Cruise Critic Community
BeakerR

Is Booking a Future Cruise While Onboard Worth It?

Just wondering, do you save money or get any better deals if you book your next cruise while on board your current cruise?  I've always booked my next cruise a short time after I got home from my most recent cruise.  THANKS for any info! 

They don’t do this anymore. You get a “special deal” that’s good for two weeks after you cruise. But it’s never that great of a deal. A reduced deposit and maybe some OBC. 

I was about to ask the same question. I received an email from my TA this morning that said "They now offer the opportunity for you to book on board and benefiting from an extra 20% discount on your chosen sailing and up to $100 extra shipboard credit."

I wondered if anyone else had done this? I don't remember reading anything about it here on the Carnival board but I know NCL does off the cruise next certificates while on board. 

Anyone sailed recently that knows for sure?

When they changed this, it was the talk of the forum. Now, instead of booking at the future cruise desk onboard, you have up to two weeks after the cruise to book another one. They offer a promotional rate, 50% reduced deposit, and $50 OBC per cabin ($100 per cabin for suites). Compare that to the $200 OBC they used to offer. They were also supposed to stop manning their future cruise desks and just do it from the excursion desk. You should get an email after your cruise with details about this deal if you book another one within two weeks.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:19 PM, Organized Chaos said:

When they changed this, it was the talk of the forum. Now, instead of booking at the future cruise desk onboard, you have up to two weeks after the cruise to book another one. They offer a promotional rate, 50% reduced deposit, and $50 OBC per cabin ($100 per cabin for suites). Compare that to the $200 OBC they used to offer. They were also supposed to stop manning their future cruise desks and just do it from the excursion desk. You should get an email after your cruise with details about this deal if you book another one within two weeks.

And the rate is Early Saver, so there is a penalty if you cancel or change.  Until they changed the program you could get the same past guest rate that was available online plus the OBC.