Cruise Critic Community
pjwaz

Prescription medications and shoes

8 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Six months to our Australia, New Zealand, Fiji adventure and getting very excited.

Oh I'm a stickler for rules 🙂,  but I'm also the person TSA/security pull over every time and give an extra thorough check to.  It doesn't matter if it's just me, my family or with a group of friends, every single time I get singled out.  It's a bit of a running joke now.

Enjoy your trip to this side of the world 🙂 

2 minutes ago, BrissieB said:

Oh I'm a stickler for rules 🙂,  but I'm also the person TSA/security pull over every time and give an extra thorough check to.  It doesn't matter if it's just me, my family or with a group of friends, every single time I get singled out.  It's a bit of a running joke now.

Enjoy your trip to this side of the world 🙂 

I also used to be "that person".  Way back, when they just started doing the explosive residue testing, the equipment obviously wasn't quite as specific as it is now.

So for quite some time not only did I get pulled aside, while DH never did, but they just *kept* swabbing and swabbing, and apparently there was often something "suspicious" on my hands (!!??), as they kept spending extra time with repeated swabbing, in addition to everywhere else, like shoes, waistband, hems, etc....

I began to wonder if there was something in any of my meds that I had handled, but never could figure it out (the only thing I could think of was a heart med... but neither of us take that, and there isn't any in the house).

And then, suddenly it all stopped, but it had gone on for a few years.

One time, they wanted to swab inside my carry-on duffel, where all my meds were!  I asked for a private room, as I knew everything was about to be removed, including delicates.  And indeed, it all did come out, item by item.

I was waiting to be asked about the meds, which included injectibles and one controlled med, but they (two female agents) just set them aside with my delicates, and sunglasses,, books. and whatever else was in there, and then they SO CAREFULLY swabbed the entire inside surface.

And then... I was thanked, and asked to pack it all back in, and re-join DH.

Thank goodness that never happened again, but we've always allowed a LOT of time for airport arrivals.  Just waiting for TWO female TSA agents took forever.

"Better safe than sorry", and I didn't feel that anything was inappropriate other than the 'Why ME? question, of course.  And I'll never know...

Gc

Husband and I will be doing a B2B starting in Tahiti to Sydney then Sydney to Aukland with one night in Auckland before we fly back to the states. We have the same cabin for both cruises so will be bringing luggage off in Sydney. We both have prescriptions so I will leave those in the original pharmacy containers. We also take a lot of supplements which I usually put in baggies to save room. By the time we get to Aukland we will only have 1 night and 1 morning worth of supplements, maybe 24 pills - 2 or 4  of each supplement. My question is, will this be a problem? Do the authorities just confiscate them, or do you go through a big ordeal?