Cruise Critic Community
Ombud

Android Medallion Class App

Posted (edited)

I deleted all the apps except Ocean Ready in anticipation of the 'new and improved'  Medallion Class App which was supposed to be here last week. I sail October 14, 2019. Should I reinstall them as the app isn't here? Or just Ocean Now as the others are basically useless? Frustrated ... WWYD? 🤔

Edited by Ombud

Sounds like you still have time for the new app to roll out. I would wait a couple weeks and see.

Come on Princess, sort the App out for the free thinkers of the World 

They posted near the end of last week that it would be available later this week so I guess we'll see! 

OM.png

Yeah well they may have finished the app but Google store is notorious for being a swamp to get apps through at times from what I hear from some independent developers.

It must have shown up in the last couple of hours. I had already checked earlier today! Thanks for updating us!

Interesting ...

Installed on my 3yr old phone, Android 7.1.1

Installed on an old phone I use onlu as MP3 player, Android 6.0.1

Playstore says not available for my tablet, Android 8.1.1

All Samsung devices

So, it's still a work in progress?  Really?

So disappointed.  As expected I can not install it on my Samsung phone.  OS too old. 😞  I was wishing .....

Just had to do an update rather than new install. I guess it's replacing an existing Ocean app on Android. All working well on my Samsung 8 though

Posted (edited)

I just installed it a few minutes ago on Samsung 8.  Looks like it updated/replaced former OCEAN Now app on my phone.  I still have the other OCEAN Apps.  Looking forward to seeing it working on the Crown in Nov.

After a quick look, it seems I cannot access my wife's info like I could with OCEAN Ready.  She does show as my travel companion.

Edited by steelers36

Just installed on my Samsung Galaxy S6, OS 7.0. Thank you to all who contributed to this thread!

Our journey on the Enchanted is too far out to recognize, but I was able to load all of my data in ❤️

I just had an update too. We have Samsung 8. I just added our January cruise but haven't tried to add the others we have booked next year. 

On 8/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, pms4104 said:

Interesting ...

Installed on my 3yr old phone, Android 7.1.1

Installed on an old phone I use onlu as MP3 player, Android 6.0.1

Playstore says not available for my tablet, Android 8.1.1

All Samsung devices

So, it's still a work in progress?  Really?

Which size screens to support (handset, tablet, tv, etc) is a developer decision.

That the app doesn't install on a tablet doesn't indicate that it isn't finished, just

that someone decided that it shouldn't...

17 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Which size screens to support (handset, tablet, tv, etc) is a developer decision.

That the app doesn't install on a tablet doesn't indicate that it isn't finished, just

that someone decided that it shouldn't...

I suspect that's the issue. Pretty short sighted decision if true, as many of us don't use our phones for this sort of thing, and on board the phones stay in the safe. Does the Apple version of the new app work on iPads as well as iPhones? 

Also, FWIW, I installed the new Android app on a Microsoft Surface Windows tablet, using Bluestacks. Sets up and runs fine, albeit a bit slow due the emulation. And it runs as a phone app, so no widescreen tablet format.

Interesting.  Went to get  the app and it had already installed automatically.  Of course it lost my passport data again, but that seems to be normal with Ocean Ready.

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Interesting.  Went to get  the app and it had already installed automatically.  Of course it lost my passport data again, but that seems to be normal with Ocean Ready.

Yes, happened to me - but not right away.   When I first installed new Medallion Android app, all was fine.  Then seemed to not recognize that our Passport info was there.  That is resolved now.