Cruise Critic Community
cl.klink

“Live” trip report with pics, Celebrity Constellation, Venice-Barcelona, 8/25-9/03

35 minutes ago, hcat said:

We loved Valencia...could spend days there enjoying the old and esp the new!

Great review...thanks for your efforts bringing it to us!

Thanks for following!

- Joel

Our friends from the US just happened to be vacationing in Barcelona. They had rented a car in Paris and were in Barcelona. So, we arranged that they met us at ship. So nice and a totally serendipitous discovery a few days ago.  We had a nice visit and a terrific breakfast in a neighborhood eatery I found on TripAdvisor.  

1D50425B-341C-46AD-8484-EE803504E2BD.thumb.jpeg.19d01e2f135ea1d355c2895baecb43fc.jpeg

Nearby, apartments proudly flew the Catalan flag.

3835AF9E-670F-4FB6-9007-B9C0C1D296F6.thumb.jpeg.af1f5bfb0ce566ec9880799a4ec5e43e.jpeg

Our friends dropped us off at the airport where we followed an uneventful process to get to the gate to await flight home. 

D590D527-9256-4BC8-855B-C259705DE364.thumb.jpeg.8f05028370f119259051624d6c9c04ea.jpeg

- Joel

Economy is, alas, different than business class!

FEB29D6F-CC59-4944-AFDC-8C6838A169E3.thumb.jpeg.1073591944da397db3df67a0b667e0d8.jpeg

But, the method to my madness is that I do not want to sleep heading back to USA from Europe, so I’ll get back to the home time zone faster. 

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink

Fabulous review. Loved reading it and looking at the beautiful pictures! Hoping to do similar itinerary or at least "Malta" in it. Not sure which one it will be as looking for Spring 2021, and nothing released yet! 

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, newfiegirl4 said:

Fabulous review. Loved reading it and looking at the beautiful pictures! Hoping to do similar itinerary or at least "Malta" in it. Not sure which one it will be as looking for Spring 2021, and nothing released yet! 

Thanks again!

Thanks!

Changed planes in Chicago. Nightmarish but worked. 

05869B77-4019-4A36-9BAE-438D240D55A3.thumb.png.a838d7a0be6f45db477e20b3c28570c8.png

Home 

2C4EBE65-3AFA-48CD-8A74-5E9C1656F78E.thumb.png.f4de499ee46dcefdc2bd315d0b6dedfc.png

That’s it. Thanks for following. 

- Joel

Thanks Joel.

Our first port of call is Split but apart from that the itinerary is identical. You have certainly given us some ideas for places to visit.

Which cabin were you in?. We are in 6136 which is Concierge squeezed in amongst suites on deck 6. 

Regards.

John

3 hours ago, johnoli said:

Thanks Joel.

Our first port of call is Split but apart from that the itinerary is identical. You have certainly given us some ideas for places to visit.

Which cabin were you in?. We are in 6136 which is Concierge squeezed in amongst suites on deck 6. 

Regards.

John

We were 8115. 

Have a a great Time!

- Joel

Terrific review!!!!  Our Connie itinerary in 11/2019 is Venice to Rome, with stops in Croatia (3 ports), Montenegro, Malta, Sicily, Naples and Rome.  Loved your photos of the ports we will be in.  Thanks for a very entertaining review, and glad you arrived safely home!

11 hours ago, DENIE said:

Terrific review!!!!  Our Connie itinerary in 11/2019 is Venice to Rome, with stops in Croatia (3 ports), Montenegro, Malta, Sicily, Naples and Rome.  Loved your photos of the ports we will be in.  Thanks for a very entertaining review, and glad you arrived safely home!

My sister and I are on your cruise! See you on board...

On 9/1/2019 at 10:35 AM, cl.klink said:

We passed on patronizing this fine cafe

- Joel

2F7BE057-A185-4180-930D-FC958081E70A.thumb.jpeg.350c0516f564c90f25dde49bedd68fcc.jpeg

I took my daughter on a Med cruise for her graduation present.  3 days in London, 12 day cruise and 2 nights in Rome before return.  She would not "let" me step into any fast food restaurant, including Mac's House of Fine Beef.  In fact, in Venice I started in one, just wanted to look at the menu, and she pulled me out by the back of my pants! 🙂  

We haven't sailed Celebrity but maybe some day.  We feel like we are home boarding our Holland America Cruise, so I know the feeling.   Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us stuck on land!

11 hours ago, cruisecatmama said:

My sister and I are on your cruise! See you on board...

Cool!  My wife and I are traveling with dear friends who are first-time cruisers.  We are beyond excited!

Have loved reading your trip report and all your photos are beautiful!! You've whet my appetite for my Constellation cruise in a few months.

Your Sicily tour looks incredible! Do you have a link for Giuseppe? I'd love to contact him and book his tour for the day.

Glad you had a great trip!! 🙂

On 9/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, I Luv Crusin said:

I took my daughter on a Med cruise for her graduation present.  3 days in London, 12 day cruise and 2 nights in Rome before return.  She would not "let" me step into any fast food restaurant, including Mac's House of Fine Beef.  In fact, in Venice I started in one, just wanted to look at the menu, and she pulled me out by the back of my pants! 🙂  

We haven't sailed Celebrity but maybe some day.  We feel like we are home boarding our Holland America Cruise, so I know the feeling.   Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us stuck on land!

Thanks for following!

- Joel

On 9/6/2019 at 7:46 AM, maniii! said:

Have loved reading your trip report and all your photos are beautiful!! You've whet my appetite for my Constellation cruise in a few months.

Your Sicily tour looks incredible! Do you have a link for Giuseppe? I'd love to contact him and book his tour for the day.

Glad you had a great trip!! 🙂

The business is L.C.S. Di Giuseppe Leotta, and is under TripAdvisor. Highly recommend.

- Joel

2 hours ago, cl.klink said:

The business is L.C.S. Di Giuseppe Leotta, and is under TripAdvisor. Highly recommend.

- Joel

It looked incredible. Thanks for the info - I'll let Giuseppe know you recommended him!

Again, awesome trip report...thanks for sharing 🙂

1 hour ago, maniii! said:

It looked incredible. Thanks for the info - I'll let Giuseppe know you recommended him!

Again, awesome trip report...thanks for sharing 🙂

Have fun!

- Joel

I am on the November 8, 2019 Connie too. This will be my second time doing this itinerary. The first was 6 years ago in November and we got lucky with the weather. Hopefully that is the case this year. See you onboard cruisecatmomma and Denie!

And Joel, thanks for the great review!

Edited by ptrpanpens

1 hour ago, ptrpanpens said:

I am on the November 8, 2019 Connie too. This will be my second time doing this itinerary. The first was 6 years ago in November and we got lucky with the weather. Hopefully that is the case this year. See you onboard cruisecatmomma and Denie!

And Joel, thanks for the great review!

Hope you have a great time!

- Joel

Great review!  Linda and I also live in Columbia and love to cruise.