Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

Holy Moly! Just realized that you were posting...I HAD TO catch up on 23 pages!!! LOL Thank you for doing your usual wonderful review. Hopefully you can sneak back before the storm hits but it is sounding like you might get an extra day or two. Nothing like hurricane season in the Caribbean to throw a curve ball! Hope you have wonderful sunny weather the next two days so you can enjoy the rest of the cruise.

15 minutes ago, SailorMan98 said:

Did they mention anything about the Hurricane yet and returning to Florida?

There’s a hurricane? 😉 That’s what some will be asking. 

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

What..Is that the key card entry point for the ship to Port Canaveral on Sunday?

..too soon?

That Key might not be coded for entry until

Tuesday.  I doubt we will get a chance to use it Sunday. 

Edit to add:  I really feel for the people who are on land wondering what will happen for them. It’s mother nature who is not making this fun for everybody. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

Mission 2.0 accomplished. 

Two Cold Cokes in my honour. Bartender said I deserved them. 

319A88B4-4367-4575-9D3B-FE25ACEACFC5.thumb.jpeg.64406665f497db4791ed29effa1c1a32.jpeg

Never watched so much weather channel I’m my live. I need a camera crew so I can report live from the decks of Harmony if the Seas. 

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There’s a hurricane? 😉 That’s what some will be asking. 

Can you confirm that the captain announced that you would more than likely be staying out an extra day?

I am set to sail on Sunday, but I don't even know if I want to go, I should be at home to clean up after the storm.

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Edit to add:  I really feel for the people who are on land wondering what will happen for them. It’s mother nature who is not making this fun for everybody. 

Speaking as someone who lived through the three storms in 2004 (and a few close calls before that), it sucks.

30 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

Can you confirm that the captain announced that you would more than likely be staying out an extra day?

I am set to sail on Sunday, but I don't even know if I want to go, I should be at home to clean up after the storm.

Nothing has officially been announced by the Captain. Yesterday he made specific announcement about the storm and that the company and he will be making a decision later today or tomorrow. 

In my opinion, he was putting out that balloon just to make sure everyone aware of the fact that things could be changing on Sunday.  When we find out more I will post. 

Let’s put it this way, we sent out all of our dirty laundry today. That we’ve have enough clean clothes for a few more days at sea or waiting at the Orlando airport. I see us being “stuck” at either spot, unless Mother Nature turns the proverbial tides in our favour. 

Just saw that someone on our roll call said that Captain Johnny made an announcement at 3pm that a decision will be made tomorrow. We were headed back to the ship then. 

Whatever the the situation I am wishing the best to all of those trying decide what to do, while waiting for official word. Especially those living in the path of the storm. As much as I joke, I can’t express that enough. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
2 hours ago, island lady said:

The ships don't have a clue on how to cook good grits.  Nasty stuff.  This southern girl knows how to cook them.  I don't skimp by using the instant stuff either.  Put love into your grits...you get love in return.  😉 

Shrimp and grits they way the restaurants do them in Charleston SC...oh yeah!!  Wonderful!  🙂  

Yes, Charleston Shrimp and Grits... super yummy.   I was in college in Charleston when I got addicted to shrimp & grits. 
I'm just saying some of those from the north might not find them so repulsive if they had some really good ones cooked by a fine southern cook, especially with some shrimp. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

...but boy does that fresh apple crisp I just took out of the oven smell good.  Bring on the ice cream!  

and your sense of humor!  😉 

Two questions.

Are there raisins in it and did you leave it on the kitchen island?😉😂

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Whatever the the situation I am wishing the best to all of those trying decide what to do, while waiting for official word. Especially those living in the path of the storm. As much as I joke, I can’t express that enough. 

Its a really fluid situation. Latest forecast has it slowing, and the eyewall not coming ashore until overnight Monday night into Tuesday. Many of the European models have it turning northward at the coast.  Has to be a tough call for all involved. 

3 hours ago, island lady said:

The ships don't have a clue on how to cook good grits.  Nasty stuff.  This southern girl knows how to cook them.  I don't skimp by using the instant stuff either.  Put love into your grits...you get love in return.  😉 

Shrimp and grits they way the restaurants do them in Charleston SC...oh yeah!!  Wonderful!  🙂  

Reminds me of the movie... My Cousin Vinnie.😁

If you don't get back until Wednesday, they should just cancel the next sailing, because the airline flight situation will be backed up too and people won't even be able to get back into Florida in time. Some will make it yes, but it would be a low percentage for sure. A Royal pita..............

No safer place to be though then on a Cruise ship, they will steer away from the storm for sure.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Clarea changed the title to Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...