Norwegian Escape-best side/deck of ship for balcony to avoid smoke from smoking area

agcruise

Hi all,

We're booked for the Norwegian Escape to Bermuda in October. Excited! Just wondered if there is a preferred side of the ship. We're booked on a balcony on the starboard side on the 11th deck. In particular, I'm wondering if we have to worry about smelling smoke from our balcony as I think I read that the designated smoking area is on the starboard side. Also any recommendations for best deck? Thanks so much for any advice. First time Norwegian cruisers and feeling excited! 

Edited by agcruise

You're not going to smell smoke on your balcony unless they are smoking on the balconies below you.  I had this happen to me my last cruise.  I can't recall the Escape but there is a spot on the Getaway Waterfront where there is a smoking section.  This may also rise up to an 11th floor balcony but it would probably be dissipated by then.

2 hours ago, agcruise said:

Hi all,

We're booked for the Norwegian Escape to Bermuda in October. Excited! Just wondered if there is a preferred side of the ship. We're booked on a balcony on the starboard side on the 11th deck. In particular, I'm wondering if we have to worry about smelling smoke from our balcony as I think I read that the designated smoking area is on the starboard side. Also any recommendations for best deck? Thanks so much for any advice. First time Norwegian cruisers and feeling excited! 

We're booked on the Escape, in October, in a balcony room, on the starboard side, on the 11th deck too! I'm happy to read what RedwingHockeyFan wrote about not smelling smoke.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, worktocruise610 said:

There is no smoking on the Waterfront on the Escape. The only outdoor smoking areas are Spice H2O & the bar above the pool area. Both are on upper decks so you should be fine. Have a great cruise, the Escape is my favorite ship

I have seen others say that but I wonder as according to NCL website:  "On ships with The Waterfront, smoking is permitted on the starboard side excluding any food service areas."    https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/smoking

38 minutes ago, TenForward said:

I have seen others say that but I wonder as according to NCL website:  "On ships with The Waterfront, smoking is permitted on the starboard side excluding any food service areas."    https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/smoking

I read that also but after being on the Escape 2x I can assure you there is no smoking allowed on the waterfront