Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sxphil

I feel short changed

Recommended Posts

 I don’t think that opening a can of free soda (or three) implies cheapness on Rccl‘s part. The passenger wanted three cans of soda, and Rccl has given that to the passenger. 

 

 If the passenger only wanted to drink one can of soda, that’s all that they should’ve asked for.

 

Oh wait, are you saying that the passenger wanted  the 3 free cans of soda to be picked up during the cocktail hour  for free and consumed at another time when soda is not free?   Oh, seems the shoe is on the other foot. 

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am diamond, and usually get the deluxe package. I don’t get shortchanged on my drink vouchers, as the DW and I use the voucher drinks for our adult kids (who don’t have the funds for deluxe drink package) 

 I might not advertise this practice, as the verdict is still out regarding the appropriateness  of giving away the diamond drink vouchers. 

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 I might not advertise this practice, as the verdict is still out regarding the appropriateness  of giving away the diamond drink vouchers. 

 

M

Last summer on Harmony, the waiter brought my diamond drinks to the table and served them to my kids.  The drinks are Royal's gift to me for my loyalty, and as a gift I feel I can do with them what I want.  No different than sharing the bottle of wine the casino host gifted to me in my room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 I might not advertise this practice, as the verdict is still out regarding the appropriateness  of giving away the diamond drink vouchers. 

 

M

As long as they aren't taking up space in the DL. Sharing  C&A HH drinks on the Sea Pass cards is all on the bar staff. IMO it shouldn't be allowed, but I'll just leave it at that.  

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 I don’t think that opening a can of free soda (or three) implies cheapness on Rccl‘s part. The passenger wanted three cans of soda, and Rccl has given that to the passenger. 

 

 If the passenger only wanted to drink one can of soda, that’s all that they should’ve asked for.

 

Oh wait, are you saying that the passenger wanted  the 3 free cans of soda to be picked up during the cocktail hour  for free and consumed at another time when soda is not free?   Oh, seems the shoe is on the other foot. 

 

M

 

They're not really giving you a can of soda then are they; they're saying "here, this can's free because you're a loyal member but we don't want you to do whatever you want with it, but to drink it here and now or else it's gonna be flat later if you try to save it."

 

But someone who pays $3.25 outright for a can of soda can get it served unopened.

 

So that's how RCCL treats their "loyal" members. They're being cheap. They practically should be thankful the customer wanted a $0.25 can of soda instead of a $0.80 mixed beverage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dswallow said:

 

They're not really giving you a can of soda then are they; they're saying "here, this can's free because you're a loyal member but we don't want you to do whatever you want with it, but to drink it here and now or else it's gonna be flat later if you try to save it."

 

But someone who pays $3.25 outright for a can of soda can get it served unopened.

 

So that's how RCCL treats their "loyal" members. They're being cheap. They practically should be thankful the customer wanted a $0.25 can of soda instead of a $0.80 mixed beverage.

 

That would be true if the perk was 3 free drinks anytime but it’s not, it’s 3 free drinks between 4:30 and 8:00 and it should apply equally to soda just as it does fit getting a glass of wine or a bottle of beer.  Why would they give away unopened drinks for you to use anytime and then not purchase a drink later.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dswallow said:

They're not really giving you a can of soda then are they; they're saying "here, this can's free because you're a loyal member but we don't want you to do whatever you want with it, but to drink it here and now or else it's gonna be flat later if you try to save it."


How does that differ at all from the mixed drink policy?  They're not going to give you a can of Coke and a bottle of rum so you can mix yourself a rum-n-Coke later in your room, so why should it be any different if you want the Coke without the rum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hey everybody, we're giving this person a free soda and we have to open it for them before they leave the bar, because they're a petulant little child who just expects to be treated like that  and since it's our money we're giving out this stuff with, we're going to control every aspect of how you're allowed to use it. And just to be sure that we can't squeeze another soda purchase out of this person tomorrow in the daytime, we're gonna make sure they can't benefit by putting this aside and enjoying it later since, in case you missed it, we're paying for this drink for this freeloade, er, high level loyalty member, and not them."

 

Yeah, cheap.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dswallow said:

"Hey everybody, we're giving this person a free soda and we have to open it for them before they leave the bar, because they're a petulant little child who just expects to be treated like that  and since it's our money we're giving out this stuff with, we're going to control every aspect of how you're allowed to use it. And just to be sure that we can't squeeze another soda purchase out of this person tomorrow in the daytime, we're gonna make sure they can't benefit by putting this aside and enjoying it later since, in case you missed it, we're paying for this drink for this freeloade, er, high level loyalty member, and not them."

 

Yeah, cheap.

