Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dulcemariamar

Bad experience on the Breeze. Worried about lack of cleanliness

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I have never been on the Breeze but I have been on almost 10 Carnival ships - rust and discoloration is an issue on most of them with some more than others. You will see some painting being done on the ships but it seems that Carnival may have a tough time keeping up. I have seen the royal ships in port and have cruised on two of them and I don't think they have as much of an issue - or maybe we are just blown away by some the size and grandness of some of them. I marvel at the hull's of the Norwegian ship with the artistic signatures as they are always looking clean and freshly painted. The ships outside is the first thing you see when you get on and at the ports. If they look rusted and aged it doesn't make for a good first impression.

 

Regardless of that there is more action on the Carnival boards with people "being critical of cleanliness" than on the others. Not sure what the reason is but it does seem to be an issue that Carnival could do a better job of. There are people who defend the brand no matter what, I am not sure if they just love the company so much it personally hurts them to have bad things written, or they work for the company. Whatever the reason I believe the energies should be focused toward Carnival to do a better job.

 

Below is a picture of the Carnival Sunrise from my August cruise and Royal Freedom of the Seas from My July cruise. Both are from on of the back sides of the ship. 

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

🙄and there are people who just complain no matter what and don’t seem satisfied that some people don’t share their negative sentiments regarding Carnival. This is really a ridiculous post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

LOL. All ships rust. They cruise in salt water. It’s a matter of timing because when they can, each one gets repainted only to rust again at some point. Go over to the RCL board and search on rust. You’ll see several threads posting the same silliness that their ships are rusting. 

Please post so everyone can enjoy - I personally have not seen the rust on their ships but I have on carnival. 

 

You can can continue to “hear no evil and see no evil” - it doesn’t effect me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

🙄and there are people who just complain no matter what and don’t seem satisfied that some people don’t share their negative sentiments regarding Carnival. This is really a ridiculous post.

No not sure what’s ridiculous - it’s what people see when they look at the ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Please post so everyone can enjoy - I personally have not seen the rust on their ships but I have on carnival. 

 

You can can continue to “hear no evil and see no evil” - it doesn’t effect me. 

 

LOLOL. I have previously. You just ignore facts. Keep thinking RCL cruises in fresh waters just like you think a carnival cruise sails with every Pullman bed and couch filled in every cabin. LOLOL.

 

You might learn to search too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RRLLAL said:

 

LOLOL. I have previously. You just ignore facts. Keep thinking RCL cruises in fresh waters just like you think a carnival cruise sails with every Pullman bed and couch filled in every cabin. LOLOL.

 

You might learn to search too. 

Is that the video?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing is you are not denying any of the negativity - you are saying that it’s just as bad somewhere else (which it isn’t) and you have a video to prove it. Like you have a video on THE ALL new Carnival Sunrise which is not so new and is rusty (along with other issues - and it just had $200 million pumped into it 4 months ago). 

 

Maybe there is an issue that Carnival should address and the negative posts will stop or become less frequent. I love your posts and how passionate you are for Carnival.

 

We are not all like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

The funny thing is you are not denying any of the negativity - you are saying that it’s just as bad somewhere else (which it isn’t) and you have a video to prove it. Like you have a video on THE ALL new Carnival Sunrise which is not so new and is rusty (along with other issues - and it just had $200 million pumped into it 4 months ago). 

 

Maybe there is an issue that Carnival should address and the negative posts will stop or become less frequent. I love your posts and how passionate you are for Carnival.

 

We are not all like that!

 

Clueless. I have no idea what video about rust you are talking about. And I respond to your posts like a do with a few other posters because they are laughable. You post two pictures one with rust and one without and act like it proves something. You were clueless on what was added to the sunrise and you were clueless on how many people were on it. LOLOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you are misinformed - I would laugh back but it’s too hard to laugh at tour misinformation. 

 

I seem to have seen seen pictures of other ships posted here with rust noticeable on them.I have all the other ships with more examples in pictures but my family is in them and I don’t post pictures of my family on social media. 

 

My two pictures are just further examples of what has been discussed here for the past 6 pages. Maybe go back and read the posts and you will see what people have wrote and the pictures they have posted. 

 

I was on Sunrise and saw what they added. They added so much there is no room for the many hordes of people who they are putting on it. Maybe I would have enjoyed the ship more if I had some space around me - but we are talking about the Breeze and it’s lack of cleanliness which maybe you can show a video of a royal ship that is probably equally is bad (if you can find that video also).

