Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dulcemariamar

Bad experience on the Breeze. Worried about lack of cleanliness

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not really, cheerleader vs a "real person".

LOL, only the bashing comments count?  Very funny.   I cruise CArnival all the time and do reviews....how about you?

Edited by jimbo5544

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can attest to time of year affecting cleanliness of a ship. The wife and I, being in San Diego, love popping up to Long Beach to take the three and four day cruises several times a year. While I have no proof and it's entirely anecdotal...I can say that when we take a cruise during the summer, it's hood-rat central with lots of kids. The ship is noticeably more dirty.

 

When we take the same cruise in October, November or December, it's much more of a cleaner experience.

 

But it's still a fun party and would take it over a Holland cruise anyday.

 

Regarding the staffing levels etc...was there a press release or something that Carnival shared? I had not heard anything regarding this. Never, on any Carnival cruise, have we noticed a decrease in staffing in regards to room stewards or dining staff. Service for both of those has always been excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, only the bashing comments count?  Very funny.   I cruise CArnival all the time and do reviews....how about you?

I find people who post negative experiences are posting because they really had that negative experience, where a person says immediately after the comment they have never seen any of that happening is a cheerleader.  Negative comments happen on all cruise lines, and if a person really opens their eyes, they can see it.  The cheerleader, of any cruise line will generally try to discredit the comments and they usually are very unsuccessful. So the bashing comment is more important than the sugar coated one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 7:20 AM, dulcemariamar said:

I dont think it is so competitive anymore the prices. Just looking at a 7 night cruise in February, Carnival Breeze is $599 and the brand new Princess Sky is 760. That is not a huge difference in pricing.

 

I actually think that is a lot more money... so 160 US is about 216 CDN... so for this Canadian that would mean an extra $432 CDN for two people... I'm sticking with Carnival lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I find people who post negative experiences are posting because they really had that negative experience, where a person says immediately after the comment they have never seen any of that happening is a cheerleader.  Negative comments happen on all cruise lines, and if a person really opens their eyes, they can see it.  The cheerleader, of any cruise line will generally try to discredit the comments and they usually are very unsuccessful. So the bashing comment is more important than the sugar coated one.

Well that is a view, I find people post about their experiences, some are negative and some are positive.  To say only the negative are valid is short sided to see the least.  As an example, I have recently sailed the Breeze and found nothing like the op mentioned.  Why I posted was an observation that two people on the same sailing of the same ship saw two different views of the ship.  It has nothing to do with people opening their eyes at least imho.  Some will find negative no matter what they see, some positive, it invalidates neither comment.  Cheerleader (as you call them) give their view.  Makes yours (we can call them bashers since you seem to like names calling) no less true than theirs is.  It is simply a view.....  I notice you seem to post more on Royal boards, do you sail Carnival, did you sail the Breeze?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

RRLLAL Not bashing Carnival just telling our experiences on Carnival ships, this is what the board is all about...just happens to be we got on a little bit of a different topic, after all, how are we suppose to communicate, we don't know one another to speak somewhere else but only here.

 

By the way, I have been on many Carnival cruises, many!

 

You haven't been on enough cruises like myself and many others here to have been on a "dirty cruise"...you only been on two carnival cruises since 2018....I don't see how you been lucky.  🤣

Edited by Cruisegirl6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off the Breeze two weeks ago. It was my third time and second time this summer. I cruise mostly solo so my cabin is always relatively kept clean. I did notice on this last cruise that there were area that are in need of attention. The bathrooms and windows primarily. I still like carnival because I mostly cruise because of casino deals but have noticed that the staff is just overworked and not enough of them from when I first started to cruise. (I have over 30 cruises on Carnival) Also there were 4700 people on this cruise which the CD kept reminding us so we would have patience getting on and off the boat at the ports. That is way too many people for this ship. I have been on the Magic a couple of times and have not noticed an overcrowding problem like I saw on the Breeze. That being said you know what you are getting with Carnival I still like the friendliness of the staff and workers. Much better then RC although I do like the newness and cleanliness of RC. I will still sail Carnival but would never pay full price. I would rather spend that amount on Oasis class ships on RC. There are over 6000 on the Oasis class ships and I have felt less crowded then I did on the Breeze recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not really, cheerleader vs a "real person".

