Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bitofun

Booked Rhapsody of the Seas - questions

Recommended Posts

Anyone know much about the ship Rhapsody? We booked 2 side by side one bedroom grand suites (they were actually less than the junior suites at the time of booking and sold out soon after). The 2 suites are not connecting though, which is fine. I'm wondering if the dividers between the balconies on the Rhapsody can be opened by the steward on request.

 

Also, looking for any and all information in regards to pre-cruise and post-cruise stays, including hotel and activity ideas in Venice and Barcelona. First time for the 4 of us in Europe 🤩 Hoping to spend 2 nights in each city before and after cruise.

 

All information greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bitofun said:

Anyone know much about the ship Rhapsody? We booked 2 side by side one bedroom grand suites (they were actually less than the junior suites at the time of booking and sold out soon after). The 2 suites are not connecting though, which is fine. I'm wondering if the dividers between the balconies on the Rhapsody can be opened by the steward on request.

 

Also, looking for any and all information in regards to pre-cruise and post-cruise stays, including hotel and activity ideas in Venice and Barcelona. First time for the 4 of us in Europe 🤩 Hoping to spend 2 nights in each city before and after cruise.

 

All information greatly appreciated!

Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal in Venice which is five minutes and over a couple of bridges walk from Piazza Roma the main transport hub and the people mover which will take you to the port on the morning of your cruise cost €1.50pp

Its also a five minute walk over one bridge from the train station.

Hotel Jazz in Barcelona a fifteen minute taxi ride to the port.

Excellent position staff breakfast and roof top swimming pool

These are a couple of hotels that I could recommend to you.

In Venice I would visit St Marks Square early morning before 10.00am or in the evening which I prefer when the coach parties and day trippers have mostly departed.

Barcelona being your first visit I’d suggest the HOHO bus pick ups all round the city but I prefer getting on board opposite the Columbus Statue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bitofun said:

🤩Anyone know much about the ship Rhapsody? We booked 2 side by side one bedroom grand suites (they were actually less than the junior suites at the time of booking and sold out soon after). The 2 suites are not connecting though, which is fine. I'm wondering if the dividers between the balconies on the Rhapsody can be opened by the steward on request. ...

 

 

Balcony dividers cannot be opened on Rhapsody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Balcony dividers cannot be opened on Rhapsody.

Thanks. I thought that would be the case given the age and class of the ship. Not a big deal, just would make for a very nice size balcony if the divider could be opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal in Venice which is five minutes and over a couple of bridges walk from Piazza Roma the main transport hub and the people mover which will take you to the port on the morning of your cruise cost €1.50pp

Its also a five minute walk over one bridge from the train station.

Hotel Jazz in Barcelona a fifteen minute taxi ride to the port.

Excellent position staff breakfast and roof top swimming pool

These are a couple of hotels that I could recommend to you.

In Venice I would visit St Marks Square early morning before 10.00am or in the evening which I prefer when the coach parties and day trippers have mostly departed.

Barcelona being your first visit I’d suggest the HOHO bus pick ups all round the city but I prefer getting on board opposite the Columbus Statue.

Thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky as we had points for a free night. While it's not on San Marco, they have a water taxi exclusive to the hotel that was about a 10 minute ride. Very convenient. Also the blue line will take you to the cruise terminal and you can get tickets at the hotel the morning of departure. About 5 min or less by boat to the terminal. We took the Alilaguna from the airport. Long ride but a nice change to go by boat instead of the bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, depplep said:

We stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky as we had points for a free night. While it's not on San Marco, they have a water taxi exclusive to the hotel that was about a 10 minute ride. Very convenient. Also the blue line will take you to the cruise terminal and you can get tickets at the hotel the morning of departure. About 5 min or less by boat to the terminal. We took the Alilaguna from the airport. Long ride but a nice change to go by boat instead of the bus.

Thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at the Cotton House Hotel in Barcelona. That is a Marriott brand, so we were able to use points. It is beautiful. Upon check-in, we were greeted with champagne, and the staff could not have been nicer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 3:10 PM, bitofun said:

Anyone know much about the ship Rhapsody? We booked 2 side by side one bedroom grand suites (they were actually less than the junior suites at the time of booking and sold out soon after). The 2 suites are not connecting though, which is fine. I'm wondering if the dividers between the balconies on the Rhapsody can be opened by the steward on request.