 

 

As per usual thanks those that abused the graciousness of the cruise line by hoarding multiple free sodas and waters so they didn't have to open their wallets and buy a drink while on the ship, then bragging about it, or telling others to do it both here and other social media sites.  So many look for the loopholes so they can cruise on the cheap.  No, it's not all but enough for Royal to notice and take action.  So as others have said not Royal being cheap, it's your fellow loyalty cruisers which now impact everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akcruz said:

 

As per usual thanks those that abused the graciousness of the cruise line by hoarding multiple free sodas and waters so they didn't have to open their wallets and buy a drink while on the ship, then bragging about it, or telling others to do it both here and other social media sites.  So many look for the loopholes so they can cruise on the cheap.  No, it's not all but enough for Royal to notice and take action.  So as others have said not Royal being cheap, it's your fellow loyalty cruisers which now impact everyone else.

 

This is the person to whom they are "rewarding": getting the benefit. This is not sharing a drink with someone else that you got as part of your drink package, or sneaking a second entree out from a specialty restaurant for your friend. Do they collect your cocktail from happy hour exactly at 8:30 whether you finished it or not? 

 

I feel terribly sorry for someone I see trying to enjoy their happy hour benefit and getting told this, or who stretch their cruising budget as best they can so they can take more trips, getting treated like a thief when they go up to a bar for a beverage.

 

It's petty on RCCL's part.

 

Letting people take 12 up-to-17-ounce non-alcoholic bottles of beverages aboard, per stateroom, is petty, too. 3-day cruise, 14-day cruise, still the same limit. 1 or 2 people in the cabin, or 4 or 5, still the same limit. And even within those rules, how petty is it to say " you have to carry it on yourself, no checking it in for delivery to your cabin, no placing it in your luggage for the same reason, either. Petty. They're actively making it as inconvenient as they can while still trying to appear magnanimous in letting you have them at all.

 

How about requiring RCCL put that on the Diamond Happy Hour menu -- "cans or bottles will only be served opened." Let's put their pettiness in black & white for all to see and see how well that works for their public relations. Right now there's two different ways they'll serve the same beverage to someone onboard -- the way they'll do it if you pay money directly, and the way they'll do it if you pay money and earn "rewards." Petty.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, just playing devils advocate here but what would then prevent someone from spending most of the evening in the lounge drinking the free booze then stopping by a bar just before 8 to stockpile their free sodas for use the next day.  That was never the intention of the lounge or the free drinks loaded onto your Seapass.

 

Next you’ll have couples going up to a bar and wanting 5 of their free glasses of wine all at once but since that’s a bottle why not just give us the bottle to take back to our room.

 

Too many people that are never satisfied with what’s offered and trying to get every last little bit they can out of the cruise line are going to spoil the benefits that Royal provides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 8:55 PM, travelplus said:

I thought  I saw Glenfiddich in addition to Dewars.

 I see the new list. We will be on Mariner in a couple of weeks and although I like Dewars I will definitely be having Glenfiddich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a good drink as much as the next person. The obsession over the free drinks/DX package is nuts. It's like the alcohol is the vacation, and everything else is secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit we usually pick up one or two bottles of water as part of our 'free' 3 drinks to drink overnight, didn't realise its was such a no-no!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I must admit we usually pick up one or two bottles of water as part of our 'free' 3 drinks to drink overnight, didn't realise its was such a no-no!!! 

In June on Indy lots of people were taking bottles of water and a drink out of the DL on their way to dinner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dswallow said:

 

They're not really giving you a can of soda then are they; they're saying "here, this can's free because you're a loyal member but we don't want you to do whatever you want with it, but to drink it here and now or else it's gonna be flat later if you try to save it."

 

But someone who pays $3.25 outright for a can of soda can get it served unopened.

 

So that's how RCCL treats their "loyal" members. They're being cheap. They practically should be thankful the customer wanted a $0.25 can of soda instead of a $0.80 mixed beverage.

 

 

So we have a cruiseline that made the decision to give out free Drinks to a Group of their repeat customers but they Limit this to a certain time and venue. They even Advance their offer with a limited amount to be consumed all around the ship during a certain time Frame.

Now they are called cheap and petty for their free offerings. I´m lost here at how a freebie given can be considered cheap and petty By the one giving the freebie.

 

IMO you have it the wrong way. It´s not RCI being cheap and petty here. It´s those People trying to squeeze the last Little bit out of the generous offerings. 

 

I don´t call it petty and cheap from RCI, I say they protect the Benefits for all By limiting the abuse from a few intead of just eliminating the Benefit alltogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

 

So we have a cruiseline that made the decision to give out free Drinks to a Group of their repeat customers but they Limit this to a certain time and venue. They even Advance their offer with a limited amount to be consumed all around the ship during a certain time Frame.

Now they are called cheap and petty for their free offerings. I´m lost here at how a freebie given can be considered cheap and petty By the one giving the freebie.

 

IMO you have it the wrong way. It´s not RCI being cheap and petty here. It´s those People trying to squeeze the last Little bit out of the generous offerings. 

 

I don´t call it petty and cheap from RCI, I say they protect the Benefits for all By limiting the abuse from a few intead of just eliminating the Benefit alltogether.

