What are your Hurricane thoughts?

czexrus

Is the info on the carnival website still all the newest info?? 

Any word if port of miami is opening tomorrow??

Have friends whose son is on the Victory.  First cruise.  First real vacation for several young married couples.  They have been in contact and are having a great time on board.  Loved cozumel and Key west.  Just don't know what to expect and when to try to get flights changed to come back home.

I am searching for info also on Miami airport.  Is that open and are flights coming in and out?? 

1 hour ago, waterbugohio said:

Is the info on the carnival website still all the newest info?? 

Any word if port of miami is opening tomorrow??

Have friends whose son is on the Victory.  First cruise.  First real vacation for several young married couples.  They have been in contact and are having a great time on board.  Loved cozumel and Key west.  Just don't know what to expect and when to try to get flights changed to come back home.

I am searching for info also on Miami airport.  Is that open and are flights coming in and out?? 

The update I see here:  https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6292 is as of 2 PM today, so that's pretty current.  What is says is they "are optimistic it [POM] will reopen Wednesday."

Miami airport never closed, though some airlines canceled their flights to/from there on their own.  

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

I never have, and never will book a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season, no matter how low the price or how much the on board credit.

I know a lot of people feel the same way, but personally I can’t see limiting myself to only cruising 6 months a year in the Caribbean. 

4 hours ago, Garth2 said:

I never have, and never will book a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season, no matter how low the price or how much the on board credit.

I've taken more cruises to the Caribbean in October than I can count and I have never missed one.  We even sailed out of Charleston during Sandy - all that happened is we missed a port.  I like cruising in October - right before the holidays is nice and we have celebrated Halloween numerous times on a cruise - always lots of fun.

• Like 1

Hurricane Dorian Weather Update

Weather Update – September 3, 2019 | 4:00 PM (ET)  

UPDATES: PORTMIAMI HAS REOPENED.  SAILINGS WILL OPERATE AS PLANNED.
PORT OF JACKSONVILLE IS NOW CLOSED.

Our Fleet Operations Center in Miami continues to monitor Hurricane Dorian as it moves northward, off the east coast of the United States.  The safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority and our ships will always maintain a safe distance from the storm.

We will continue to provide timely updates and factor in guidance from the National Hurricane Center, U.S. Coast Guard and the local port authorities as more information becomes available.

The following homeports and ships remain under watch:  

PORT CANAVERAL

Port Canaveral is closed.

Carnival Elation 09/02/19 By 6:00 PM Wednesday, we will confirm our plans to operate a 2 day sailing, departing Thursday, 9/05.  Port of call: To be determined. 

Guests who sail will receive a pro-rated refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased beverage and Wi-Fi packages. Guests who wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit.

Please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473). 

PORTMIAMI

PortMiami has reopened.  Carnival Horizon and Carnival Victory will dock in Miami on Wednesday morning. 

Carnival Horizon 09/01/19 – Will depart on Wednesday 9/04 on a 3 day cruise  returning Saturday 9/07. Port of call: Nassau. 

Check-in: 11:30AM – 1:30PM. Please arrive at PortMiami, Terminal D, within your original arrival appointment.  All guests must be on board by 3PM. 

Guests who sail will receive a 50% prorated refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and a full refund of any pre-purchased shore excursions.  Additionally, you will receive a 50% future cruise credit. Guests who wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit. 

Please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL5 to CRUISE (278473). 

Carnival Victory 9/02/19 – Will depart Wednesday, 9/04 on a 2 day cruise returning Friday, 9/06. Port of call: Key West.  

Check-in: 11:30AM – 1:30PM.  Please arrive at PortMiami, Terminal E, within your original arrival appointment.  All guests must be on board by 3PM. 

Guests who sail will receive a pro-rated refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased beverage and Wi-Fi packages. Guests who wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit. 

Please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL6 to CRUISE (278473). 

JACKSONVILLE

The Port of Jacksonville is now closed.

Carnival Ecstasy 09/05/19 – Still evaluating.  The ship may not be able to return to Jacksonville on Thursday. The ship will be in position to dock as soon as the port reopens.

Please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL12 to CRUISE (278473). 

We sincerely apologize for the disruption caused by Hurricane Dorian and thank our guests for their patience and understanding.

We are saddened by the impact Hurricane Dorian has caused and our thoughts and prayers are with the people of The Bahamas as they recover from the effects of the storm.

We will post another update by12:00 PM (ET) Wednesday. 

DEPARTED VOYAGES

Carnival Liberty 08/30/19 - This cruise will return on Thursday, 9/5.  Modified itinerary: Nassau, Costa Maya and Cozumel.  

Carnival Victory 8/30/19 – This cruise will return on Wednesday, 9/4.  Modified itinerary: Key West and Cozumel.

Carnival Breeze 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Conquest 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Ecstasy 08/31/19 – Modified itinerary: Princess Cays has been replaced with a visit to Key West on 9/02. The call to Nassau scheduled for Tuesday has been canceled.

Carnival Magic 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Paradise 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Sensation 08/31/19 – Modified itinerary: Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  Our calls to Half Moon Cay and Nassau have been canceled. 

Carnival Miracle 9/01/19 – Departed on 8/31/19 as an 8 day cruise. No change to itinerary.

Carnival Pride 09/01/19 – Departed 9/01 on a modified itinerary to Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  Our calls to Half Moon Cay and Freeport have been canceled. 

Carnival Sunshine 09/02/19 – Departed on Monday at 6:00 PM.  Our call to Half Moon Cay has been canceled.

CANCELED VOYAGE

Carnival Liberty 09/02/19 This cruise is cancelled.  Guests will receive a full refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased items. 

