ezair flight cancelled

Booked 1st class via ezair at a great fare about 6 months ago for a Jan 2020 cruise. AA has now taken the original flight off the schedule. On the AA website they have moved us to another flight that is fine, but original flight still showing on the Princess personalizer. If I click on "modify flight" it gives me the message that the itinerary has changed and will updated shortly - but this has been the same now for 3 months without being updated on the personalizer!

When I look on EZair at the flights that AA has changed me to the Ezair price is double the price I paid originally. 

My question is, since they (Princess) technically haven't ticketed (paid for) it yet will they honor my original price for the flights AA assigned, or want me to pay the higher fare? I know if I had purchased the ticket from the airline directly that they would not raise the fare, but not sure how this will work for an Ezair flight not yet ticketed. Wondering what to expect before I call them. Thanks!

Check your personalizer, but very carefully.  Click Add or Modify flights, the price is on the upper right. Don't click anything, just back out using back button.  Whatever the price is there is what you will pay when it comes time to ticket.  My guess it is going to be your original price.  If it is not, it's time to talk to Princess and work it out.

The same thing happened to us a few years ago, except on Delta.  I had to call Princess to get them to update the EZ-Air system to show the new flights but otherwise everything was fine.  The original price was still honored.

We waited 3 months for a couple of reasons: 1) had a similar situation last year on another cruise where the original (ezair booked) flight changed and the connection was no longer valid. I called right away (several months before final payment) and all we could do was change airlines which resulted in a much higher airfare. Then before final payment the original airline had another schedule change with valid connection times. If we had just waited it out for awhile we would have been fine and they would have changed us to those flights, but since we changed airlines we were out of luck. Since it was closer to final payment airfares had gone up and were now significantly higher than what we booked at first and more than what we changed to.

2) wanted to see if the personalizer would catch up with AA. When it didn't over a period of time I began to wonder why and thought it might be because they are going to want more money!

Glad to hear from others that the original price was honored. Will call tomorrow, but wanted to see what others had experienced in a similar situation since last time it didn't work out so great.

Another thing I might have said was that we have flights sitting in Personalizer now that are not ticketed as yet and because I have been checking flights and fares, I do know the current fares are higher, but I my price is locked in.  

Before I had these round trip flights, I had booked a one-way departure flight that happened to be on AA.  Not long after, they had a schedule change and I did receive a notice from Princess and the Cruise Personalizer is also flagged in red.  So these new flights were terrible times and when I investigated on AA site, they had quite a few time changes.  I ended up cancelling the booking and then made a new one for both ways (two different airlines).  That is one of the beauties of EZ-Air Flexible fares.  I think you are fine, but of course it would be best to have Personalizer = AA website. 

PS - Don't need to get into the weeds, but I don't know why an airline would change a booking and result in an illegal connection time.  I think if I ever see this happen to us, I would inquire with the airline just to see what they say.

Edited by steelers36

Steelers, have had it happen many times over the years when booking FF tickets or through cruiseline far in advance that a change is made to an airline schedule (one leg of a trip) and suddenly your rebooked flight first leg is now arriving after your connection, or rebooked second leg leaving before you arrive (guess that is the same thing only different!). Agree they will not allow you to book an illegal connection initially, but once you are booked and schedule changes happen the computer can do wonky things.

We are seasoned travelers and usually book flights 1/3 on our own, 1/3 w FF and 1/3 with EZair based on what works best at the time. In the past we have gotten the red alert on the personalizer and an email when there is a flight change - but not this time. That has never happened, so why I posed the question here wondering if that "meant" anything. It should be fine since it is the same airline and I am willing to take the flight they changed us to - but if it isn't I will make sure to post back and let folks know.

5 hours ago, nbist said:

Steelers, have had it happen many times over the years when booking FF tickets or through cruiseline far in advance that a change is made to an airline schedule (one leg of a trip) and suddenly your rebooked flight first leg is now arriving after your connection, or rebooked second leg leaving before you arrive (guess that is the same thing only different!). Agree they will not allow you to book an illegal connection initially, but once you are booked and schedule changes happen the computer can do wonky things.

We are seasoned travelers and usually book flights 1/3 on our own, 1/3 w FF and 1/3 with EZair based on what works best at the time. In the past we have gotten the red alert on the personalizer and an email when there is a flight change - but not this time. That has never happened, so why I posed the question here wondering if that "meant" anything. It should be fine since it is the same airline and I am willing to take the flight they changed us to - but if it isn't I will make sure to post back and let folks know.

Appreciate reading your details and will keep in mind as "words-to-the-wise". 