Reminds me of the Embassy Suites where a group would tell the Bar Tender that the Well Drinks were cheap after consuming it.  Royal Caribbean has a much better offering for a complimentary Happy Hour. 

 

 

I am gracious and will only take what I can handle. Ok taking one unopened can of soda for later to your stateroom is OK but not 10. 

 

Gee people abuse free things and ruins it for all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dswallow said:

I wouldn't expect RCCL to adjust loyalty programs to provide some measured value; they seem to take some amount of pride in offering only limited value and negating that value in as many ways as they can, such as offering "discounts" that ultimately result in equal or higher prices than discounts most anyone can get in advance.

 

It was just sad to see how an edict came down that bartenders are required to open cans/bottles served to guests using their C&A Happy Hour 3-free-drinks around the ship. They're actually not allowed to serve them an unopened can of soda so the guest can save it for later.

 

Cheapness, personified. 

 

So sure, I might otherwise consider it tacky that someone is maximizing the drinks they can get in the Diamond Lounge plus those they can get at any bar for the C&A Happy Hour, but RCCL is being just as petty with limiting brands at bars and doing what they can to control how each person enjoys their free drinks, so I just sit back and let them go at it. 

 

The whole system needs a revamping, for a variety of reasons.

Ok well let's compare it to my local Airline Club or when flying on Delta in First Class. Do you think you can have 6 drinks in one hour?  Do you really think Royal has to provide the entire bar for the Happy Hour? 

 

Were guests Onboard. Would you complain to your host if they were serving 2 Buck Chuck or Barron's Gin?

 

Look the menu Royal has is better than my stash at home. I don't drink liquor on a weekly basis and save it for a treat. 

 

I do like my Cognac and good Scotch and a Gin and Tonic or Campari. 

 

If Royal pairs it with good snacks then I'm fine. I love socializing and meeting my fellow cruisers! 

 

If would behoove me if someone would act entitled. Could you imagine the President of Royal being in the same room with a rude passenger? 

 

The Diamond Lounge is like a hotel executiveloungea privellage and not a right! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dswallow said:

The whole system needs a revamping, for a variety of reasons.

You seem to be very unhappy with the Crown and Anchor Happy Hour rules and Royal Caribbean.  You call them "petty," "cheap," etc.  Of course there is no law requiring you to accept this "petty, cheap" treatment.  You can certainly go and purchase top shelf drinks at any bar of your choice.  You are free (I assume) to cruise on any cruise line in the industry and accept their version of a loyalty  program.  In that vein, I don't know of ANY non-all inclusive cruise line that offers anything close to Royal Caribbean's Happy Hour.   

Sure, I'd love to see  improvements that benefit ME.  But I am more than willing to graciously accept their rules regarding the free drinks I get.  And the ARE Free.  I don't pay one single penny more for the cruise than anyone else.  In fact, I get a DISCOUNT on a Balcony or better.  So this is one case where the free drinks aren't "included," they are actually FREE. 

But heck, I guess that just makes them petty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For years there were lots of complaints about FREE items such as welcome back gifts ( photo frames,  tote bags, cosmetic bags beach bags,   hats etc.)  snack gift baskets, pillow chocolates and I guess RCCL figured out a way  to stop the complaints. - simply remove the FREE gift. 

 

I guess if there was no FREE happy hour or drink vouchers, then there would be no complaining! 

 

Be careful what you wish for.  Does anyone really think that  complaining about a FREE  benefit  will cause the company to  make  that free benefit more generous?

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

For years there were lots of complaints about FREE items such as welcome back gifts ( photo frames,  tote bags, cosmetic bags beach bags,   hats etc.)  snack gift baskets, pillow chocolates and I guess RCCL figured out a way  to stop the complaints. - simply remove the FREE gift. 

 

I guess if there was no FREE happy hour or drink vouchers, then there would be no complaining! 

 

Be careful what you wish for.  Does anyone really think that  complaining about a FREE  benefit  will cause the company to  make  that free benefit more generous?

 

M

 

Exactly this ^.   Enjoy your free perks (while we still have them)...tough to get your money back on "free".  😉  I never complained about the chocolates on my pillow...where did they go?  😮 

 

And don't even think about free upgrades any longer.   The "Up bid" demon slayed the upgrade fairy.  😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With appreciation to YB one more time: It ain't over till it's over. I'll gratefully enjoy the HH and the company of fellow cruisers there while we have it. Peace ✌️ out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Exactly this ^.   Enjoy your free perks (while we still have them)...tough to get your money back on "free".  😉  I never complained about the chocolates on my pillow...where did they go?  😮 

 

And don't even think about free upgrades any longer.   The "Up bid" demon slayed the upgrade fairy.  😞 

I sometimes bring bags of the small chocolate snack bars for our room steward and various servers, who all seem to like them a lot! I'll bring some for your pillow! RIP upgrade fairy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...