I feel short changed

sxphil

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just a reminder, keep your eye on the clock,  to make sure you were seated for dinner and have time to order before the happy hour ends. 

Cheers

m

Good advice. We had no idea that you could use your D-vouchers in the main dining room. RC makes money on me because my 3 vouchers per day go unused. Sometimes I wonder if I'm lucky or not because I don't like the taste of alcohol, wine, or carbonated beverages. Water and unsweetened tea keep me hydrated.

For those who do drink please be careful what you drink when you are off of the ship. On a recent (on our own)excursion in Costa Maya, my DH was given a drink with something in it. As of this day, we have no idea what it was but it caused him to stagger as he walked from the taxi back to the ship and to our cabin where he slept for 19, yes nineteen,! hours. I was able to wake him up throughout the night and give him a little bit of water but he immediately fell sound asleep. When he finally woke up he was fine....no headache or nausea....thank you GOD. He just didn't remember even walking back to the ship. Needless to say it was a VERY frightening experience. (He hasn't had a drink off of the ship since then).

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

Well said.  I just hope you're not one of those sitting in the DL during the entire C&A HH drinking as many drinks as you can handle so you don't need to purchase the BP.  Or leave shortly before the end of the C&A HH and go to dinner and immediately order 3 drinks before the cut off. 🙄

Have seen those people "stagger" giggling to the elevator.  Really annoying that the group has claimed a whole section of seats since 3:30 .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squadron said:

Have seen those people "stagger" giggling to the elevator.  Really annoying that the group has claimed a whole section of seats since 3:30 .  

It must suck to be annoyed by others having a good time. 🙄 What was the DLC response to your complaint.  

• Like 3

Just an observation, I see two camps here on this thread calling out others for the same thing but different reasons and taking offense with tge other side.  Quite humorous actually and for most cases both incorrect.  You have one group saying those who get a package have an issue with drinking too much, and then the other saying those who don't the package but use the DO overindulging during happy hour.  Must it always come down to what is basically name calling?  Why do all threads on this subject end up the same way?

To answer the OPs question I wholeheartedly agree with you diamonds should get a discount on the drink package.  We are diamond, have tried the lounge a few times and it's just not for us.  The way we cruise the hours don't work and we prefer other drinks to those that are on the happy hour menu and at other times. If it's a sea day we will have a drink or 2 by the pool, taking one back to the cabin while getting ready for dinner.  If it's a port day we pick up something on the way back to the cabin.  We will usually have 2 glasses of wine with dinner, and then another drink or 2 later at the show or elsewhere. During the day we drink a lot if bottled water and will have more water in the evening between drinks.  Add on coffee, oj, and occasional soda and with the prices we have paid we are well ahead.  Since we have not used any of our drink perks why should we be paying what others who don't get the perks do?

To the OP, take a look at when and what you normally drink.  If you can use the happy hour time to your advantage great I am happy for you.  However if not a beverage package may still be the best for you.  

• Like 1

I used to entertain the DX once in a while using the D+ discount on board.  Sometimes I tired of the happy hour menu.  

With the recent DX price hikes I will be learning to live with the happy hour menu and a hybrid approach.

My strategy now is buy a few as I go, use my 20% off and BOGO C&A coupons to further this strategy and just accept a $80-$90 bar bill for a 6-8 night cruise.  Between happy hour drinks, a few purchased drinks, some top tier drinks and C&A wines in my stateroom it's way cheaper than the DX.  

It was almost like I was either all in with DX or all out and avoiding buying anything.  Now I just order what I want during the day mindful it costs money (as does the DX) and once happy hour comes along I'm already feeling good so there is no need to binge drink in the DL.   The DL is good for some bottled water for my cabin too so I've got water covered in this approach.  

With the price hikes the DX is getting too expensive for me.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

I am referring to those that each day spend the entire happy hour in the lounge. They are either inconsiderate for monopolizing a limit resource or they have an alcohol problem. What other category would they fall under?   

Value cruiser😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Do kids that are diamond members get 3 free drinks. (Virgin drinks, soda,  and juice) I alway get the drink package, but for my kids this might come in handy.

No free drinks for C&A members under 18.

3 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

How many times in a day could you. Ake that comment that things are included, not free

Depends on the context.  In this case when the prices drop by hundreds of £ when they don’t offer the “free” drinks package and conversely go up when they do it’s pretty cut and dry that you are paying for them. 

15 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Do kids that are diamond members get 3 free drinks. (Virgin drinks, soda,  and juice) I alway get the drink package, but for my kids this might come in handy.

If they accompany you to the lounge during happy hour the servers will get them virgin drinks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sxphil said:

Yes your response is irrelevant and unfortunatly is typical these days 

I am aware of the way the C&A Society works

Perhaps a glance at my signature would of told you that

Okay, perhaps I should have said "your question is irrelevant until your following cruise" My bad. Congrats on making diamond, by the way. 🙂

17 hours ago, island lady said:

Nope.  We enjoy the lounge before dinner for a couple of drinks,  but the real reason we like the lounge so much is to socialize with "birds of a feather" while sipping on our cocktails.  We all have the same passion...we love to cruise.  Have met many interesting people, some of whom we still stay in contact with, and enjoy cruising with again.  

Then it's off to dinner, with a glass of wine, and usually don't return to the lounge afterwards.  I do love it for coffee early in the am, one of my favorite perks.    🙂 

I TOTALLY agree!!! The best part of cruising is meeting others who love cruising as much as I! Yep, I’ve been guilty of spending 3 1/2 hours in CL and DL and overflow lounges.....normally drink only 3 drinks nightly, but love the chats and laughs from fun cruisers!

(Sal told me about Sydney to Perth.....seriously considering it, but don’t really want to do it solo.....and don’t want to do all three legs. Decisions, decisions.....)

8 hours ago, twangster said:

My strategy now is buy a few as I go, use my 20% off and BOGO C&A coupons to further this strategy and just accept a $80-$90 bar bill for a 6-8 night cruise.  Between happy hour drinks, a few purchased drinks, some top tier drinks and C&A wines in my stateroom it's way cheaper than the DX

That's a good strategy.

4 hours ago, CyranosBest said:

This is a great thread. It indicates the wonderful variety of cruisers and approaches to enjoying a cruise. But please remember, no one goes to the C&A HH anymore... it's too crowded 😁

LOL... 😉 

Edited by island lady

2 hours ago, cruising grandma said:

I TOTALLY agree!!! The best part of cruising is meeting others who love cruising as much as I! Yep, I’ve been guilty of spending 3 1/2 hours in CL and DL and overflow lounges.....normally drink only 3 drinks nightly, but love the chats and laughs from fun cruisers!

(Sal told me about Sydney to Perth.....seriously considering it, but don’t really want to do it solo.....and don’t want to do all three legs. Decisions, decisions.....)

Wish you would come!  You know you would never be alone.  🙂 And I can always tell what lounge you are in...you happy lady you!  😄  Hugs to you from Bucky and I.  

• Like 1