 

It must just be a pattern that only certain people can see as the in the book about the Emperor and his special clothes only smart people can see. The pictures are only visible to people who are critical of cleanliness. The smells are only be sensed by those who have critical noses and the dirt and plates can only be seen by those who are food critics. I see the pattern of all the “critical people”! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Sorry you are misinformed - I would laugh back but it’s too hard to laugh at tour misinformation. 

 

I seem to have seen seen pictures of other ships posted here with rust noticeable on them.I have all the other ships with more examples in pictures but my family is in them and I don’t post pictures of my family on social media. 

 

My two pictures are just further examples of what has been discussed here for the past 6 pages. Maybe go back and read the posts and you will see what people have wrote and the pictures they have posted. 

 

I was on Sunrise and saw what they added. They added so much there is no room for the many hordes of people who they are putting on it. Maybe I would have enjoyed the ship more if I had some space around me - but we are talking about the Breeze and it’s lack of cleanliness which maybe you can show a video of a royal ship that is probably equally is bad (if you can find that video also).

 

It must just be a pattern that only certain people can see as the in the book about the Emperor and his special clothes only smart people can see. The pictures are only visible to people who are critical of cleanliness. The smells are only be sensed by those who have critical noses and the dirt and plates can only be seen by those who are food critics. I see the pattern of all the “critical people”! 

 

You are quite funny. Clueless too if you think only carnival ships rust in sea water. And yes there are pics and reviews by loyal royals complaining about rust. Why is it you think only certain ships rust in salt water? That’s whats funny, is your complete lack of common sense because you have a picture. Just like your lack of common sense about how many people are on a ship. As to videos, like the one I did post about all the upgrades on the sunrise, everyone I know love the adds. But that’s because they are people who enjoy having fun and don’t look for every little negative. My advice to you would be to stay on RCL but don’t get any pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

You are quite funny. Clueless too if you think only carnival ships rust in sea water. And yes there are pics and reviews by loyal royals complaining about rust. Why is it you think only certain ships rust in salt water? That’s whats funny, is your complete lack of common sense because you have a picture. Just like your lack of common sense about how many people are on a ship. As to videos, like the one I did post about all the upgrades on the sunrise, everyone I know love the adds. But that’s because they are people who enjoy having fun and don’t look for every little negative. My advice to you would be to stay on RCL but don’t get any pics. 

I appreciate the fact you are calling me names as it is evident I have struck a nerve. You are spending more time digging at me than refuting the facts - which is what you do to most people who refute your beloved Carnival. 

 

Again they added great stuff but your video is without people. When they put the 4000 people on it you cannot see all the great stuff hiding behind the rust of the ship. 

 

You were the one who said there is a video about rusting on Royal. I just added a picture. You seem to have a good business plan for Carnival by telling people to go to other cruise lines. It’s a shame - some us us actually loved carnival when they cared about their product. They seem to not care as much anymore. 

 

Don't get upset at me get upset at the product. I will cruise where I want to spend my money but thanks for your advice. I have been on carnival 14 times and Royal twice if you read my signature. I am sure I am the customer carnival wants to drive away.

 

We are all the clueless, laughable and misinformed. Okay🤣

 

With posters such as yourself - Carnival doesn’t even have to try to do anything because as just putting out a floating raft would be unreal and mind blowing! The video would be titled the first of its kind - the Carnival Floater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I appreciate the fact you are calling me names as it is evident I have struck a nerve. You are spending more time digging at me than refuting the facts - which is what you do to most people who refute your beloved Carnival. 

 

Again they added great stuff but your video is without people. When they put the 4000 people on it you cannot see all the great stuff hiding behind the rust of the ship. 

 

You were the one who said there is a video about rusting on Royal. I just added a picture. You seem to have a good business plan for Carnival by telling people to go to other cruise lines. It’s a shame - some us us actually loved carnival when they cared about their product. They seem to not care as much anymore. 

 

Don't get upset at me get upset at the product. I will cruise where I want to spend my money but thanks for your advice. I have been on carnival 14 times and Royal twice if you read my signature. I am sure I am the customer carnival wants to drive away.

 

We are all the clueless, laughable and misinformed. Okay🤣

 

With posters such as yourself - Carnival doesn’t even have to try to do anything because as just putting out a floating raft would be unreal and mind blowing! The video would be titled the first of its kind - the Carnival Floater. 

 

You are so lost you’re now all over the place. Where did I say anything about a video about rust? Now you’re up to 4000 on the sunrise? LOLOL. You’re a piece of work. And carnival doesn’t need haters. They cruise full without them. Why do you think only carnival ships cruise in salt water? LOLOL. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry - what does this have to do with the cleanliness of the carnival Breeze?

 

People don’t want to read this - if they want to see a reviews of a different ships including the Sunrise they can read them. They all read about the same. 

