make a difference.  We did not think to go to the club representative--next time we will do that.  It appears that Seabourn does not treat this situation the same way every time.  

Edited by SLSD

On 8/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, MightyQuinn said:

We We to a higher loyalty level in the midst of a B2B cruise in early 2016.  We clarified out situation with SB Club before we sailed and had correspondence confirming that we'd be eligible for higher status at the end of our first segment.  Once onboard, we were granted benefits associated with that higher level at the beginning of our second segment.  
giving

We booked a back to back under a single booking number in 2017.  Contacted the club in advance and got an email saying we would get our benefits at the end of the first segment.  Took the email and the CLub Representative made a copy and att he start of the second segment we had our benefit.  She was unaware of our email but, giving her a copy sufficed to get the benefits.  YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it! I think I will email the SB Club contact prior to the cruise and ask. If it works and we get our perks, great. If not, we’ll wait until our next cruise booking with them. Thanks again!

Tammy 

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it! I think I will email the SB Club contact prior to the cruise and ask. If it works and we get our perks, great. If not, we’ll wait until our next cruise booking with them. Thanks again!

Tammy 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I emailed Seabourn Club and thought I’d report back on what they told me. 

They said we would be able to take advantage of earned perks on the segment(s) after we reach the milestone. So, in our case, we’d be at level 1 (Member) after our first segment (13 days), and Silver after our second segment (9 days) is completed. We are to simply check in with the Seabourn Club rep on board a few days before and give them a heads up so they can contact corporate for approval and to make it happen. 

When we reach the 3rd segment, some of the perks, especially the laundry and internet, will be very much appreciated!  

Tammy 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, scottam said:

When we reach the 3rd segment, some of the perks, especially the laundry and internet, will be very much appreciated!  

You do realize at the silver level you each only get to choose one of the listed perks. You don't get them all. Granted you will each get to pick one, so a couple traveling together could get one bag of laundry and one internet package.

Same benefits as Seabourn Club Member, plus your choice of ONE of the following:

n 10% savings on Shore Excursions**

n 10% savings on premium wines & spirits

n Complimentary internet – 2-hour Silver Package

n Complimentary telephone – 20 minutes

n Seabourn Club Signature Massage n Day in the Spa Serene Area

n One complimentary bag of laundry

10 hours ago, nolatravelgirl said:

You do realize at the silver level you each only get to choose one of the listed perks. You don't get them all. Granted you will each get to pick one, so a couple traveling together could get one bag of laundry and one internet package.

Same benefits as Seabourn Club Member, plus your choice of ONE of the following:

n 10% savings on Shore Excursions**

n 10% savings on premium wines & spirits

n Complimentary internet – 2-hour Silver Package

n Complimentary telephone – 20 minutes

n Seabourn Club Signature Massage n Day in the Spa Serene Area

n One complimentary bag of laundry

Thanks for pointing that out. Amazing the difference one missed word can make! 🧐 It will still be helpful, but I’m glad to know now that I misread it. 

Tammy

On 8/21/2019 at 9:29 PM, SLSD said:

Sadly, they will not recognize your benefits on this three leg cruise.  You will have to wait for your NEXT Seabourn cruise.  

Call Seabourn Club, explain the situation, ask the question and a note will be put in your profile.  Then just a few days before the next cruise begins (this is to avoid conflict with new passengers boarding and the Front Desk being extremely busy), go to the Front Desk or Club Hostess who will call up your profile and make the benefit change to take effect with the start of the next cruise.