Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cooncat_mom

Central Park view cabins

Recommended Posts

I tried researching this but no luck... I did post a question awhile back but no luck either so I thought I’d try again. We booked an Oasis CP view cabin (not balcony) for our sailing in 2020 but I’m having trouble trying to find out if we’ll have an actual view of paths and gardens  or will be looking at a roof! We have cabin 9195 booked.  I’m not adverse to changing to a Promenade room instead if there would be more unobstructed and interesting views of walkways and people.  Thanks all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The view staterooms are the lowest that look out onto Central Park, but you should have a decent view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You will see some gardens, but you be facing looking at Vintages more and Giovannis but in between are gardens and such.  I would suggest if you also like people watching and will use your balcony you see more having rooms that are between 9215-9237 and 9615-9637, any of those would be my choice but I also would choose deck 11, 12, 10, 9 in that order.  You have the best views in those rooms.

Edited by Cruisegirl6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

You will see some gardens, but you be facing looking at Vintages more and Giovannis but in between are gardens and such.  I would suggest if you also like people watching and will use your balcony you see more having rooms that are between 9215-9237 and 9615-9637, any of those would be my choice but I also would choose deck 11, 12, 10, 9 in that order.  You have the best views in those rooms.

Deck 9 is a CP view room.  Decks 10, 11 and 12 are balconies.  Different categories.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is really not much too see out there...

 

I really don't consider CP cabins balcony rooms..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just had ones on Symphony and LOVED them.  No balcony, but when we have had CP balconies we found them to be too hot most of the time to use.  The view ones cost barely more than an interior and were great for us.  Big window seat next to the window.  Nice to get natural light (as opposed to interior).  Ours was just over one of those Paris like circular billboards.  So if you were on the seat looking right out, you saw the top of that (but it had a nice top!) but from the center of the room looking out, we just saw a tree.  We were in 197 and our kids were in 179 and they had a better view, I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ourusualbeach your right!  I guess since OP won't have a balcony to use it doesn't make any different what the view is, it be fine.  Those cabins are better than interior, at least you have light and can see what the weather is like outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!  I appreciate it. We had decided not to do a balcony this time, so this gives me an idea what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apt9k24hRTbioEKUf-mrngyOLY71v6G5mTlc6LIfVgKBrdPWZSrOJQIoUUqwNpbz_O66B2YMbCYDU8w3

 

We had a nice view of the mid to top of the trees outside our window. We really liked these cabins and would have no problem booking them again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matj2000 said:

There is really not much too see out there...

 

I really don't consider CP cabins balcony rooms..

I'm interested to know why you would consider a stateroom with a balcony, not to be a balcony room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Apt9k24hRTbioEKUf-mrngyOLY71v6G5mTlc6LIfVgKBrdPWZSrOJQIoUUqwNpbz_O66B2YMbCYDU8w3

 

We had a nice view of the mid to top of the trees outside our window. We really liked these cabins and would have no problem booking them again. 

 

Our kids have these booked for January 2021 on Harmony.  This looks like a nice room for them!  Their biggest complaint on the last cruise in their interior was no daylight.  Thanks for posting these pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cello56--do you by any chance remember your room number?  Our view was good but that is even better!  We have one booked again on Oasis next summer and are thinking of moving up or down the hall if we can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

I'm interested to know why you would consider a stateroom with a balcony, not to be a balcony room.

Sure its a balcony room.  

 

But it does not have the traditional balcony view.

 

Just a wall of other balconies  50 feet away.  Looking directly at you..

 

I have had these cabins multiple times and I can tell you rarely do you see anyone sitting out there

Edited by matj2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP is NOT in a Central Park balcony cabin, but in a cabin  on dec 9 with a window ONLY , that overlooks Central Park. 

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve had both a stateroom with a window overlooking Central Park on one occasion and Central Park balconies a few times and whilst accepting they are not the traditional ocean view balcony absolutely enjoyed cruising in them both in the Mediterranean and Caribbean plus think they are exceptional value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, matj2000 said:

There is really not much too see out there...

 

I really don't consider CP cabins balcony rooms..

 

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Sure its a balcony room.  

 

But it does not have the traditional balcony view.

 

Just a wall of other balconies  50 feet away.  Looking directly at you..

 

I have had these cabins multiple times and I can tell you rarely do you see anyone sitting out there

So which is it, are they balconies or not balconies?

You are contradicting yourself.

 

I have booked Central Park balconies several times and enjoy sitting on the BALCONY in the evening listening the live music being preformed in Central Park.

 

I have found booking aft Central Park balconies does alleviate the heat issue.

 

During the day I also like to sit out on the balcony and do some reading, while periodically looking down into Central Park.

 

While it may not have a "traditional view" it does have a view and is a balcony.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked Oasis for May 2020 in a central park interior view and really looking forward to it. Really good price for a nice view and natural sunlight. I forget what room but its not a big deal. Just happy as can be to be sailing Oasis from NJ, never thought I'd see that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gatour said:

 

So which is it, are they balconies or not balconies?

You are contradicting yourself.

 

I have booked Central Park balconies several times and enjoy sitting on the BALCONY in the evening listening the live music being preformed in Central Park.

 

I have found booking aft Central Park balconies does alleviate the heat issue.

 

During the day I also like to sit out on the balcony and do some reading, while periodically looking down into Central Park.

 

While it may not have a "traditional view" it does have a view and is a balcony.

 

There are Central Park Balcony cabins AND Central Park View cabins. These are 2 different types of cabins.

 

The OP had a question about the Central Park VIEW.

  

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gatour said:

 

So which is it, are they balconies or not balconies?

You are contradicting yourself.

 

 

It is a balcony with a crappy view of nothing..

 

A balcony is supposed to have a view of the ocean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, having cruised in a number of different cabins including Promenade cabins and ocean balconies, I like having a different view.  I can usually find a spot on the ship to read and watch the water, and I’m looking forward to the variety that the Oasis offers...although, if the prices come down we may just switch to a CP balcony...!  Thanks for the tip on the aft CP balconies.  The farther cabins also have the advantage of upping your step count and working off the calories 😉 😆  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

The farther cabins also have the advantage of upping your step count and working off the calories 😉 😆  Thank you!

 

I don't think there is enough square footage on the boat to walk off the calories from what we eat!  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

ourusualbeach and cruisegirl1 are correct -  stateroom 9195 Central Park VIEW does NOT have a balcony but a window.

 

See how this is depicted on the deck plans by comparing 10195 (one deck up)  to 9195 - 10195 has a little "bump" showing it has a balcony and 9195 doesn't.

 

Just don't want you to be disappointed thinking you will have a balcony with a "View" cabin :classic_smile:

 

 

CPV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you - We knew it wasn't a balcony. I don't like a true inside cabin (MUST have a window! 😊) but I do like the lower price. Having a window seat overlooking the Promenade or some trees and walking paths works for me and my wallet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, cello56 said:

Apt9k24hRTbioEKUf-mrngyOLY71v6G5mTlc6LIfVgKBrdPWZSrOJQIoUUqwNpbz_O66B2YMbCYDU8w3

 

We had a nice view of the mid to top of the trees outside our window. We really liked these cabins and would have no problem booking them again. 

I wasn’t able to get to the photos, but It’s good to hear you’d do them again. Thank you 😊 (I know what you mean about the food 😂😂😂)

Edited by cooncat_mom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...