BINGO on the Grand Princess

SmilesYourWay

It’s been a while since I’ve been on a cruise. Before the bingo games were on one square push outs ( folding down the number). I’ve read they now have machines. Do they also have the paper you fold the numbers? Or do you have to have a dauber? Or do they have the cardboard type you slide a window to cover the number? 

It is no longer fun since you can get get tablets that will track more games than you can do manually. Anyone getting paper cards and a dauber will have a very low chance of winning.

Maybe the next step will have no one attending the drawing. You will just be notified what you won which be credited to your account.

• Like 1

There are four games of BINGO.  Each played on a separate board/face.  I stopped playing because of the tablets.  I thing the cost for paper was $20. for one face for each game, $30. for a strip of three faces for each game.  The tablets were maybe 40 or 50 dollars.  Now I hope some one else will correct me if I am wrong.

Yah it's just not as fun as the good old days of paper cards and daubers. And worst of all, on the Medallion ships they are saying that Bingo will become fully automated - as in no Bingo caller. People will just play it electronically somehow from anywhere on the ship. At least that's what they told us on the Crown this summer as it switched over to Medallions. I'd love to hear if this is true or not. If so, it would be sad and the end of Bingo as a long standing cruise tradition for my family. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geocruiser said:

There are four games of BINGO.  Each played on a separate board/face.  I stopped playing because of the tablets.  I thing the cost for paper was $20. for one face for each game, $30. for a strip of three faces for each game.  The tablets were maybe 40 or 50 dollars.  Now I hope some one else will correct me if I am wrong.

What!?! Am I understanding correctly? $20-$50 X 4? If I want to play all 4 games it will cost from $80 to $200?? How much are the payouts?

6 minutes ago, SmilesYourWay said:

What!?! Am I understanding correctly? $20-$50 X 4? If I want to play all 4 games it will cost from $80 to $200?? How much are the payouts?

NO, I wrote it wrong.  You get to play all four games for $20.  All four games for $30. all four games if you use a tablet for $50.  or more dollars.  That I don't know the price of.

The other problem is people with the tablets have so many games there are usually multiple winners. I won game 1 which was for $100 and only got $25. The tablet cost me $59.00. No fun anymore. After this being one of my favorite things, I am done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

The other problem is people with the tablets have so many games there are usually multiple winners. I won game 1 which was for $100 and only got $25. The tablet cost me $59.00. No fun anymore. After this being one of my favorite things, I am done. 

Bummer! I like playing bingo but don’t want to pay more to play than what I can win. It’s one thing to pay $60 for 10+ games. But 4 games that only pay $100 and probably have to split that...hmmm... probably not. I remember when lots of people would play. I betting that probably not so many now. ☹️