“Live” trip report with pics, Celebrity Constellation, Venice-Barcelona, 8/25-9/03

cl.klink

Venice. Approaching the People Mover.  I love this moment of a cruise as the excitement builds with the final approach to greeting the ship and boarding it!  That said, the People Mover seems not very worthwhile to me. It goes a very short distance after which there is a long walk to the pier. If I had to do it again, I’d skip it and use a (land) cab (which you can get from Piazzale Roma). The taxis take you right to the point where you drop luggage and enter the terminal; much more convenient. 

D9D1831A-1B57-49F8-A31D-51B0029AC105.jpeg

FEF5679C-05D2-4FF8-A973-1F171EDC5555.jpeg

Edited by cl.klink
  • Like 1

First glimpse of the Constellation! This is my ship!  It’s here for me!  

Special feeling, that first glimpse. 

These are such amazing places. The engineering, clever use of space, attention to human details. I really appreciate how much is done for me, before I ever take a cruise, to make the whole thing really likely to work well. It is the mode of travel that best focuses on the “being taken care of” feeling for a traveler. Connie was the only M class ship I’ve yet to sail. I have loved the others. Here we come!

17FD19A4-61E2-4408-9B39-79A616C867C3.jpeg

The bar area aft, behind the buffet. My favorite public area for hanging out. Our first drink of the cruise, armed with the upgraded premium beverage package. DW and me on left, with my cousin and her husband. 

A4F687C6-51CA-43E2-80A3-27FB8BFCECC1.jpeg

Edited by cl.klink

First night dinner, discounts at specialty restaurant, went to Tuscan Grill. I deliberately ordered pasta to compare to the superb pasta we’d had in Venice. It was pretty good (I’d still take Venice though). 

A31EC7B4-F8FD-44A2-8E47-34A30E1C54F5.jpeg

F736E6BB-6D80-4558-B9B5-F7C33CCC7A9F.jpeg

Ooooh, Zadar question... do you moor up alongside the sea organ, or at the new port to the east of town? Not quite been able to work it out, and seen conflicting information... The first picture kind of looks like it might be at the port out of town a little way?

18 hours ago, MCazer said:

This is wonderful!

We board October 1st at Civitavecchia and end in Venice. With a lot of the same stops.  

Thanks for being so descriptive!

Glad to have you following!

- Joel

• Thanks 1