 

 

LOLOL. Yea that’s it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

I find people who post negative experiences are posting because they really had that negative experience, where a person says immediately after the comment they have never seen any of that happening is a cheerleader.  Negative comments happen on all cruise lines, and if a person really opens their eyes, they can see it.  The cheerleader, of any cruise line will generally try to discredit the comments and they usually are very unsuccessful. So the bashing comment is more important than the sugar coated one.

Paying 3 star price but expecting a 5 star cruise experience is being unrealistic and hardly an objective comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I find people who post negative experiences are posting because they really had that negative experience, where a person says immediately after the comment they have never seen any of that happening is a cheerleader.  Negative comments happen on all cruise lines, and if a person really opens their eyes, they can see it.  The cheerleader, of any cruise line will generally try to discredit the comments and they usually are very unsuccessful. So the bashing comment is more important than the sugar coated one.

 

There are people here that bash a carnival cruise that were never on that cruise. It’s been proven. Fact. 

Edited by RRLLAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

RRLLAL Not bashing Carnival just telling our experiences on Carnival ships, this is what the board is all about...just happens to be we got on a little bit of a different topic, after all, how are we suppose to communicate, we don't know one another to speak somewhere else but only here.

 

By the way, I have been on many Carnival cruises, many!

 

You haven't been on enough cruises like myself and many others here to have been on a "dirty cruise"...you only been on two carnival cruises since 2018....I don't see how you been lucky.  🤣

 

Ive been on 16-17 cruises. And if you’re going to promote another cruise line maybe you should do it on their board and not the carnival one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not promoting another cruise line, I like to see the ad where I promoted another cruise line.  I am on other boards lol...oh by the way, you only been on 16 cruises since 1988....Most of us here have cruised Carnival many times within the past 5 years and have been on not so clean ships....  you only been on two cruises since 2018 and the last one you took on the Sunshine in May, 2019 and had to be clean she just got out of a dry dock on April 28, 2019!  😆  

 

Enjoy the Breeze.  One advice, if you like it cool in the stateroom bring a fan with you.

Edited by Cruisegirl6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

oh by the way, you only been on 16 cruises since 1988.

 

 

Where do you find this info? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I'm not promoting another cruise line, I like to see the ad where I promoted another cruise line.  I am on other boards lol...oh by the way, you only been on 16 cruises since 1988....Most of us here have cruised Carnival many times within the past 5 years and have been on not so clean ships....  you only been on two cruises since 2018 and the last one you took on the Sunshine in May, 2019 and had to be clean she just got out of a dry dock on April 28, 2019!  😆  

 

Enjoy the Breeze.  One advice, if you like it cool in the stateroom bring a fan with you.

 

Weak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, BNBR said:

 

It's undeniable that Carnival does not maintain their ships to the same standards as other lines. Covered in rust and stains. Just sailed Magic a couple months back, it was an ok cruise, but the maintenance of the ship left a lot to be desired.

Check out Princess.

Here's some nice pictures to whet your appetite:

 

www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/caribbean-princess-303/member-3/7498/

 

www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/caribbean-princess-303/member-3/15425/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

 We staying with RC and like to try Celebrity and back to Princess.

 

 

You should stick with Royal.

 

According to these reviews you'd be asking for trouble on Celebrity or Princess:

 

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=659851

 

The problems included toilets not flushing, internet service not working, TV's not working, a room Steward rearranging things daily that he had no business to be touching, rude and argumentative wait staff, rude shore excursion people, bartenders that were unwilling to change the channel to put on sports in the casino bar instead of news, comedians that were so bad that people were walking out in drothes, items on their daily itinerary never happening, inedible food, plastic items found in the food...... unfortunately the list just goes on and on.

 

www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/caribbean-princess-303/member-3/10016/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, dulcemariamar said:

I got back from the Breeze about 10 days ago. Overall, I am disappointed with the experience and I don't know if I was the only who felt the same. I have been on 6 cruises with them, my last one being the Elation last year.

 

First the positives so you can get the full picture.

1.) I had a truly delicious dinner in their Italian restaurant.

2.) Their sea brunch was yummy.

3.) I enjoyed most of the shows and the CD was great.

4.) The cabin was nice and I enjoyed the balcony.

5.) Dr Seus breakfast

 

Things that can use improvement 

1.) Dinner in the MDR. I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10.

2.) The kids club used to be great but there were way less activities for the kids. They used to have a lot of themed parties but now they are after 10 so you have to pay and anyway that is quite late for little ones.

3.) The Grand Turk beaches needed more TLC.

