Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
grest

Rotterdam laundry

Hello...I am sure this has been answered somewhere, but cannot find it when searching.   

What are the laundry options on the Rotterdam?

Thank you.

You can send laundry out; I don't recall of the self-service laundries are still available on the Rotterdam. Or, you can do hand-wash in the sink. 

If you send it out, there are three pricing options. You can pay by the piece; this is very expensive. You can pay by the bag, which is either $20 or $30 per bag, depending on area the ship is sailing. The bags are cloth, so don't tear when they are stuffed. And you can stuff them very full! Last option is to pay for the entire cruise for unlimited. It is either $7 or $9 per day, times the number of days in the cruise, again depending on where the ship is sailing. 

With the last option you can send any amount of clothes in the bag, and not worry about the price. This is an especially attractive offer for singles, who need a lot more time to fill a bag. And for people cruising in a hot/humid area. Just come in from the day, put that day's clothes in the bag when you shower & change for dinner, and leave it on the bed. 

I know the unlimited cost more in Europe.  Does the stuff a bag cost more in Europe also?

5 minutes ago, racnwdow said:

I know the unlimited cost more in Europe.  Does the stuff a bag cost more in Europe also?

Yes. It's $30 per bag in Europe. 

There isn't self-service laundry on the Rotterdam.  But their laundry service is very good.  We used it once and now we are hooked.  The last bag we fill, we have folded so when it is returned, we just pack it.  Already clean and folded.