Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lois R

Getting to Paris for a River Cruise....will be in Rome!

Recommended Posts

Hi folks:classic_biggrin:....2020 will be a big year for me.....I will be retiring, taking my first TA crossing and I am thinking since I will be in Europe already, and will have the time:classic_biggrin:, I may

want to see Paris (never visited there before).  My crossing ends in Rome and was wondering if any of you have ever flown to Paris from there? Thinking about a river cruise

on The Seine and just thought I would see if any of you have previous experience getting from point A to point B.   Not sure if I should post this on the Air forum or not?

Any input would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks:classic_biggrin:....2020 will be a big year for me.....I will be retiring, taking my first TA crossing and I am thinking since I will be in Europe already, and will have the time:classic_biggrin:, I may want to see Paris (never visited there).  My crossing ends in Rome and was wondering if any of you have ever flown to Paris from there? Thinking about a river cruise on The Seine and I thought I would see if any of you have previous experience getting from point A to point B.   Not sure if I should post this on the Air forum or not?

Any input would be appreciated!

Not sure why my new posts always come up with funky paragraphs! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may get better info on an air forum.

 

We did do similar this past spring, had never been to Paris and want so much to go. We did a TA from Miami to Barcelona, had been there before, so we flew directly to Paris. It was direct, on Air France. Spent a few days in Paris. We did a Uniworld Paris/Normandy river cruise followed by Bordeaux river cruise. All good. Enjoy your planning!

 

(We kinda gambled, and it worked out. Our cruise docked at 7AM, we were off the ship at 7:30 and our flight was 10:10AM. Not sure what we were thinking. Was a smaller ship, as we took our own luggage off.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thanks for the reply:classic_smile:......my crossing ends on a Tuesday and so I am thinking that upcoming weekend would be the River cruise.  So it would really give me a few days in Paris before sailing.   I am taking a river cruise on Uniworld in October:classic_biggrin:. I will talk to them while I am on board about their cruise on the Seine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW....checking the Air France website...…...it is pretty cheap from Rome to Paris!   Thank you for that information:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

WOW....checking the Air France website...…...it is pretty cheap from Rome to Paris!   Thank you for that information:classic_biggrin:

Flying from Rome to Paris is within the Schengen zone so it is considered a domestic flight. Watch out for things like the cost of luggage, and prebook it. It is usually cheaper than paying at the airport. Don’t forget the cost of getting to and from the airports. 

 

All Rome flights seem to leave from Fiumicino, but in Paris some fly to Charles De Gaulle and others fly to Orly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that information:classic_smile:.....I appreciate it!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For this hop, flying is the best way.  For future reference, check the website rome2rio.com which will show you options for flying and train (also bus and driving).  Sometimes the train could be a better alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uniworld cruises depart on Sundays. That will give you plenty of time to explore Paris, see Versailles, etc. The Paris Museum pass is well worth it. And, if you aren't afraid of heights, the top of the Eiffel Tower is a must-do. Congrats on your upcoming retirement!!!

 

Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, acwmom said:

Uniworld cruises depart on Sundays. That will give you plenty of time to explore Paris, see Versailles, etc. The Paris Museum pass is well worth it. And, if you aren't afraid of heights, the top of the Eiffel Tower is a must-do. Congrats on your upcoming retirement!!!

 

Robin

Hi Robin, thanks so much:classic_smile:  And I saw Uniworld also has a pre-cruise package.... nights before sailing. When I sail with them in October I am going to talk to them about next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

For this hop, flying is the best way.  For future reference, check the website rome2rio.com which will show you options for flying and train (also bus and driving).  Sometimes the train could be a better alternative.

Thanks Jazz, one of the folks over on the SS forum mentioned that website too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, travlr21 said:

You may get better info on an air forum.

 

We did do similar this past spring, had never been to Paris and want so much to go. We did a TA from Miami to Barcelona, had been there before, so we flew directly to Paris. It was direct, on Air France. Spent a few days in Paris. We did a Uniworld Paris/Normandy river cruise followed by Bordeaux river cruise. All good. Enjoy your planning!

 

(We kinda gambled, and it worked out. Our cruise docked at 7AM, we were off the ship at 7:30 and our flight was 10:10AM. Not sure what we were thinking. Was a smaller ship, as we took our own luggage off.)

Thanks so much😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...