Cruise Critic Community
Wombat wills

Magellan 42 nights Amazon 2020

I know there is no self service laundry on Magellan, so does anyone have a laundry price list so I can estimate expenditure on the 42 day cruise. Smalls we can wash by hand but other clothes will need to be sent away which I hate doing. CMV just say it’s reasonable.... 

I tried to find you a list but there appears to be none available on the internet.  From my own experience on the Magellan's sister ship, Columbus, I found the prices tended to range between £2.50 and £10 depending on the size/type of item.  For example, I had two shirts beautifully laundered overnight for a total of £5.  I found that reasonable enough.   If you have travelled more than 21 days previously with CMV you can obtain discounts on laundry through the Columbus Club facility.

Sometimes they have deals, say £10 for as much as you can get in the laundry bag they supply.

There's also a small roll call in the 'Other Cruise Lines' bit. Can't link to it from my phone .

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Train Newcastle to Kings cross then St Pancras to Gravesend overnight in Gravesend then ferry to Tilbury same on way back without the overnight.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, Wombat wills said:

Train Newcastle to Kings cross then St Pancras to Gravesend overnight in Gravesend then ferry to Tilbury same on way back without the overnight.

Are you taking your luggage with you or using a luggage service? Am not able to use the train and take a large case as well. I don't travel light at the best of times but this is the longest cruise I have undertaken.......

My TA has sent me an excursion brochure of their own but that only contains ports of call where I'll be doing my own thing..... Rotterdam, Funchal, Barbados, St Lucia and St Johns.

We are carrying our own luggage. I know there are a few different luggage transfer companies around to send bags in pre and post cruise.

Had a nightmare finding a luggage courier service to a cruise ship so have decided to drive down and park at the pier.

Spending the night before at Stifford Hall.

Linda

We have just returned from Magellan.  Having seen the prices for their laundry, we decided not to bother.  About 3 days before the end of the cruise they did a special offer of a bag of laundry - washed but not pressed - for £12, but it was a small bag.  It would not hold one week's worth of one person's shirts and underwear.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, Wombat wills said:

Oh we are on there for 42 days. Do I need to remortgage for laundry

Am hoping, as with car parking, they'll have special rates 🤞

We have used 'The Baggage Handling Company' for Fred Olsen Cruises from Southampton and Dover (especially when on a one way, fly back cruise and it worked well, so we just took one main bag down on the train.  I do not know if they work with CMV though.

If you do use them make sure your pick day for luggage going to the ship gives a bit of extra time in case of a missed pick up.  Not likely to happen though and they do apparently pick up emails quickly if there are any problems - just best to be totally certain about it.