Sapphire Beach on our own

dharp

Just back from the Breeze. Went to Sapphire beach. Taxi was $10pp for the 3, plus tip =$35

Open air taxi had another group and we made to stops. One at a shopping center and dropped a family off (it was like a Kmart or something) the other went to Coki beach. This place looked crazy crowed, but did have jet ski's on one side and a lot of people on the other. We got transferred off to another taxi driver at this point. (i think it had something to do with the group was going to pay on the way back? ) Anyway, we've been to Sapphire a few times, and it is growing. First time we went there was only a dive shop, now there's a bar, and some new ice cream shop. The chairs have a sign for Condo guests so we just laid our towels on the sand. Close to the Bar has shaded cabana's and it seems first come first serve. It didn't look like anybody was trying to get money for those. 

Buying 3 soda's and candy cost $14, so the ice cream shop was expensive to me. The Bar had what seemed like decent prices for food. The place does have a dressing room and bathroom. 

This time seaweed was terrible. They had a few locals trying to rake it up, but it was all over the beach. This is the first time I remember Sapphire beach being this way. We brought our snorkel gear and saw some cool fish. The water is so salty, it's easy to float, be mindful, because before you know it, you are in "deep" water. 

So not the cheapest beach day, but for about $90 for 3 people, it  seems reasonable. ( i did hear a guy say, "I paid $160 to come here" Looked like they were with a big group. Not sure if a cruise ship excursion or somebody like Godrey? 

• Like 2