Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cruiseanon32

TS/Hurricane brewing in the Caribbean

Recommended Posts

New TS/Hurricane brewing in the Caribbean this week may cause several cruises to be re routed. Check the National Hurricane Center for updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep i am getting on Allure tomorrow and think we will not be going to st. Kitts, during the middle of the week. I’m ok with wherever we go, just happy to be cruising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appears to be Eastern Carabbean cruises could be impacted  early  y

In the week with the DR/Haiti and Cuba hit mid week. PR also in path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing Allure on Sun Aug 25. Original E Caribbean itinerary (Nassau, San Juan and St Kitts) is officially and now Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

Sailing Allure on Sun Aug 25. Original E Caribbean itinerary (Nassau, San Juan and St Kitts) is officially and now Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel. 

Where are you seeing that?   Royal hasn’t  added that to their itinerary updates page on their website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Where are you seeing that?   Royal hasn’t  added that to their itinerary updates page on their website.

 

Maybe not.  But my daughter is also on the Allure tomorrow, and she texted me with the changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LadyBeBop said:

 

Maybe not.  But my daughter is also on the Allure tomorrow, and she texted me with the changes. 

Thanks, it appears that Royal e mail the guests then.  Just curious as I have clients on that sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on Harmony next Sunday. I'm interested in seeing what tomorrow's Cruise does. We were going Eastern. Now I just hope she can get back to Port.   I'm driving to Port Canaveral Friday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, it appears that Royal e mail the guests then.  Just curious as I have clients on that sailing.

 

It appears the B2B'ers get the first notifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nado44 said:

 

It appears the B2B'ers get the first notifications.

And not surprising that it’s not on the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruiseanon32 said:

New TS/Hurricane brewing in the Caribbean this week may cause several cruises to be re routed. Check the National Hurricane Center for updates

Predicted to be a full blown hurricane by Wednesday in the E. Caribbean, should be a rough ride within the radius of 200 miles from the eye 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And not surprising that it’s not on the website.

 

 And this is why we all love Cruise Critic! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, cruiseanon32 said:

Predicted to be a full blown hurricane by Wednesday in the E. Caribbean, should be a rough ride within the radius of 200 miles from the eye 

 

Looks that way. I don't mind the itinerary change. Just concerned about our scheduled return on Sunday 9/1. Long range models have Dorian hitting South Florida that morning. Will the Allure remain at sea?

Edited by Nado44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

 

 And this is why we all love Cruise Critic! 🙂

I would bet that if you called their 1 800 number even the reps at Royal wouldn’t know if the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nado44 said:

 

Looks that way. I don't mind the itinerary change. Just concerned about our scheduled return the following Sunday. Long range models have Dorian hitting South Florida that morning. Will the Allure remain at sea?

It's possible even if the Florida SE coast is moderately impacted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would bet that if you called their 1 800 number even the reps at Royal wouldn’t know if the change.

 

You are probably correct. It's all systematic. They'll eventually get the info.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

 

Looks that way. I don't mind the itinerary change. Just concerned about our scheduled return on Sunday 9/1. Long range models have Dorian hitting South Florida that morning. Will the Allure remain at sea?

 

Long range models will change dozens of times. More than 2-3 days out is a guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We get on HOS tomorrow and The Captain has already tweeted to expect an itinerary change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cruiseanon32 said:

It's possible even if the Florida SE coast is moderately impacted.

 

I agree.

 

What's interesting is that the 9/3/17 eastern caribbean itinerary of Allure was impacted in the same way by Hurricane Irma. It became a western caribbean itin with the same ports (Haiti, Falmouth and Cozumel).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

 

Long range models will change dozens of times. More than 2-3 days out is a guess. 

 

I hope the long range models are wrong. And that Dorian curves out to sea and away from land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nado44 said:

 

I hope the long range models are wrong. And that Dorian curves out to sea and away from land.

 

Me too. Living in central Florida, I hate this time of year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun thought to keep things positive around here...

 

If the Allure perchance remains at sea for additional night(s), will RCL's Crown and Anchor program credit our accounts with the additional nights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nado44 said:

Fun thought to keep things positive around here...

 

If the Allure perchance remains at sea for additional night(s), will RCL's Crown and Anchor program credit our accounts with the additional nights?

I like your thought process....but probably not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...