Cruise Critic Community

Hello, 

We are taking a family vacation in March of 2020 and will be going on the Oasis. Currently Royal is offering a 30% off deal for the drink package. It ends up being $57 per person per day, plus the 18% gratuity. Does anyone know if this will be the best price? I thought I've heard that they will offer BOGO 50% off as we get closer, but not 100% sure on that. We just don't want to miss out on a decent deal as we have 6 adults going. Thanks in advance for your help!

BOGO 50% winds up being 25% off per guest so the 30% off is a better deal. 30% is usually their best sale, but Black Friday/Cyber Monday might have something better. You can always purchase the package at the sale you are comfortable with, and then you can cancel and repurchase if it goes lower. 

That's right...you can cancel and rebook as much as you like!

14 minutes ago, brantgus said:

Hello, 

We are taking a family vacation in March of 2020 and will be going on the Oasis. Currently Royal is offering a 30% off deal for the drink package. It ends up being $57 per person per day, plus the 18% gratuity. Does anyone know if this will be the best price? I thought I've heard that they will offer BOGO 50% off as we get closer, but not 100% sure on that. We just don't want to miss out on a decent deal as we have 6 adults going. Thanks in advance for your help!

Pricing is not predictable.

If you are committed to purchasing the package, then buy now and keep watching the price.  Cancel and rebook if you see a lower price.

Just remember that when you cancel, the refund goes back to the original form of payment and that those refunds can take several business days to post back to your account.

55 minutes ago, brantgus said:

Hello, 

My cruise planner  has it for 51.00 today

I bought my husband's drink package on the 30% off sale too. It ended up being $376 for a 7 day. I had already purchased the refreshment package so in order to get only 1 package I had go call RCI. I hope the price drops for you. 

1 hour ago, DivaMI said:

Bummer mine said $55

1 hour ago, DivaMI said:

Mine is $57... odd that everyone has something different. Maybe it depends on the ship?

1 minute ago, brantgus said:

Mine is $57... odd that everyone has something different. Maybe it depends on the ship?

Ship, sailing whatever.  Basically whatever the cruise line thinks that particular market will bear.

You're better off not worrying about the "% off" but rather how much per day. Because who knows the set price? For instance I bought at BOGO 50% off a couple months ago for Harmony and it's $46 pp/pd. Now I get an email today BOGO 50% off but it nets to $55pp/pd! So just watch your pp/pd price for decrease. Good luck! 

2 hours ago, brantgus said:

Hello, 

It will probably go lower.  I would be patient and keep looking.  I have purchased the deluxe drink package for cheaper on this cruise. 

2 minutes ago, LuvCruising8 said:

It will probably go lower.  I would be patient and keep looking.  I have purchased the deluxe drink package for cheaper on this cruise. 

Thank you! I was just telling my group the same thing... $57pp doesn't seem like a deal, that just seems like the normal price.

2 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

So $18.00 pp/pd is a good price?

It's a good price for the Refreshment package these days.

reading all the drink package comments and pricing....  i'm more confused...Sailed many cruises, but never purchased a drink package... however with my upcoming Trans cruise, so many more sea days I think it's time....

Question I have is: I am D+...  and think package is available on ship at what seems to be a better discount than what is offered currently....   from you who know .. please give me some advice....  thanks in advance..

Michele

16 minutes ago, mitaxi said:

reading all the drink package comments and pricing....  i'm more confused...Sailed many cruises, but never purchased a drink package... however with my upcoming Trans cruise, so many more sea days I think it's time....

Question I have is: I am D+...  and think package is available on ship at what seems to be a better discount than what is offered currently....   from you who know .. please give me some advice....  thanks in advance..

Michele

True, it can be a larger discount but discount off what is the question. You need to forget about the discount percentage and concentrate on the bottom line. 

Just now, gerif said:

True, it can be a larger discount but discount off what is the question. You need to forget about the discount percentage and concentrate on the bottom line. 

okay... good to know... price today is $52

Posted (edited)

We have always pre purchased the drink packages in the past when ever available. 

Got the Deluxe on 8/26 for $48.00 / day (plus gratuity)

Replenish (non-alcohol) for $18.00 / day (plus Gratuity)

And VOOM for $8 dollars a day.

12  night Grandeur OTS (03/07/2020)

Price went right back up the next day or so.

I have heard that the PRE cruise price is LOWER than whea is offered on the cruise

Edited by boscobeans

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Got the Deluxe on 8/26 for $48.00 / day (plus gratuity)

Replenish (non-alcohol) for $18.00 / day (plus Gratuity)

And VOOM for $8 dollars a day.

12  night Grandeur OTS (03/07/2020)

Price went right back up the next day or so.

I have heard that the PRE cruise price is LOWER than whea is offered on the cruise

wow....you grabbed it at great pricing..

Just now, mitaxi said:

wow....you grabbed it at great pricing..

We have found that with bottled water, juices, coffees and alcohol drinks for me and non-alcohol for my wife have always made the packages worthwhile.

The VOOM at 8 a day is just something we would use on occasion but cheap.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, biomedbob said:

So $18.00 pp/pd is a good price?

On 8/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, Host Clarea said:

It's a good price for the Refreshment package these days.

Bob, I think that you missed the sarcasm in bob's post.  😉