Wait list for cabin

gaylemh

Wait listed treasured corner aft 9256 some years ago for Radiance Alaska...thought..."yeah..no way".   But two weeks later?!  Score!  Miracles do happen.  😉 

I have six cabins under wait list right now...trying to get late booked multiple legs booked in same cabins on four different cruises so I don't have to move.  Fingers crossed.  

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wait listed treasured corner aft 9256 some years ago for Radiance Alaska...thought..."yeah..no way".   But two weeks later?!  Score!  Miracles do happen.  😉 

I have six cabins under wait list right now...trying to get late booked multiple legs booked in same cabins on four different cruises so I don't have to move.  Fingers crossed.  

That's what I'm trying to do for a B2B.

1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

That's what I'm trying to do for a B2B.

All we can do is cross our fingers.  😉   With so much non-refundable deposits (of which amounts have increased dramatically) I think the "holding" of cabins is starting to come to an end.  It was not just the TAs that were holding cabins until final payment, but many pax that were doing it with refundable deposits...calling them "markers"...which took a lot of inventory out of the market until final.  Makes it tough to plan in advance for those of us that fully intend on cruising on that ship and at that time.  😞   

Keep your eyes out once final has passed.  We might get lucky and not have to move after all.   🙂  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I got one once and then one other time found out on our roll call that someone else was given that cabin when it became available I think it's hit or miss.  

I was wondering about that also.  How many are on that wait list for that cabin...and what is the order of priority?  I am assuming it is first to call, first on the list.  But have not idea.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I was wondering about that also.  How many are on that wait list for that cabin...and what is the order of priority?  I am assuming it is first to call, first on the list.  But have not idea.  

I asked the people on the roll call (this was many years ago) if they were wait listed for the cabin and they were not

I asked the people on the roll call (this was many years ago) if they were wait listed for the cabin and they were not

You have to remember that only about 5% of people that are booked on a cruise are actually on a roll call.

I would be proactive and check for myself everyday and not rely on them contacting you

I do check about 3 times a day.  I have a feeling they don't even look to see if anyone is wait listed for a cabin when someone cancels or changes a cabin.

5 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

You have to remember that only about 5% of people that are booked on a cruise are actually on a roll call.

It was someone on our roll call that was given the cabin that I had waitlisted.  I thought perhaps they might have been ahead of me on the list but they told me that they were not waitlisted for the cabin, that they saw it online and switched to it

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

Uhhggg...that was what I was afraid of.  It could be the cabin those people were in originally was something someone else wanted?  The old "shoot two birds with one stone thing"?  Just guessing at that point..but sure didn't seem fair.  😞 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

I would be proactive and check for myself everyday and not rely on them contacting you

I have been.  Since I have the time...I will do the work.  😉 Proactive is my middle name...oh no...wait...It's Kay!  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, dcgrumpy said:

It worked for me last year. I waitlisted 2 cabins next to each other. I received an email in less than a week saying the cabins had become available. 

Thanks!  I hope we get as lucky!   Was that email after final payment?  

4 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

Unfortunately, I feel that the new "offer up" has taken away any of my chances of getting a waitlist cabin.

Not necessarily, though don't get me wrong...I am not a fan of the up bid program.   Say someone in balcony cabin #XXX gets their up bid granted to a JS or GS.  You had a wait list for balcony cabin #XXX  (same cat as before, just trying to get certain cabin location).   If you are first on the list...no reason you should not get it?   At least that is way it should work anyway.  😮 

The thing that was killed...is the sweet upgrade fairy (the free one).  Up bid demon tossed her overboard.  😈

Edited by island lady