Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
vanreg

Restaurant Recommendation

Looking for a good restaurant recomendation for  a group of 14 with adults and teens?    We do have someone with a shellfish allergy and prefer someplace with outdoor seating near the water.  Thanks!

Well it depends on when they are there (some restaurants are re-opening soon, some are closing for shoulder season), and if lunch or dinner?

Some cruises depart later in the evening and that affords an opportunity to enjoy a nice dinner with a nice view into the evening.

If this group is just looking for a waterside lunch the Sunset Grille at the Secret Harbour Resort or the Caribbean Fish Market in Cowpet Bat/Elysian Beach are both great choices.

http://www.sunsetgrillevi.com/

http://www.caribbeanfishmarketvi.com/

I would  like to suggest Oceana in Frenchtown for a nice dinner but I understand they are in the process of re-opening and I don’t know the status...

https://www.oceanavi.com/

if you are looking for a nice evening dinner consider a hillside restaurant in Charlotte Amalie with a view of the harbor... Mafolie is one to consider...charming...

http://www.mafolie.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=places&utm_campaign=google_places_ms

LOVED the Sunset Grille sat at the bar all day, great burgers and nachos were incredible. Bet it's wonderful for dinner, nice staff, great views of Secret Harbour vibe super laid back. $5.50 a pop Stella's killed me!! 

Mafolie looks wonderful.

Btw there's the Shipwreck Cafe just above Havensight on the hillside in the shopping center on the end to your left. 

That place is beautiful, true Caribbean bar and restaurant. Close to the ship if it's ported at Havensight. 

Drinks are top shelf, bar is unbelievable food is all fresh made whatever you order  last time I had fresh spinach artichoke dip it was hot it was AWESOME SAUCE. 

Posted (edited)

vanreg, still looking for feedback from you to provide you useful info...

I did learn from the manager of Oceana they are hoping to open mid-September for lunch and dinner. That would be our choice if open...

Wherever you choose make reservations well ahead for your large group...

Edited by blue_water

We will be on the Sky Princess in April.  We have a late departure 10pm, so looking for dinner ideas.  Thank you!

Greengo’s Cantina

CFF23650-44C5-49A2-B558-530EAB4E5410.jpeg

C7DE3D39-2EE5-401E-A294-6B817AD96D28.jpeg

A34B8AED-D736-41C8-97AF-099E668AA3E8.jpeg

F02676E5-C9EF-486E-ADC7-E0FB2984F2DA.jpeg

85E35CAA-6657-4C8E-9F9F-23AA3AFAF802.jpeg

Oceana reopened and is getting great reviews. It's a gorgeous spot for dinner.

17 hours ago, vanreg said:

We will be on the Sky Princess in April.  We have a late departure 10pm, so looking for dinner ideas.  Thank you!

With that late departure Mafolie would be a great choice with the view...

4 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Oceana reopened and is getting great reviews. It's a gorgeous spot for dinner.

I just checked out the menu for Oceana that place is awesome, I have a genuine interest in going there. 

How far is my taxi ride from Havensight to Oceana?

Food and drink menu's were off the chain. 

This place is all me, appreciate your help. Todd

Yes Oceana would be our choice for a nice dinner by the water, it is a great spot and newly-renovated. Located in French Town just the other side of CA by taxi. Be sure to make reservations...

Vanreg, I think Fat Turtle would be a better choice for your group. It's on the water and pizza is on the menu. Within walking distance from Havensight. At Yacht Haven Grande. Anybody can tell you how to get there. Unless you have teens with sophisticated palates, Fat Turtle should be fine. Casual atmosphere and you save on taxi.

8 hours ago, blue_water said:

Yes Oceana would be our choice for a nice dinner by the water, it is a great spot and newly-renovated. Located in French Town just the other side of CA by taxi. Be sure to make reservations...

Gotcha........I'll make reservations. Thank you. Very Much.