 

Things that were horrible

1.) The general upkeep of the ship. In the MDR, so many chairs and carpets were really badly stained. It took away from the experience. There was so much pealing paint and rust around the ship.

2.)The awful smells around the ship. It was either sewage or smelled like mildew. they would then spray perfume over the bad smell but it was so overwhelming that they had to use my asthma meds to breathe.

3.) The ship was just plain dirty. The public bathrooms were dirty a lot and my husband found many bathrooms without soap (we like to actually wash our hands with soap for eating so we weren't using the toilet facilities) On other cruise lines you have sinks with soap next to the buffet and/or have crew members at the entrance of the buffet at least encouraging people to clean their hands. This was not the case on the Breeze. People would leave their trash everywhere including the stairs. I saw very few members of the crew cleaning.

 

Has anyone have a similar experience with cleanliness or bad smells lately on this boat or on another ship?

Just got off a few days ago and I agree with everything you said! I thought it was going to be a hair nicer than the Dream and Magic because of the age but it was by far the worst in that class.

The Italian restaurant was amazing and the Seafood restaurant Also. Didn't expect it to be the Vista but dam sure didn't expect a larger Inspiration or Legend. Back to Miami next year for Horizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Cruisecritic, and here I thought all opinions counted, now I read you only count when you get on most of the ships.....really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coevan hello, in his signature.

 

AdguyMg-  Yes, we are booked on three maybe soon to be four cruises on RC for the next 8 months, but if I do go Princess, it only be on their newer ships, Sky Princess which is brand new, Regal or Royal Princess. I am really interested in the brand new Sky Princess.

I cannot click on those links but I wouldn't go on the Caribbean Princess....too old and too small.

 

 My sister/brother in law also travel on Celebrity it is their favorite, they are going back on the Edge for Thanksgiving and going on the Equinox next saturday.  They send me photos and tell me all about the ship.

 

RRLLAL- look above another past passenger agreeing what the OP says, guess you find out yourself when you go in October.  The link you gave above says EXPIRED lol

 

Jimbo5544- Not true, you didn't understand my answer and why I said that....RRLLAL stated he/she never went on a dirty ship and were speaking about Carnival here, he only went on the Pride back in 2018 and the Sunshine which got right out dry dock this year, he cannot make a statement like that without being on another carnival cruise or two.  Carnival surely is diminishing in its service as well as the cleanliness in the ships in the past year or so.  Maybe when he/she goes off the Breeze he understand what us past passengers that been on the Breeze actually experienced.  It was too premature for that person to make that statement.  By the way, your an avid cruiser like I am, I read your signature, happy cruises!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am invested in alot of posts, I love cruising been on so many cruises, I love to read all good and the bad, this way I can plan my next cruise accordingly.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is Breeze due for a dry dock?  Maybe they figure why clean it if they are going to chuck it in a few months.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Breeze was last in dry dock in April 2017, she won't be going back until 2022.  Every 5 years generally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Coevan hello, in his signature.

 

AdguyMg-  Yes, we are booked on three maybe soon to be four cruises on RC for the next 8 months, but if I do go Princess, it only be on their newer ships, Sky Princess which is brand new, Regal or Royal Princess. I am really interested in the brand new Sky Princess.

I cannot click on those links but I wouldn't go on the Caribbean Princess....too old and too small.

 

 My sister/brother in law also travel on Celebrity it is their favorite, they are going back on the Edge for Thanksgiving and going on the Equinox next saturday.  They send me photos and tell me all about the ship.

 

RRLLAL- look above another past passenger agreeing what the OP says, guess you find out yourself when you go in October.  The link you gave above says EXPIRED lol

 

Jimbo5544- Not true, you didn't understand my answer and why I said that....RRLLAL stated he/she never went on a dirty ship and were speaking about Carnival here, he only went on the Pride back in 2018 and the Sunshine which got right out dry dock this year, he cannot make a statement like that without being on another carnival cruise or two.  Carnival surely is diminishing in its service as well as the cleanliness in the ships in the past year or so.  Maybe when he/she goes off the Breeze he understand what us past passengers that been on the Breeze actually experienced.  It was too premature for that person to make that statement.  By the way, your an avid cruiser like I am, I read your signature, happy cruises!

 

 

Give me a break with this cruise count crap. You’re arrogance is noted. I’m sure the number of cruises I’ve been on and two cruises in the last year is as many and probably more than most people. You act like everyone has gone on many more. You don’t even know what ship I just cruised on as you’ve misnamed it twice. 

Edited by RRLLAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...