Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
UFMOM

Up Charge To Book Izumi Hibachi With UDP on Symphony Now

Recommended Posts

When I made our UDP reservations when we boarded Symphony on Saturday I had to pay an extra 14.00 pp up charge to make our reservations for Izumi Hibatchi. I was told since Hibatchi is 49.95 and Izumi Sushi was a 35.00 credit as an ala carte restaurant, this was to cover the difference between the 35.00 credit and the price of Hibatchi. So it sounds to me like they are trying to treat Hibatchi like an ala carte restaurant. This sounds bogus to me. Am I wrong? Would like advice to challenge this as I have copies of all the descriptions of the UDP from the website including the one that lists Hibatchi with all the other restaurants. Nowhere can I find Hibatchi described as being in the ala carte category or any mention of an up charge. 

 

 

Mary Ann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

When I made our UDP reservations when we boarded Symphony on Saturday I had to pay an extra 14.00 pp up charge to make our reservations for Izumi Hibatchi. I was told since Hibatchi is 49.95 and Izumi Sushi was a 35.00 credit as an ala carte restaurant, this was to cover the difference between the 35.00 credit and the price of Hibatchi. So it sounds to me like they are trying to treat Hibatchi like an ala carte restaurant. This sounds bogus to me. Am I wrong? Would like advice to challenge this as I have copies of all the descriptions of the UDP from the website including the one that lists Hibatchi with all the other restaurants. Nowhere can I find Hibatchi described as being in the ala carte category or any mention of an up charge. 

 

 

Mary Ann

Get in touch with Royal via Facebook or twitter and they will make it right.  Chops is also $49 and you don’t pay any extra there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UFMOM said:

When I made our UDP reservations when we boarded Symphony on Saturday I had to pay an extra 14.00 pp up charge to make our reservations for Izumi Hibatchi. I was told since Hibatchi is 49.95 and Izumi Sushi was a 35.00 credit as an ala carte restaurant, this was to cover the difference between the 35.00 credit and the price of Hibatchi. So it sounds to me like they are trying to treat Hibatchi like an ala carte restaurant. This sounds bogus to me. Am I wrong? Would like advice to challenge this as I have copies of all the descriptions of the UDP from the website including the one that lists Hibatchi with all the other restaurants. Nowhere can I find Hibatchi described as being in the ala carte category or any mention of an up charge. 

 

 

Mary Ann

So far Hibachi Grill is not included with the UDP, it is considered a culinary experience as is Chef's table. A $35.00 credit is given for Izumi Sushi and a up charge is added for the Grill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

So far Hibachi Grill is not included with the UDP, it is considered a culinary experience as is Chef's table. A $35.00 credit is given for Izumi Sushi and a up charge is added for the Grill.  

Unless something has changed and Royal has not updated it, Izumi Hibachi is listed as an included restaurant on RCCL FAQ

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-restaurants-are-included-in-the-unlimited-dining-package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cruiseluvr10 said:

Unless something has changed and Royal has not updated it, Izumi Hibachi is listed as an included restaurant on RCCL FAQ

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-restaurants-are-included-in-the-unlimited-dining-package

We were on Symphony last November and it was a definite no, but we would get a $35.00 credit pp towards the total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we were on Mariner last spring it was included at no extra charge!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cruiseluvr10 said:

Unless something has changed and Royal has not updated it, Izumi Hibachi is listed as an included restaurant on RCCL FAQ

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-restaurants-are-included-in-the-unlimited-dining-package

 

This is the copy that I have that I made about 4 days ago and my understanding is that it is included and if it is included should be considered a flat fee restaurant. With no upcharge noted anywhere, I am confused. But the website seems to indicate inclusion and flat fee status.  We will see.  Am going to talk to the restaurant manager and if not satisfied with the explanation will take it up with the ship F&B manager. Just want to know why the up charge is not clearly stated on the website. 

 

Mary Ann

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We were on Symphony last November and it was a definite no, but we would get a $35.00 credit pp towards the total.

Last November I think it was still the Ultimate dining package, which did not include Habachi.  This was one of the things they specifically changed with the Unlimited package

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d walk into Izumi with this screen shot and make a reservation. If they have a problem with it I’d tell them to call Miami and sort it out. This is what they advertised and this is what intend to get. 

A0880F70-4767-4123-93E1-E28D09D49580.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

 

This is the copy that I have that I made about 4 days ago and my understanding is that it is included and if it is included should be considered a flat fee restaurant. With no upcharge noted anywhere, I am confused. But the website seems to indicate inclusion and flat fee status.  We will see.  Am going to talk to the restaurant manager and if not satisfied with the explanation will take it up with the ship F&B manager. Just want to know why the up charge is not clearly stated on the website. 

 

Mary Ann

 

 

It is really ridiculous that you have to waste valuable vacation time arguing for something that you paid for. Royal Caribbean’s roll out of programs and packages is just awful. The variations between ship to ship, day to day, person to person mean that no one can be sure of what they’re getting. Good luck and please keep us posted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

So far Hibachi Grill is not included with the UDP, it is considered a culinary experience as is Chef's table. A $35.00 credit is given for Izumi Sushi and a up charge is added for the Grill.  

Even if this was the case (which is not supposed to be with the unlimited plan), the precedent on previous sailings was a $10 up charge for those with packages not $14. I wouldn’t pay it and I would expect for the cost of the package it be included. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RG306 said:

Even if this was the case (which is not supposed to be with the unlimited plan), the precedent on previous sailings was a $10 up charge for those with packages not $14. I wouldn’t pay it and I would expect for the cost of the package it be included. 

Typical Royal inconsistency, we passed and went to 150 cp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

When we were on Mariner last spring it was included at no extra charge!!

 

Same with Laura in June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got 30% discount at Izumi on Harmony last week. So it was $35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I’d walk into Izumi with this screen shot and make a reservation. If they have a problem with it I’d tell them to call Miami and sort it out. This is what they advertised and this is what intend to get. 

A0880F70-4767-4123-93E1-E28D09D49580.png

Please let us know how that goes for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really upsets me. I don’t care about the upcharge on a second main course but now being charged more on a restaurant that was included isn’t right. Since the package became the unlimited, I’ve seen many reviews of people able to eat there. I booked this package specifically because it was in this package but not the 3 night one. 

 

I guess ill I’ll be prepared for a fight when I board Harmony in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve used Hibachi this past May on Allure twice that week with UDP and didn’t pay a cent more other than additional tip we left. We also used Ultimate Dining Package on Oasis last November at Hibachi eating there twice during cruise and never paid anything additional other than tip.

 

Leaving on Harmony in a couple weeks and plan on using UDP at Hibachi there too. 

 

Do think each ship sorta make their own rules sometimes. Looking at the cruise planner a single reservation for Hibachi for my upcoming cruise is $45. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I messaged RCCL last night and after them first telling me it was only a $35 allotment, I got this reply. I still plan to argue for the combo. So frustrating how they keep changing it.

81E98969-7A94-4E39-9CDE-9D5819D7D790.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once they take your money they just make up new rules.  Calvinball of the Seas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Once they take your money they just make up new rules.   ...

 

Time and time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also just got off Mariner this morning-  No up-charge for us with the package.   The only thing I will say is to make sure you tell them up front you have the package.  Went to all three restaurants and all but Chops we had to have the bill adjusted to indicate the package.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again perhaps an email to Mr Bayley for clarification would help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...