This happened to my parents a few months ago. I was checking on their airline seats (in the United system) and noticed they had been moved to a different initial flight, but their connecting flight was still the original one, meaning they would land in their connecting city *after* the 2nd flight was scheduled to depart.  Since it was booked as a single itinerary, in theory the airline should have automatically re-booked the 2nd flight but for whatever reason, it didn't happen. It was after final payment but Princess hadn't yet purchased the tickets so when I called the airline directly, they weren't able to update it. 

After a frustrating phone call, where my TA had to call Princess, then they contacted the EZAir dept, they were able to get rescheduled on a set of flights that were acceptable, at no extra charge. It did take quite a while on hold though. 

18 hours ago, smf81 said:

The same thing happened to us a few years ago, except on Delta.  I had to call Princess to get them to update the EZ-Air system to show the new flights but otherwise everything was fine.  The original price was still honored.

This reflects our experience as well.  A quick call to Princesss and they were able to get the flight information updated and price was honored. 

My experiences have been the same as mentioned above -

* when a change is not posted a call will get it corrected

* I often get multiple changes before departure

* I check fares periodically.

* once the change resulted in too short of a layover and I switched to a diffferent airline.  Overall after rebooking two times on the anytime fare before final payment the cost was lower.

i have been a fan of ez air since my first cruise.  Our connecting flight to Vancouver was seriously delayed with about 40 passengers on the flight.  Princess held the ship, rushed us from the airport (including passengers that had not paid for a transfer) expedited customs ( I did not even realize we had gone through customs) bearded us into the wheelhouse for muster, and as soon as that was finished the ship left port.  That was my first experience with Princess and it has kept me as a loyal customer since.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, steelers36 said:

PS - Don't need to get into the weeds, but I don't know why an airline would change a booking and result in an illegal connection time.  I think if I ever see this happen to us, I would inquire with the airline just to see what they say.

I had the "privilege" of flying every week somewhere in the US and this happened to me frequently.  The computer changes the flights when a flight is canceled.  I watched my reservations on the airline website and would call them as soon as I saw the flights had been changed to ridiculous transfer times.  They would always change the flights to more practical times that I would agree with.  Now that I am retired and traveling I still check my flights all the time with the airline and frequently find out flight changes before EZair notifies me.  Just remember what the airline has listed is the actual flight information so don't trust the Princess website personalizer. 

One nice thing about EZair is that the ticket price cannot go up even if the price goes up.  If you want to see the price go into the personalizer for that cruise and look at the booking balance (usually last heading on right in personalizer) where the EZairfare will be listed along with the total amount of the cruise and payment date.  You do not have to go into the Travel Arrangements to see it. 

5 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I had the "privilege" of flying every week somewhere in the US and this happened to me frequently.  The computer changes the flights when a flight is canceled.  I watched my reservations on the airline website and would call them as soon as I saw the flights had been changed to ridiculous transfer times.  They would always change the flights to more practical times that I would agree with.  Now that I am retired and traveling I still check my flights all the time with the airline and frequently find out flight changes before EZair notifies me.  Just remember what the airline has listed is the actual flight information so don't trust the Princess website personalizer. 

One nice thing about EZair is that the ticket price cannot go up even if the price goes up.  If you want to see the price go into the personalizer for that cruise and look at the booking balance (usually last heading on right in personalizer) where the EZairfare will be listed along with the total amount of the cruise and payment date.  You do not have to go into the Travel Arrangements to see it. 

Hi.  Yes, I used to fly all the time when I was working (IT Consulting).  Luckily, I mostly had direct flights, but for sure some schedule changes can result in an undesirable time and I would make changes.  Just don't recall ever having an impossible cnxn time - just poor ones.  LOL.  Great post!

8 hours ago, satxdiver said:

If you want to see the price go into the personalizer for that cruise and look at the booking balance (usually last heading on right in personalizer) where the EZairfare will be listed along with the total amount of the cruise and payment date.  You do not have to go into the Travel Arrangements to see it. 

I'm thinking that you book direct with Princess.  That option is not there for those who book through a TA - we need to go into Travel Arrangements to see the fare we locked in.

46 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I'm thinking that you book direct with Princess.  That option is not there for those who book through a TA - we need to go into Travel Arrangements to see the fare we locked in.

Yes I book directly through Princess.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, Shelly97060 said:

This reflects our experience as well.  A quick call to Princesss and they were able to get the flight information updated and price was honored. 

The same thing happened to us for our upcoming Oct. 2019 voyage.  While I was on the phone with EZAir (you are on hold for a long time), they called Delta and got the personalizer worked out.