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I know a lot of people feel the same way, but personally I can’t see limiting myself to only cruising 6 months a year in the Caribbean. 

agreed, we look to find ways to do things, as oppose to not do them.  Different strokes for different folks....

Cruising in the winter has its challenges too.  We almost missed our cruise in January of last year because of the weather and delayed flights.  That was even flying in a day early.  Should nobody cruise in the winter either? 

We've been fortunate enough to have taken up to three cruises in one year and some happened during hurricane season.  Two of our September cruises were rerouted due to hurricanes.  I realize now that September is the worst month for hurricanes.  I really like cruising during that time though.  Kids are in school and the weather is nice.  The passengers are usually a bit more relaxed.  I purchased an annual travel insurance policy.  There is no way I would cruise without it.  Anyway, I do have a lot of sympathy for people whose cruises were affected by the weather and also the people who were in limbo as far as knowing whether to fly in to Florida or not for their cruises.  That would be extremely stressful.

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Cruising in the winter has its challenges too.  We almost missed our cruise in January of last year because of the weather and delayed flights.  That was even flying in a day early.  Should nobody cruise in the winter either? 

We've been fortunate enough to have taken up to three cruises in one year and some happened during hurricane season.  Two of our September cruises were rerouted due to hurricanes.  I realize now that September is the worst month for hurricanes.  I really like cruising during that time though.  Kids are in school and the weather is nice.  The passengers are usually a bit more relaxed.  I purchased an annual travel insurance policy.  There is no way I would cruise without it.  Anyway, I do have a lot of sympathy for people whose cruises were affected by the weather and also the people who were in limbo as far as knowing whether to fly in to Florida or not for their cruises.  That would be extremely stressful.

But a lot less than the people who lived in the affected areas.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mek said:

I've taken more cruises to the Caribbean in October than I can count and I have never missed one.  We even sailed out of Charleston during Sandy - all that happened is we missed a port.  I like cruising in October - right before the holidays is nice and we have celebrated Halloween numerous times on a cruise - always lots of fun.

We also cruise a lot in October, the only issue we had lately was on the Sunshine when she tilted at sea. (very scary moment) We also love Halloween on a cruise, so much fun!!!

Hurricane Dorian Weather Update

Weather Update – September 4, 2019 | 2:00 PM (ET)  

CARNIVAL ELATION 09/02/19 – THIS CRUISE IS CANCELED (NOT DEPARTING 9/05).  SEE BELOW.

Our Fleet Operations Center in Miami continues to monitor Hurricane Dorian as it moves northward, off the east coast of the United States.  The safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority and our ships will always maintain a safe distance from the storm.

We will continue to provide timely updates and factor in guidance from the National Hurricane Center, U.S. Coast Guard and the local port authorities as more information becomes available.
The following homeports and ships remain under watch:  

PORT CANAVERAL

Port Canaveral is closed.

Carnival Elation 09/02/19 (not departing 9/05) – this cruise is cancelled.  We were unable to secure a port of call and cannot operate a cruise to nowhere.  A full refund of the cruise fare and any pre-purchased items will be automatically processed.  An email with additional information will be sent by 2:30 PM.   

PORTMIAMI

Carnival Horizon 09/01/19 – Will depart Wednesday, 9/04 on a 3 day cruise returning Saturday 9/07. Port of call: Nassau. 

Check-in: 11:30AM – 1:30PM. Please arrive at PortMiami, Terminal D, within your original arrival appointment.  All guests must be on board by 3PM. 

Guests who sail will receive a 50% prorated refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and a full refund of any pre-purchased shore excursions.  Additionally, you will receive a 50% future cruise credit.

Guests who wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit. 

Carnival Victory 9/02/19 – Will depart Wednesday, 9/04 on a 2 day cruise returning Friday, 9/06. Port of call: Key West.  

Check-in: 11:30AM – 1:30PM.  Please arrive at PortMiami, Terminal E, within your original arrival appointment.  All guests must be on board by 3PM. 

JACKSONVILLE

The Port of Jacksonville is now closed.

Carnival Ecstasy 09/05/19 – Still evaluating.  The ship may not be able to return to Jacksonville on Thursday. The ship will be in position to dock as soon as the port reopens.

Please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL12 to CRUISE (278473). 

We sincerely apologize for the disruption caused by Hurricane Dorian and thank our guests for their patience and understanding.

We are saddened by the impact Hurricane Dorian has caused and our thoughts and prayers are with the people of The Bahamas as they recover from the effects of the storm.

We will post another update by 6:00 PM (ET) Wednesday. 

DEPARTED VOYAGES

Carnival Liberty 08/30/19 - This cruise will return on Thursday, 9/5.  Modified itinerary: Nassau, Costa Maya and Cozumel.  

Carnival Victory 8/30/19 – This cruise will return on Wednesday, 9/4.  Modified itinerary: Key West and Cozumel.

Carnival Breeze 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Conquest 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Ecstasy 08/31/19 – Modified itinerary: Princess Cays has been replaced with a visit to Key West on 9/02. The call to Nassau scheduled for Tuesday has been canceled.

Carnival Magic 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Paradise 08/31/19 – No change to itinerary.

Carnival Sensation 08/31/19 – Modified itinerary: Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  Our calls to Half Moon Cay and Nassau have been canceled. 

Carnival Miracle 9/01/19 – Departed on 8/31/19 as an 8 day cruise. No change to itinerary.

Carnival Pride 09/01/19 – Departed 9/01 on a modified itinerary to Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  Our calls to Half Moon Cay and Freeport have been canceled. 

Carnival Sunshine 09/02/19 – Departed on Monday at 6:00 PM.  Our call to Half Moon Cay has been canceled.

CANCELED VOYAGE

Carnival Liberty 09/02/19 – This cruise is cancelled.  Guests will receive a full refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased items.