Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
gospelle

Royal won't let me modify my RoyalUp bid.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So I went to modify my Royal up bid today and the webpage showed my current bid (pending), but did not have any buttons or anything that allowed me to cancel or modify the bid. 

I phoned Royal and asked about this. The agent on the phone logged in to the bid site as me and confirmed that the buttons for modification were missing. He said there was nothing he could do and gave me the email for the RoyalUp team.

I emailed them and received this response:

****

It is my pleasure to assist you with your question on your RoyalUp bid.

 

At this time, the sailing is under reviewed, and changes to bids cannot be made.

 

Thank you again for contacting Royal Caribbean. We look forward to seeing you on the Adventure of the Seas.

 

 

The Royal Caribbean International® RoyalUp® Team

 

royalup@rccl.com

****

My cruise is over 40 days away. The RoyalUp program seems to state quite clearly that I can cancel or modify my bid up to 2 days prior to the sailing. But here you see that the website doesn't allow me to do that, the agents on the phone won't let me do that, and the RoyalUp team says I can't change my bid. 

Does that sound right to anyone here? What am I supposed to do?

 

Edited by gospelle
added (pending)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Royal is saying the sailing is "under review", I'd be concerned that they were going to cancel or re-route it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If Royal is saying the sailing is "under review", I'd be concerned that they were going to cancel or re-route it.

Well I sure am concerned now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Can you do a mock booking of the cruise, choosing any cabin?

yes. I keep doing that to see how many cabins are left so I know how to bid. they also just added a balcony guarantee option that wasn't there previously so it looks like they're still actively trying to sell out. (there are 31 balcony cabins left). 

 

Edited by gospelle
added the word "previously"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, gospelle said:

yes. I keep doing that to see how many cabins are left so I know how to bid. they also just added a balcony guarantee option that wasn't there previously so it looks like they're still actively trying to sell out. (there are 31 balcony cabins left). 

 

Check back in a few hour's or tomorrow...things online have a funny way of changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gospelle said:

I emailed them and received this response:

****

It is my pleasure to assist you with your question on your RoyalUp bid.

 

At this time, the sailing is under reviewed, and changes to bids cannot be made.

This could also be interpreted as all the bids currently in the system are being reviewed....so it is possible that new/modified bids will be allowed again in a day or so....or not.  Maybe some bids will be accepted a bit early to allow for more of those guarantees to be sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would try again tomorrow.... when it's "under review" I think they take rooms out of inventory and assign guaranty rooms, etc.  There's probably something in the system that locks the program when they're doing that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I would try again tomorrow.... when it's "under review" I think they take rooms out of inventory and assign guaranty rooms, etc.  There's probably something in the system that locks the program when they're doing that.

 

I'm hoping that's the case. I've asked the RoyalUp team for clarification as well.

I'm still wanting an upgrade so I don't mind but if I was wanting to cancel and they wouldn't let me, and then I ended up getting charged, I'd be right upset. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gospelle said:

I'm hoping that's the case. I've asked the RoyalUp team for clarification as well.

I'm still wanting an upgrade so I don't mind but if I was wanting to cancel and they wouldn't let me, and then I ended up getting charged, I'd be right upset. 

 

The cancel option should still be available as long as they haven't accepted someone's bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my current booking, which is 10 days away, I have been given the "opportunity" to bid for an upgrade more than 5 times.  The latest was this morning when I got the latest offer.  I happen to know that there are no cabins available at this time to upgrade to other than Aqua Theater Suites, which would be over a $10K upgrade which I really don't want to spend at this  time.  However the Royal Up shows that I could bid on several other types of Suites that I know are not available.  My point is, I am sure that you will have other opportunities to bid, if you are so inclined before your sail date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ron Don said:

  However the Royal Up shows that I could bid on several other types of Suites that I know are not available.  

Unless you have access to RCI's internal inventory, that's not necessarily true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ron Don said:

On my current booking, which is 10 days away, I have been given the "opportunity" to bid for an upgrade more than 5 times.  The latest was this morning when I got the latest offer.  I happen to know that there are no cabins available at this time to upgrade to other than Aqua Theater Suites, which would be over a $10K upgrade which I really don't want to spend at this  time.  However the Royal Up shows that I could bid on several other types of Suites that I know are not available.  My point is, I am sure that you will have other opportunities to bid, if you are so inclined before your sail date.

There have been many reports on the RoyalUp thread of people winning their bids on cruises that online showed no availability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your input, but it was not the point I was trying to make.  I was trying to say that there will be other offers for gospelle to bid in all probability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ron Don said:

 I was trying to say that there will be other offers for gospelle to bid in all probability.

Most of the time they are not really other offers, just a reminder of the original offer. They don't even bother to update the offer sometimes, even if you self upgraded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would someone please post a link, or instructions to check on the status of a Royal Up bid?  I thought I saved it, but apparently not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Would someone please post a link, or instructions to check on the status of a Royal Up bid?  I thought I saved it, but apparently not. 

You check the status thru the bid confirmation email you receive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You check the status thru the bid confirmation email you receive

Thanks, I'll search for the email when I get home. I put in a really weak bid on a GS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just an update. I woke up this morning to find I had been upgraded on my original bid. I'm happy about that. Had I been trying to cancel or lower my bid yesterday when I couldn't and woke up to this, I'd be choked. 

For me though, all is well. I guess the "reviewing" the sailing means they're about to do some upgrading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gospelle said:

just an update. I woke up this morning to find I had been upgraded on my original bid. I'm happy about that. Had I been trying to cancel or lower my bid yesterday when I couldn't and woke up to this, I'd be choked. 

For me though, all is well. I guess the "reviewing" the sailing means they're about to do some upgrading.

 

Thanks for reporting back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

,Could the September 8th Allure cruise be fully booked ? If so, why am I getting Royal up offers to switch from my 2 bdrm AQ to a Royal Loft Suite or Panoramic Suite or a Star Loft Suite ?  Aren't all of these 1 bedroom suites ?  When I go to the September 8 sailing it doesn't show up.   Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buckeye rob said:

,Could the September 8th Allure cruise be fully booked ? If so, why am I getting Royal up offers to switch from my 2 bdrm AQ to a Royal Loft Suite or Panoramic Suite or a Star Loft Suite ?  Aren't all of these 1 bedroom suites ?  When I go to the September 8 sailing it doesn't show up.   Gerry.

 

Royal's website may not show the full picture of the ship's occupancy level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...