Cruise Critic Community
HawaiianShirtDay

Trying to plan excursion to Barbuda

Posted (edited)

We dig beautiful beaches.-Trunk Bay @ St. John USVI, Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda, Grace Bay @ Turks & Caicos. Crystal clear water, white sand- that's just our thing. Everyone has their thing, right?

We're cruising in early 2020. We get into St. John (Antigua) at 8am on a Wednesday and depart at 5pm. Although unpopulated and probably lacking amenities, the beaches in Barbuda look beautiful and we would love to go.

Does anyone know of any excursions for cruisers?

The cruise company does not have a Barbuda excursion listed. I checked out the ferry but I don't think it will work with the timing we're in port. Then I found a tour company but it looks like they only do excursions for people staying at hotels on the island.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Peace and love.

Edited by HawaiianShirtDay
Forgot detail

Barbuda was destroyed by Irma a couple of years ago. All residents were relocated to Antigua or other areas. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I'm aware of the history of the island and Irma but it appears to be rebounding. There are a couple of hotels open and I've seen some RECENT reviews on Trip Advisor for Barbuda's attractions. You may want to search for Princess Diana Beach or 17-Mile Beach on TA and see the glowing reviews. Plus, the hurricane recovery efforts are another reason to visit and bring in some tourism revenue.

Thanks for your info about rebuilding. I just asked a general question about rebuilding on Barbuda.