Jump to content

Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...


Recommended Posts

Yes! Looking forward to following along - I'll be home for the start of your trip but will be in Jamaica when you return so a good way for me to pass the days by! 🙂

 

Congrats to Owen! How does he manage all these sports? Amazing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to following along your adventures. Love the pictures.That's great seeing your son have the time of his life. We did not cruise for 18 years so that we could spend time with my son's baseball career and other interests. Now that he is at college, it's our time. Lucy looks like a sweetheart.Have a great time and I will live vicariously through your travels.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband, 15 year old son and I will be sailing with you! We are packed and ready for our Southwest flight later today. We always fly in the day before.Looking toward to an awesome cruise...

 

This is Oreo.

stj1b5DTTqiTNXzcP8TSpw.jpg

Edited by rettstrunk
time error
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

 

<unsubscribe>

 

 

You’ll be back, even just to say they lost.😉

 

6 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

 

Highly recommend Dead to Me

 

 

 

All let Lisa know. 

 

6 hours ago, Virtopia said:

Yes! Looking forward to following along - I'll be home for the start of your trip but will be in Jamaica when you return so a good way for me to pass the days by! 🙂

 

Congrats to Owen! How does he manage all these sports? Amazing!

 

Have a pattie for me, or maybe 2 or 3.  As for Owen, you could only imagine what the iPad calendar looks like. He also played a few games up (4) for the under 14 soccer team.  

 

Lisa is the organizer.  If June could get 100 kids on a flight to Canada you could only imagine the skills it would be to get Owen and I on a flight. 😉

 

4 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Looking forward to following along your adventures. Love the pictures.That's great seeing your son have the time of his life. We did not cruise for 18 years so that we could spend time with my son's baseball career and other interests. Now that he is at college, it's our time. Lucy looks like a sweetheart.Have a great time and I will live vicariously through your travels.

 

That’s awesome, well not the 28 years of no cruises part. 😉  These are the days that we will never forget, as you have just attested to. We would not miss them for the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rettstrunk said:

My husband, 15 year old son and I will be sailing with you! We are packed and ready for our Southwest flight later today. We always fly in the day before.Looking toward to an awesome cruise...

 

This is Oreo.

 

 

Safe travels to the ship. MMMM, Oreos and milk,  I’m getting hungry. 

 

Does she even acknowledge that you are leaving?  Lucy is an outside cat so the suitcases don’t set her off, but folks with dogs say it’s bad.  I figure cats be like, “whatever”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

 

Safe travels to the ship. MMMM, Oreos and milk,  I’m getting hungry. 

 

Does she even acknowledge that you are leaving?  Lucy is an outside cat so the suitcases don’t set her off, but folks with dogs say it’s bad.  I figure cats be like, “whatever”.

She was an adopted feral so she is pretty independent.  As long as her food and water bowls are full, she is oblivious.  She likes to meander as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kathimac123 said:

This is great!  I've been following John and Laura for the past couple of weeks.  Now, it's time for a new Andrew review.  When you get back, it'll only be 21 days until we board Harmony!  Thanks for making the time fly!

 

I'll probably finish mine about the time Andrew finishes this. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, rettstrunk said:

She was an adopted feral so she is pretty independent.  As long as her food and water bowls are full, she is oblivious.  She likes to meander as well.

 

You have a Good kitty.  Lucy’s longest road trip was 3 weeks so we usually don’t worry if she’s been gone a few days. Typically she goes to our neighbors, to where she was born and visits the ponies.

 

After she was at our farm for a few months we got her fixed. No need for extra kitties around here. It doesn’t need to look Bubbles shed.😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

So that’s really it for now. Currently sipping a coffee with my feet kicked up.

 

We’re leaving in 30 minutes for the local London airport with a connecting flight to Toronto. We then fly down to Orlando. Cruising from Port Canaveral is a first for us, but the price couldn’t be beat.  It was half the price of cruising out of Fort Lauderdale on Allure, and a third of the price to cruising out of Miami on Symphony for the same cabin.  Really, it was a no brainer.

 

The mail has been stopped. The water to the house will soon be shut off. Lucy has extra food and water, and Grandma Sharon to tend to her daily needs.  Palm leaves are pre-paired for the personal fanning.  It’s almost time to say good bye to home and hit the highway. 

 

Catch up with you all in a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just thinking this morning it’s got to be about time for another Andrew live report. Then I was thinking maybe you were skipping blogging a cruise this time. 

