Atlantic storm Dorian

5 minutes ago, Juliaaay said:

Okay now I’m panicking..... we’re supposed to leave on the NCL Sky this Saturday from Port of Miami. If x-ray is the first step to port closure, what could this mean for us?

We are in the same sailing.  Flying in Saturday morning from Houston 

3 minutes ago, Juliaaay said:

Any thoughts on this? No chance I’m getting any sleep tonight waiting!

C37CA7B7-9EBD-4067-84AE-74C67E502DE1.png

Just got the same type of  text for the breakaway.

I’m supposed to fly out from Michigan at 10:30 am Saturday. Cutting it close with the info. Delta hasn’t put out any alerts for the 31st yet so no changes until they do. 

5306B314-5479-473A-AF96-272011CE074B.png

Edited by Tinyturtle22

Received this email as a follow up to the earlier text, Royal is offering to refund 100% if we decide not to go.  I hope other cruise lines will do something similar.   

Dear Guest,

After careful review of Hurricane Dorian’s path, we will depart as planned, but our arrival into the Port of Miami will be on Wednesday, September 4th, 2019, instead of Monday, September 2nd, 2019. We made this decision to maintain a comfortable cruise and avoid adverse weather on our way back home. Please know, your safety is our top priority and being onboard a ship is one of the safest places to be during a storm. Luckily, we can sail out to sea and navigate around inclement weather. Plus, our ships have the latest technology, satellites, communication equipment, along with a team of experts who closely monitor the weather. Consider these extra days on us! Below, please find our new itinerary.

Image did not load.

While these circumstances are beyond our control, we understand that this change impacts your vacation. If you have any pre-purchased packages like, beverage, internet, or unlimited dining, they will be extended at no additional cost. We’re also working with our airline partners regarding air change fees due to this special circumstance. Please contact your airline service provider for additional details. And, as previously shared, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit in the value of one day of the total cruise fare paid, for missing CocoCay, as we feel that we owe you a Perfect Day. This amount will be based on the cruise fare portion, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.

While we hope you choose to stay, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with a 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise vacation in the near future. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit by Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019. Any pre-purchased items, like shore excursions or beverage packages, will be automatically refunded. And lastly, if you booked a non-refundable fare, fees will be waived.

We are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this unexpected circumstance. We remain confident that your extended time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

1 minute ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

Someone mentioned port of miami code x-ray or something.. makes me nervous.

I think code x-ray is now placed on all East Coast Florida ports! Honestly, it would be ridiculous if they didn't let us sail. It seems like our departure date is well before things get bad here! Also, as a Miamian, for all those who have arrived here for their cruises and are concerned about the current weather... This is nothing new in terms of intensity of thunderstorms, rain etc. We have had this weather most days for the past few weeks. No major storm necessary, it's just the season!

3 minutes ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

Someone mentioned port of miami code x-ray or something.. makes me nervous.

Ft Pierce and Palm Beach also inc. this message.  Bill, what do u think about the Sky out of Miami Sat?  Stormy

7 minutes ago, Juliaaay said:

I think code x-ray is now placed on all East Coast Florida ports! Honestly, it would be ridiculous if they didn't let us sail. It seems like our departure date is well before things get bad here! Also, as a Miamian, for all those who have arrived here for their cruises and are concerned about the current weather... This is nothing new in terms of intensity of thunderstorms, rain etc. We have had this weather most days for the past few weeks. No major storm necessary, it's just the season!

Thanks for info!  We are from North Carolina.. so hope for the best.. glad to hear all ports are x-ray.. make me sleep a little better.. 

15 minutes ago, Juliaaay said:

What is "code xray"?  

Many ship schedule announcements now being made. Port of MIami put all ships coming in Sunday and Monday on Notice they should expect to delay and seek shelter elsewhere.

sailings in TAMPA have been modified with two ships sailing EARLY. One the night before!

Royal has promised many updates to be posted soon. Carnival is making updates as well.

The forecasters are seeing southward bumps which threaten Miami and Fort Lauderdale. And the Bahamas. And slowing and a very bad storm surge and rainfall all over. This will be worst since Andrew it seems.

3 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

What is "code xray"?  

Basically it warns ships they must be ready to leave, stack containers no higher than 4, and anyone wanting to stay import must apply now. The notice also lays out condition Yankee, which is the order to leave port. I assume condition Zulu is port closed.

Royal is sending their 3 nighters that leave on Friday to Cozumel and Nassau and have delayed return to 9/4 (Weds).  Turned 3 day sailing into 5 day sailings.  The 4 day sailings that were to leave Monday won't leave until Wednesday and they will become 2 night sailings.

No word on Royal's Sunday sailings yet.

1 minute ago, PelicanBill said:

Many ship schedule announcements now being made. Port of MIami put all ships coming in Sunday and Monday on Notice they should expect to delay and seek shelter elsewhere.

sailings in TAMPA have been modified with two ships sailing EARLY. One the night before!

Royal has promised many updates to be posted soon. Carnival is making updates as well.

The forecasters are seeing southward bumps which threaten Miami and Fort Lauderdale. And the Bahamas. And slowing and a very bad storm surge and rainfall all over. This will be worst since Andrew it seems.

Any thoughts on the 8/31 sailing of the NCL Sky from Miami? It's a 5 night cruise scheduled for the Bahamas. I doubt we will be going there, but our main concern is the new x-ray conditions placed on the port. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, stormynow said:

Ft Pierce and Palm Beach also inc. this message.  Bill, what do u think about the Sky out of Miami Sat?  Stormy

They may get the Yankee order Saturday and have to sail early. If the storm slows more maybe there is time to wait unti sail time. A longer cruise with delayed return is certain like the others.

Edited by PelicanBill

Friend is on Norwegian Breakaway which left Miami Sunday August 25 and was scheduled to return to Miami on Sunday September 1.

Captain just informed them that they will be staying at sea and delaying their arrival to Miami until Tuesday September 3.

Hope this information is useful!

Thinking good thoughts for all those in Florida and everyone trying to decide what to do about their vacation plans.

Pretty clear all cruise lines now planning to not be in port Sunday and Monday in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

returning cruises lengthened, following cruises shortened (4 day cruises unknown).

messy. Look for direct messages to tell your options if your sailing is confirmed delayed.

Carnival is pathetic. They’re not properly acknowledging the reality that the victory sailing tomorrow 8/30 won’t be able to return Monday. Instead they’re leaving it as ambiguous as possible and not offering any sort of answerable or refunds. Royal Caribbean is offering either an extended cruise or a full credit to a future cruise. I can’t believe there is such a stark contrast in customer service and safety.