I have tried every which way to sit at the Captains Table. I have asked every head waiter, hotel director, maitre d'. You name it I have tried so hard to get a seat at the Captains Table with the captain. My other thought was if I can't sit at the Captains Table with the actual captain I should be able to sit at the table the captain uses during dinner. No. go. That table will sit empty before they let me and my party sit at that table! The closest I have ever gotten to eating with the captain was on my Liberty cruise during lunch. The captain was in the MDR eating lunch with his family. I invited him to sit at my table with me for 2 seconds and he and I had a french fry off my plate. Because of this I can say I ate with the captain however I will never stop trying to get one of these coveted spots or AT LEAST sit at the actual table the captain would sit at during dinner. RCI if you are reading this, make my cruising dreams come true. I'm sailing on Liberty of the Seas on 12/15/19.

They really started not having them when the Quantum of the Seas came out. There was no ONE main dinning room so they did not have a Captains table. That started a fleet wide change that if the Quantum doesn't have to do it we don't have to do it.

Also they found a way to save a few dollars. So many complaints generated so they kinda brought them back using senior officers if they want to host it. Some ships do and some don't. It's kinda up to the ship and the staff to have a table or not.

Is there money in the budget and who wants to do it.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:26 AM, TinkBellaMom said:

I am wondering?  How do you get invited, is it a personal invite or a note delivered to your stateroom?  Is the menu specially chosen.  Just curious, we will probably never be invited, would like to live vicariously thru others.  Is it like an episode of “The Love Boat”?😄

I got a call in advance, then later in the evening, an invitation brought to my cabin.  Ours was the HD dinner at second seating on one cruise.  

Another one was HD, LA, and Beverage manager with the top three cruisers for dinner in Chops, which was really nice...and lasted waaaay into the evening with lots of wine.  😉 

Edited by island lady
8 minutes ago, island lady said:

I got a call in advance, then later in the evening, an invitation brought to my cabin.  Ours was the HD dinner at second seating on one cruise.  

Another one was HD, LA, and Beverage manager with the top three cruisers for dinner in Chops, which was really nice...and lasted waaaay into the evening with lots of wine.  😉 

Rock on my RDS friend. 🍷😀

On 8/27/2019 at 8:26 AM, TinkBellaMom said:

I am wondering?  How do you get invited, is it a personal invite or a note delivered to your stateroom?  Is the menu specially chosen.  Just curious, we will probably never be invited, would like to live vicariously thru others.  Is it like an episode of “The Love Boat”?😄

We were invited to dine with the captain on our Adventure of the Seas cruise in May.  We had renewed our wedding vows and the captain was our officiant.  We got an official invitation that was delivered to MDR table by the head waiter.  Very fancy.  :).  We were honored.  All the other guests at the captain's table that night were "high ups".  Quite an experience.

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

Rock on my RDS friend. 🍷😀

Thanks my Royal DS friend.  🙂  Second one (we were top cruiser #2) was pretty easy to achieve (though still totally a shock to us) since it was an Alaskan cruise.  Not too many upper tiers on those.  Was a really nice surprise and a great time at dinner.  🤗🍷