Cruise Critic Community
NYC2018

NCL Escape Thermal Suite For An Introvert?

Are the pool/hot tub/steam room/salt room/sauna social places? I am excited to try them all, but I’m not very good at small talk. Do people have conversations with others in these areas, or are they quiet spaces? Also, I don’t have a perfect body! For those who have experienced the Thermal Suite on the Escape, do you think a shy, self-continuous person like myself would feel comfortable or uncomfortable? Thanks! 

Just now, NYC2018 said:

Are the pool/hot tub/steam room/salt room/sauna social places? I am excited to try them all, but I’m not very good at small talk. Do people have conversations with others in these areas, or are they quiet spaces? Also, I don’t have a perfect body! For those who have experienced the Thermal Suite on the Escape, do you think a shy, self-continuous person like myself would feel comfortable or uncomfortable? Thanks! 

They're supposed to be quiet places, but all too often there's inappropriately loud talking. Low key talking is fine. We've never really socialized with people we don't know while we're there, nor is there any reason to. It's one of the best places on the ship if you don't want to talk to anyone else.

I’m a social butterfly that needs down time to recharge and the Thermal suites are perfect. Some chatty people but it’s easy to ignore. I usually sit in the saunas and then lounge in the pools. It gets too loud with all the water so talk very much. 

I think you will be fine.   It would be easy to use the whole spa without speaking to anyone else. You will find people of shapes and sizes never seen a super model though. I love the spas and the escape’s  is beautiful. Enjoy.

Yes, there may be people talking, sometimes loudly because the water features of the therapy pool are loud. They almost always will be talking amongst themselves and not interacting with strangers, so IMO the spa would be perfect for you.

The spa is the perfect place for an introvert, I go all the time by myself.  And no judgement there, there are people of all sizes.  You’ll love it.

I feel like I will enjoy the Thermal Suite now. Thank you all for your comments! 

4 hours ago, NYC2018 said:

There are a lot more not-Pretty People than pretty people in the spa. And for the most part, people keep to themselves. People go to enjoy the sauna, steam room, and hydrotherapy pool. And to just sit and relax on the loungers or hot stone loungers.

You will be perfectly fine. 

We would get there when it opened at 8 am and have the place mostly to ourselves.

I have gone solo to the thermal spa on two escape cruises. It is a great place to relax and bring a book. No one will be  judging you.