How is everyone getting cheaper air EZ Air

fluffybunny22

We are sailing Princess for the first time 12-3-19.  We've sailed other cruise lines before but never booked airfare through the Cruise lines. 

For this Cruise, we booked EZAir (domestic) for $195.94 in April.  In August, I changed the airfare:  (Flying in 2 days early instead of 1 day early and selected a non-stop flight.)  The new pricing is $285.28 ($89.34 increase) This is still well below what I would have paid privately ($906.20)  So we were very happy. 

Then last week, Princess Cruise fares dropped dramatically.  $410 pp.  I called to inquire about "re-booking". (Final payment date is 9-4-19)  Even with losing a $300pp OBC, it was still a savings!  Might even have upgraded to a mini suite! 

But there was a snag.  When we booked in April, we booked under the "Come back new" promotion which ended 4-30-19.  Re-booking meant the EZAir would go up - substantially!  It is now $882.88 for the same flights. $597. 60 increase.  So when I CHANGED the flight 10 days ago, it was still under the original booking and still covered under the same promo, thus still very low airfares.  (BTW, booking our own air would be $906.20. hardly any savings between it and Princess EZAir $882.88)

Moral to the story is that EZAir discounts ALSO change according to the promotion you originally booked under and whatever the current promotion is that you are re-booking under.  Hope this info helps folks navigate (pun intended) the Complexities of booking a cruise.  It's a first-world problem and I won't let it ruin our cruise but it was a disappointment.

Reminder:  :  Be sure to go back into the booking (1-2 days later) and select your seats.  Then go to airline site and confirm the booking number with what princess has.  This was also the time to add your Mileage program numbers into the confirmation. 😉

Edited by MishelleMcc
Reminder