Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
jordanaire

Proof of measel shots required?

A few months ago, there was a rumor that proof of measel shots would be required when checking in for your Carnival cruise. Has Carnival implemented this? Or was it just a rumor?  Thanks

When we boarded Legend late last month, there was absolutely nothing health-related asked of us upon check-in. I would put this one in the "rumor" column.

I am in my 60's. How on earth could I prove I had that shot in my youth?

Laura

29 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I am in my 60's. How on earth could I prove I had that shot in my youth?

Laura

You wouldn’t need to prove it.  For those of us in our 60’s, schools required immunizations and/or parents were responsible enough to ensure their children were immunized. 

19 minutes ago, GradUT said:

You wouldn’t need to prove it.  For those of us in our 60’s, schools required immunizations and/or parents were responsible enough to ensure their children were immunized. 

Great answer! Thx

37 minutes ago, GradUT said:

Measles  vaccine didn't become available until 1963. Good chance someone in their 60's and 70's got the measles and are immune. Because of a recent rash of measles in NY metro area I decided to have my immunity levels checked.. I'm 56 and sure enough my levels immunity level was extremely low..I got a fresh measles shot .. Why chance it ?

I had measles when I was a kid. I got to stay home from school for a whole week!

2 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

Measles  vaccine didn't become available until 1963. Good chance someone in their 60's and 70's got the measles and are immune. Because of a recent rash of measles in NY metro area I decided to have my immunity levels checked.. I'm 56 and sure enough my levels immunity level was extremely low..I got a fresh measles shot .. Why chance it ?

I am in my 40s and had to have my levels checked when starting a new job.  My levels were also low.  "Waning immunity" is what they called it, I believe.

I'm in my 60's.  The MMR vaccine wasn't available.  I had the measles.  They test immunity of women when you get pregnant and I had immunity.  It would be so difficult for most adults to come up with any verification of vaccines.

You would be surprised at how easy it is to get vaccine records.  I am almost 50 and got mine from my elementary school for my current job. 

11 hours ago, glrounds said:

Rumor or Thread-creator, one of the two.

Agree. I don’t understand people who like to stir the pot with outrageous “rumors”. 

51 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Agree. I don’t understand people who like to stir the pot with outrageous “rumors”. 

I agree but I did learn about getting immunity levels checked from this thread.

14 hours ago, jordanaire said:

A few months ago, there was a rumor that proof of measel shots would be required when checking in for your Carnival cruise. Has Carnival implemented this? Or was it just a rumor?  Thanks

When you see Measel Immunization Proofs being offered for sale on the Internet, this rumor will have converted to reality.

Think of how many people have lied on the self reporting health survey that's completed at check in.  Measels proof unfortunately will be subverted by similar characters.

18 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

I also had my levels checked before sailing from New York through a simple blood test and found out I was still immune.

11 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

You would be surprised at how easy it is to get vaccine records.  I am almost 50 and got mine from my elementary school for my current job. 

I went to 5 elementary schools in 4 states back in the '60s. We moved around so much and I don't even remember what those schools were called. Now I feel really old. lol

22 hours ago, GradUT said:

They didn't have measles vaccines when we were young, young.  I had the measles!

On 8/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, joepeka said:

When we boarded Legend late last month, there was absolutely nothing health-related asked of us upon check-in. I would put this one in the "rumor" column.

Nothing?  Not even if you had the flu like symptoms?! That is a little unsettling.  I mean, I know anyone who feels ill would lie on it anyway but they didn't even ask?

OP's question has  been answered. This isn't a thread about lying on health questionnaire