Jump to content

MSC casino tiers and comps


Recommended Posts

Considering taking a comped cruise on msc through a junket type service. Any information on tiers/perks/comps would be greatly appreciated! Couldn’t find any useful info anywhere...

 

choosing between seaside and Meraviglia also any info on slot variety/play on those ships would be greatly appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2019 at 7:53 PM, seasidemama said:

Considering taking a comped cruise on msc through a junket type service. Any information on tiers/perks/comps would be greatly appreciated! Couldn’t find any useful info anywhere...

 

choosing between seaside and Meraviglia also any info on slot variety/play on those ships would be greatly appreciated!

 

Just booked Seaside through URComped and I found this info on their site: 

 

How to earn a free cruise by playing in MSC Cruises's casino
Earning between 5,000 and 9,999 points earns you a 30% discount on your next cruise. 

Earning 10,000 points while on board earns you a COMP inside cabin. 

 

 

10,000 points is their top tier and at $5 coin in per point would take $50,000 coin in to reach. 

 

I guess this will be my first and last MSC cruise. 

 

Anyone sail an MSC comp and experience something different?  Did you earn fewer points than this and still receive offers? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Justaddvodka68 said:

 

Just booked Seaside through URComped and I found this info on their site: 

 

How to earn a free cruise by playing in MSC Cruises's casino
Earning between 5,000 and 9,999 points earns you a 30% discount on your next cruise. 

Earning 10,000 points while on board earns you a COMP inside cabin. 

 

 

10,000 points is their top tier and at $5 coin in per point would take $50,000 coin in to reach. 

 

I guess this will be my first and last MSC cruise. 

 

Anyone sail an MSC comp and experience something different?  Did you earn fewer points than this and still receive offers? 

I haven't been on MSC yet but it looks like the info on URComped website is wrong, or at least confusing. It's giving you info on the Voyager Club, which is the cruise line loyalty program, not the casino program. 10k points is the highest tier, Black, for Voyager Club and casino spending doesn't count. 

 

Based on what I've seen on other posts, the casino point rate is $1 in slots = 1 point. Though one person said they think it's $2.50. And you get $5 free play for every 500 points. 

 

But maybe someone who's been on MSC can comment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the MSC seaside - got a $250 casino certificate at end of cruise - could not figure out their points, just arbitrarily came to me the next to last night of cruise while I was on a machine and had me sign for certificate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off two MSC cruises. It's $2.50 coin in to equal one point. The tiers listed above for 30% off or free inside are correct. My husband and I each earned the 30% off on our first cruise, plus there was onboard credit with that as well - he got $275, I got $250. He earned another 30% off on the second cruise. I earned the free cabin on the second cruise. The 30% off certificates have to be used for travel within 9 months of issue date. The free cruise was good for travel within 1 year of issue. Good for 2 people on pretty much any MSC cruise up to 10 days. The 30% off certificates can be combined with your Voyager's Club discount giving you 35% off. It says they cannot be combined with any other discount though, but I think I have seen people post that they were able to book whatever the current active MSC promotion was and get the 35% off of that.

 

Here's the thing though, if you want to travel in Yacht Club, it's basically the same thing whether you get the 30% off or the free cruise certificate. Looking at the rates on say a May cruise on Seaside right now I see a price of $2159pp. With 30+5% off it's around $1403, plus $191 in taxes and fees. Total for two would be $3188. For the free inside cabin, to upgrade from that to Yacht Club would be $2815 for two including taxes and fees, based on their current casino rates. Just a $373 difference. There really isn't much of a point trying to go for the free cruise if you've already achieved the 30% off unless of course the 30% off only applies to the brochure rates. If that's the case the current website prices are cheaper than the 30% off of brochure rates; those certificates would be useless.

Edited by WonderMan3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

MSC fares are some of the cheapest in the Caribbean.....I'd much rather just pay them the $400-$500 for a 7 day inside instead of forking over thousands in slot play.

 

Awesome for you. So why exactly are you even looking at a casino board? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Paulras said:

 

Awesome for you. So why exactly are you even looking at a casino board? 

Are you trying to say that I can't look at the forum just because I stated that the MSC deal isn't worthwhile to me? Wow.

I regularly get casino offers from both HAL and Princess, and I will look at and participate in any forum I care to, thank you.

Edited by CineGraphic
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Are you trying to say that I can't look at the forum just because I stated that the MSC deal isn't worthwhile to me? Wow.

I regularly get casino offers from both HAL and Princess, and I will look at and participate in any forum I care to, thank you.

It's like when someone asks a question about using their cell phone to dial home or what's included in the beverage package and you get someone responding that they always lock up their phones for the whole cruise because they want to get away from it all or that they rarely drink. My first thought is "gee, thanks for trying to sound better than the rest of us and your response in no way answered the question or helped the OP". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

MSC fares are some of the cheapest in the Caribbean.....I'd much rather just pay them the $400-$500 for a 7 day inside instead of forking over thousands in slot play.

And some people would never book an inside cabin. What does it have to do with the op's question?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

And some people would never book an inside cabin. What does it have to do with the op's question?

I was simply saying the MSC offer is lame, just like the person in post #3 said, by saying "yuck", and nobody gave them grief. I'll stick to the one-word answers in the future so you can understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting to hear what MSC gives you at the end of the cruise. 

 

I'm wondering what the expected play is for return offers through URComped. 

 

I guess I"ll just go play as I play and see when I get back what I'll be qualified for on that line in the future. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

MSC fares are some of the cheapest in the Caribbean.....I'd much rather just pay them the $400-$500 for a 7 day inside instead of forking over thousands in slot play.

 

I don't think anyone gambles with the goal of getting a free cruise in mind, but those of us who gamble, do want to maximize our comps when we're getting them.  If you don't know the point system, you can't do that.

 

For instance, at my home casino, the first couple years I played, I'd see all these players that I know play at or below my level making the top tier every year, and I never quite got high enough for the black card. 

 

Then I read the fine print in the players club faq on the website and found out I was missing out on tons of points because they have a daily point bonus. 170 coin in is a point, but make 20 in a day and you get 10 bonus points, but earn 30 and you get 30 bonus points!  Double points.  2000 to black.  Well I was playing and earning 15-18 points maybe at a time and not getting those bonus points.  Or stopping in for just a couple hours 2-3 times a week, earning 4 or 5 points, rather than going once a week and earning the full 20 or 30.  Once I started making sure I stayed  and got at least to 20 and often to 30 points in a session, I made black in the first few months of the casino year. 

 

So if I were on a comped cruise and I played and the second to last day I knew I needed x points to make sure I get a return comp, I'd be sure to earn those points and not fall short by a measly few and blow my offer. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...