Cruise Critic Community
lucy2mb

What has birthday gift been on Carnival recently?

I just got off Sunshine and my birthday was Monday. I got the $50 spa card and a $5 Cherry on Top card. 

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

They aren't gifts from the stewards. They are distributed by the stewards.  I'm sure the OP could ask for her daughter. 

All of the certificates I got clearly said...." a gift from your cabin steward" and I felt badly for newbie cruisers who really believed that the stewards purchased these certificates  for them.

Just got of the Sunrise and the past two years my wife got either a spa gift card or a free picture. This year we got a card for a free photo gift - the gift when we went was for a free bundle of photos of the ship. I mean really!!!! Give us nothing but photos (about 10-4x6) of a ship a didn’t appreciate at all was crazy. 

Was on Royal the month before and she got a spa credit. 

On a a side note - if you get a massage in a port day - and it’s cheaper if you do - they don’t let you use the credit and the discount for a port day massage. It’s actually cheaper for a longer massage on a port day if you can even if you have the credit. But on a sea day the credit is your only savings. 

On 8/22/2019 at 3:06 PM, lucy2mb said:

Thanks!   I think my daughter will be disappointed because she was hoping for the spa credit.  This is the first cruise we have taken during her birthday month.   I guess we will just surprise her and she can have spa credit from us for part of her birthday present.

My mom got $5 off at the candy shop and $50 spa credit.  Wish I could have given it to your daughter! Would have rather gotten a photo certificate.