Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
armimi2001

Drink pkg included in cost

Recommended Posts

If the classic drink package is included in your cruise package, can you pay the difference for the premium. Most drink costs are higher than 9.00.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, armimi2001 said:

If the classic drink package is included in your cruise package, can you pay the difference for the premium. Most drink costs are higher than 9.00.


Yes, you can.  The difference it usually $12 per day ($10 plus 20% gratuity), but sometimes when drink packages go on sale you can get it for less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also can just pay the difference per drink if you want to.  More hassle, but possibly a lot less $$ depending what and how much you drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hiccups said:


Yes, you can.  The difference it usually $12 per day ($10 plus 20% gratuity), but sometimes when drink packages go on sale you can get it for less.

 

There is a sale on now. Check your cruise planner Currently 10% off the upgrade. (may not be on all sailings)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I have the classic package included and on my cruise planner it only shows the full price per day? Confused. 

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends if you are sailing in US waters or in Europe as the “ceiling” is different. I don’t think it matters where you bought it but where you are sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how do you find it?   We're on Edge in Europe next year...would love any discount!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyMandy said:

Hi

I have the classic package included and on my cruise planner it only shows the full price per day? Confused. 

 

Andy

 

Look at the Cruise Planner and at the top right of the page check Order History.  If your Classic package isn’t showing there then your reservation hasn’t had all perks loaded.  Many times this doesn’t get done until days before sailing.  If the Classic package isn’t showing just call Celebrity and they can update your Cruise Planner and you can upgrade while you are on the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never been able to upgrade my package on-line.  I’ve always had to call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, armimi2001 said:

If the classic drink package is included in your cruise package, can you pay the difference for the premium. Most drink costs are higher than 9.00.

Call Captains Club and they'll compete the upgrade purchase for you. In Europe, the cost per drink is higher, but so is the Classic and Premium limits. FYI, DH and I completed 7 cruises using the Classic package without any extra charges and never once felt deprived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called to upgrade from Classic to Premium and was told by Captains Club rep that although the packages were discounted on my cruise the upgrade wasn’t discounted.  I’m planning to try on a different sailing tomorrow, different sailing different rep maybe a different answer. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I called to upgrade from Classic to Premium and was told by Captains Club rep that although the packages were discounted on my cruise the upgrade wasn’t discounted.  I’m planning to try on a different sailing tomorrow, different sailing different rep maybe a different answer. 😊

The upgrade price will be the difference in the current price of classic and premium packages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...