 

Also, looking for any and all information in regards to pre-cruise and post-cruise stays, including hotel and activity ideas in Venice and Barcelona. First time for the 4 of us in Europe 🤩 Hoping to spend 2 nights in each city before and after cruise.

 

All information greatly appreciated!

When is your cruise, Bitofun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cruiselovin'girl said:

When is your cruise, Bitofun?

Oct 31, 2020!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cruiselovin'girl said:

I'm going next month and I will try to remember to get back to you with some answers! 🙂

That would be awesome!!! Thank you so very much!!! ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're doing a wedding in Florence pre-cruise.   Going to take the train in the afternoon before the ship departs,  light walking around and what not before sailing out the next day.

 

Also planning to stay in Venice the day we get back and flying out the next day.

 

Arriving by train, and leaving by air with limited time I'd love some hotel suggestions too.    I normally HATE airbnb's but they seem much cheaper than hotels here and I'm actually considering one.   Anyone have any experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

We're doing a wedding in Florence pre-cruise.   Going to take the train in the afternoon before the ship departs,  light walking around and what not before sailing out the next day.

 

Also planning to stay in Venice the day we get back and flying out the next day.

 

Arriving by train, and leaving by air with limited time I'd love some hotel suggestions too.    I normally HATE airbnb's but they seem much cheaper than hotels here and I'm actually considering one.   Anyone have any experience?

I can highly recommend Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal it’s almost opposite the train station over the one bridge opposite and turn right.

Then the day you embark it’s a five minute walk out of the hotel and turn left over a couple of bridges to piazza Roma and the people mover which is €1.50 and will take you on a 2 minute ride to the port.

From piazza Roma there are also frequent buses that take you to the air port.

If Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal is full or the price prohibitive it has a sister hotel about five minutes walk away a couple of blocks behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 9:49 PM, RCCL Fan said:

We're doing a wedding in Florence pre-cruise.   Going to take the train in the afternoon before the ship departs,  light walking around and what not before sailing out the next day.

 

Also planning to stay in Venice the day we get back and flying out the next day.

 

Arriving by train, and leaving by air with limited time I'd love some hotel suggestions too.    I normally HATE airbnb's but they seem much cheaper than hotels here and I'm actually considering one.   Anyone have any experience?

We are booked in a couple separate Airbnb’s in Venice (couldn’t agree on our fav so trying out both) before our cruise and one in Barcelona when we disembark ! Your right they do look to be cheaper so we have decided to give it a whirl. We have booked in other European countries and found them suitable for our needs.

Christina 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Barcelona Hotel Continental directly on the Ramblas is a great place to stay.  Ask for one of the balcony rooms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 1:31 AM, Norwich Cruiser said:

I can highly recommend Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal it’s almost opposite the train station over the one bridge opposite and turn right.

Then the day you embark it’s a five minute walk out of the hotel and turn left over a couple of bridges to piazza Roma and the people mover which is €1.50 and will take you on a 2 minute ride to the port.

From piazza Roma there are also frequent buses that take you to the air port.

If Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal is full or the price prohibitive it has a sister hotel about five minutes walk away a couple of blocks behind it.

  Thanks for the tip --- it's on the list.  Right now its running almost $300 for the nights we need.   There are some air bnb's that look up to our standards (we can be a little hotel snobby) for $100.   

 

I'm leaning heavily to the airbnb.... as the hotels appear to be so much more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 1ballerina said:

We are booked in a couple separate Airbnb’s in Venice (couldn’t agree on our fav so trying out both) before our cruise and one in Barcelona when we disembark ! Your right they do look to be cheaper so we have decided to give it a whirl. We have booked in other European countries and found them suitable for our needs.

Christina 

 

 

 

 

When are you leaving?  I'd love to get your take when you get back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For four people you might be more comfortable in an Airbnb. The hotel rooms in Europe are not particularly spacious. :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The Barcelona Hotel Continental directly on the Ramblas is a great place to stay.  Ask for one of the balcony rooms

 

A friend of mine just recommended their "sister" hotel just around the corner. Hotel Continental Palacete

 

It's smaller and has a constant buffet.(included)

 

https://www.hotelcontinental.com/en/our-hotels.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

 

When are you leaving?  I'd love to get your take when you get back

 

We are heading to Italy on Oct 12th 

Board the ship on Oct 19th 

I’ll let you know how it goes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...