 

Unfortunately it’s evident the quality of product on Carnival is not where it should be and maybe they care or maybe they don’t. For a good price Carnival is a good vacation - no frills but fun. If you are paying - and prices are many times are similar - you will find something (maybe better - you can judge for yourself) or different in the other lines. 

 

Enjoy your cruising where-ever you sail and with who-ever you sail. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 2:56 PM, RRLLAL said:

 

so did you read the rcl review I posted about the rust? did you go to the rcl site and search for rust and see that there are several ships that show rust? I guess you wont be sailing them anymore.

Sorry you are correct - not a video but you referenced a post about rust on Royal on pictures someone posted with rust all over the carnival magic and a fantasy class ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I’m sorry - what does this have to do with the cleanliness of the carnival Breeze?

 

People don’t want to read this - if they want to see a reviews of a different ships including the Sunrise they can read them. They all read about the same. 

 

Unfortunately it’s evident the quality of product on Carnival is not where it should be and maybe they care or maybe they don’t. For a good price Carnival is a good vacation - no frills but fun. If you are paying - and prices are many times are similar - you will find something (maybe better - you can judge for yourself) or different in the other lines. 

 

Enjoy your cruising where-ever you sail and with who-ever you sail. 

 

 

 

You’re the one all over the map. I’m just responding to it. And you still haven’t answered after several attempts as to why you think other cruise lines sail in fresh water and don’t rust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not seen rust on on the other ships like I have seen on carnival. Maybe they do a better job at covering it than carnival. They all rust but you don’t see it as much. I said that in my first post. Have you ever seen rust on the hall of a Norwegian ship with its art??? I have not. The Sunrise was just in dry dock and repainted. Why all the rust?? 

I am not interested in debating this farther. People can see for themselves and if you have cruised long enough you’ve seen many ships and which have rust or may look neglected and which don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a different note, we just watched four different comedy shows tonight and feel like we hit the jackpot with comedians.  The comedians on our Magic cruise in June weren't that great, so we were due.  LOL.  Anyway, if any of you guys have the pleasure of seeing a comedian named Manny, you are in for a treat!  This is turning into one of our best cruises.  The CD is a good one.  Anyway, I think it just shows that some of the things that matter to one person or that one person experiences do not mean that another person will have the same experience.

As far as the smell, maybe it exists on other decks, but it's not on deck 10.  I don't see dirty things everywhere I look.  The passengers are a bit more mellow than the summer crowds, which is why September is my favorite month to cruise.  I definitely think if people cruise on a ship and are really bothered by a lot of things, then choosing another ship or even cruise line is in order.  For me, I am having a great time.  

Edited by TNcruising02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

On a different note, we just watched four different comedy shows tonight and feel like we hit the jackpot with comedians.  The comedians on our Magic cruise in June weren't that great, so we were due.  LOL.  Anyway, if any of you guys have the pleasure of seeing a comedian name Manny, you are in for a treat!  This is turning into one of our best cruises.  The CD is a good one.  Anyway, I think it just shows that some of the things that matter to one person or that one person experiences do not mean that another person will have the same experience.

As far as the smell, maybe it exists on other decks, but it's not on deck 10.  I don't see dirty things everywhere I look.  The passengers are a bit more mellow than the summer crowds, which is why September is my favorite month to cruise.  I definitely think if people cruise on a ship and are really bothered by a lot of things, then choosing another ship or even cruise line is in order.  For me, I am having a great time.  

Good to hear the bashing was getting boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I have not seen rust on on the other ships like I have seen on carnival. Maybe they do a better job at covering it than carnival. They all rust but you don’t see it as much. I said that in my first post. Have you ever seen rust on the hall of a Norwegian ship with its art??? I have not. The Sunrise was just in dry dock and repainted. Why all the rust?? 

I am not interested in debating this farther. People can see for themselves and if you have cruised long enough you’ve seen many ships and which have rust or may look neglected and which don’t. 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

👍🏻

 

Perfect. Thanks for the research. Seems like Carnival has nothing to worry about! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

👍🏻

 

Perfect. Thanks for the research. Seems like Carnival has nothing to worry about! 

 

You’re right, they have nothing to worry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RRLLAL said:

 

You’re right, they have nothing to worry about. 

 

Lets not get carried away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

 

Lets not get carried away. 

 

Not getting carried away. For years here the demise of carnival has been pushed by haters. Never changes a thing and never will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RRLLAL said:

 

Not getting carried away. For years here the demise of carnival has been pushed by haters. Never changes a thing and never will. 

This is a bit much - your opinion. 

 

Nobody here is pushing demise. They are not haters. They are critics and they have paid for something - they are just asking for improvement. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...