Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Enjoyed our Western Caribbean cruise, we had a JS, lots of room and large balcony. Good location 7242 and wonderful room steward. We ate most nights in the dining room and had reservations anytime but used the suite check in line so we were always seated promptly. Had good service table 220 from Lisa. Only 2 sea days we tried the stay at the adult pool but it is near a very large smoking area and shade is limited. We enjoyed CoCo Cay but there were some jellyfish at one beach and the birds at lunch were a nuisance, still a great beach day.

We went to all the shows but the headliner, I dont like jugglers. The shows were well done but the story lines were very abstract. The performers were wonderful though. Costa Maya we went to Tropicante, no seaweed or bugs, very nice day. Roatan we went to Tabyana with RCL, never crowded, beautiful sand and water, good snorkeling. Cozumel we took a taxi to Chankanaab to do some snorkeling. We had great weather, bought the $89 10 drink card when it was offered, took no photos as we have cruised over 40 times. Found the art auction guy annoying as we were told we could not enter without registering, what bs. The Windjammer was jammed and food got boring there. Found breakfast in DR not much better, tried Johnny Rockets and Park Cafe for breakfast, not impressed. I took a "tour"of Central PArk with the gardener and got bit up (only place I got bug bites). Embarkation was fast, luggage delivery slow. Getting off the ship we waited as long as we could as we had a 2pm flight home.  Used Cortrans to get back to MCO, very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im so glad you mentioned using the Suite lines for MTD.  We are leaving on Monday on Mariner, and read a review that the check in lines were horrible.  We are in a JS, so hopefully it wont be too bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The check in lines at Port Canaveral can be very bad, but if you have a JS or greater its so wonderful, we also have a JS on the HOS in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting as I did not know the Junior Suite could access the suite line for dining. Usually the JS is excluded from this type of benefit.    I thought the suite line at Port Canaveral security was limited to Full Suite and Pinnacle.  

 

OP  -Glad you had a good cruise.

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a few more thoughts

--never got a notice for the meet and mingle, don't know if it happened

--chair hogs were rampant, no enforcement

--chocolate buffet was during dinner, we almost missed it, ran from the dining room to windjammer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh people dressed however they wanted. Formal night meant nothing in the dining room.

also internet was slow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Interesting as I did not know the Junior Suite could access the suite line for dining. Usually the JS is excluded from this type of benefit.    I thought the suite line at Port Canaveral security was limited to Full Suite and Pinnacle.  

 

OP  -Glad you had a good cruise.

M

I know the suite line in pc is also for junior suites but this is the first time that I have heard about the dining line

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdechter said:

-chocolate buffet was during dinner, we almost missed it, ran from the dining room to windjammer

Was it on night 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdechter said:

a few more thoughts

--never got a notice for the meet and mingle, don't know if it happened

--chair hogs were rampant, no enforcement

--chocolate buffet was during dinner, we almost missed it, ran from the dining room to windjammer

 

We were also on that sailing.  There was a M and M but according to the roll call and FB most did not get an invite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jdechter said:

. Costa Maya we went to Tropicante, no seaweed or bugs, very nice day. 

Is this really a true? This is the best news of the month for me.

 

Was there NO seaweed at all?  I know it has been awful with seaweed past few months..

 

I will be there in 4 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I know the suite line in pc is also for junior suites but this is the first time that I have heard about the dining line

I was speaking of the initial security line when one walk in the door.  I thought it was Suite/Pinnacle only.  At least it was the past few cruises, but of course we know things can change. 

 

Very surprised to hear JS is eligible for  the dining  line  That will make lot of passengers happy, and I guess a few otherwise!

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I was speaking of the initial security line when one walk in the door.  I thought it was Suite/Pinnacle only.  At least it was the past few cruises, but of course we know things can change. 

 

Very surprised to hear JS is eligible for  the dining  line  That will make lot of passengers happy, and I guess a few otherwise!

 

M

That's what I was talking about.  The suite line to get into the building (and thru security)  at PC includes JS people

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

Is this really a true? This is the best news of the month for me.

 

Was there NO seaweed at all?  I know it has been awful with seaweed past few months..

 

I will be there in 4 weeks.

they told me they start raking at 3:30 in the morning, I think that was a joke but the beach was Clean with a Capital C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That's what I was talking about.  The suite line to get into the building (and thru security)  at PC includes JS people

Thanks.  The more people that are Priority make me scout of regular lines as often they are shorter. 

 

Hope all is well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed your review thank you for taking the time to share. Was the chocolate buffet in the Windjammer? Do you know about what time?   Thank  you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...