 

Thanks for bringing us along! I’ll live through your live report, I’m skipping out doing a live report for my cruise on Harmony in a few weeks.😀

Edited by MrFunInTheSun
Link to post
Share on other sites

So thankful to find your live thread as John’s cruise is wrapping up!

 

I thought I was going to have to wallow around the next two weeks before our trip begins.  😂

 

Now for someone to start a live thread next weekend. Yorkvillian?

 

Anybody?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every Canadian road trip starts at

 

image.thumb.jpg.b9341c4ebef610612e5db2fc404c30fd.jpg

 

Checked in, and having a snack. We won’t see our luggage till we live arrive in Orlando.

 

The 20 minute drive here is a lot better than the 2 1/2 hour drive to Detroit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andrew! Looking forward to following along. I've been quietly reading your live reviews for the past year as my family and I were preparing for our first Royal Caribbean cruise. They really helped sell us on the experience! We just got back last week so this review will help beat those post-cruise blues. Also nice to see neighbours here on CC! We're in north London 🙂 

 

Have a great time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe travels Andrew and an amazing cruise!  We'll be on Navigator while you're on Harmony, but I look forward to reading your report when we get back.  Cruising the last week int he summer before kids return to school, is a great tradition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I'll probably finish mine about the time Andrew finishes this. 🤣

Nothing wrong with 2 at once, or 3 at once depending on when Twangster decides to stay on dry land.

 

Looking forward to this Andrew!

Edited by bobmacliberty
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, spacepotatoes said:

Hi Andrew! Looking forward to following along. I've been quietly reading your live reviews for the past year as my family and I were preparing for our first Royal Caribbean cruise. They really helped sell us on the experience! We just got back last week so this review will help beat those post-cruise blues. Also nice to see neighbours here on CC! We're in north London 🙂 

 

Have a great time!

 

Welcome home to this cooler than normal weather. This next photo will make you feel at home. I also hope you enjoyed your cruise. We are about 20 minutes north of the airport. We should have waved on our way by. 

 

So the London International Airport has doubled over the last 10 years or so. It’s gone from 4 gates to 8. LOL. Free wifi, but a little slow. 

 

Celebrity Cruise Lines has a flight charter cruise package out of here for the last 3 years in February to April. It’s one price for your entire cruise with direct airfare, a drink package and a specialty meal included.  They cover your parking and include a winter coat check as well. It really isn’t that much more and so convenient. It’s a great deal.

 

Some have Lisa’s relatives have done it multiple times.  

 

This is half of the entire seating area, to give a scale of it’s size.  

 

image.thumb.jpg.050f4a6bcad9fb1ab1eb4ab63c4e7c99.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont
Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe travels.

 

Having read this thread and taking notes, I am going to post my questions here now so when you are waiting in airports today you may already know the answers, or you could answer in your summary.

 

We will be doing the Harmony twice next year (  😞  to long of a wait ), (but probably so worth it   🙂 ) so if I may ask--

 

1.  What means of transportation are you using to get from MCO to port?

2.  I can understand if you do not want to answer the next question but I will ask, where are you staying at port?

3.  How will you get back to MCO?

 

Thanks again.

 

Safe travels.

 

 

 

We have not sailed out of here since we sailed Freedom, in 2012 and stayed at the Raddison and used a private car for transfer................and I am sure things have changed.

 

TY

Edited by Lionesss
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Safe travels.

 

Having read this thread and taking notes, I am going to post my questions here now so when you are waiting in airports today you may already know the answers, or you could answer in your summary.

 

We will be doing the Harmony twice next year (  😞  to long of a wait ), (but probably so worth it   🙂 ) so if I may ask--

 

1.  What means of transportation are you using to get from MCO to port?

2.  I can understand if you do not want to answer the next question but I will ask, where are you staying at port?

3.  How will you get back to MCO?

 

Thanks again.

 

Safe travels.

 

 

 

We have not sailed out of here since we sailed Freedom, in 2012 and stayed at the Raddison and used a private car for transfer................and I am sure things have changed.

 

TY

 

 

The answers will be revealed through the next 24 hours.

 

As for the return trip here is your answer.... we are going to throw out the 👍 at the port gate and hitch a lift and if that doesn’t work I’ll try showing a little 🦵

 

Mine are not as good as your possible future son-in-law, but it should at least get us in the bed of a pick-up. Should be no issue making a noon flight. LOL

Edited by A&L_Ont
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thanks ahead of time..........

 

Also, good luck on your window finger designs, I hope the glass is foggy on the inside to make it more entertaining..

 

Safe travels.

 

Hot breath. Either that, or a kid with a snotty nose. LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Clarea changed the title to Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...