Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
crazycruzer68

What’s the platinum gift right now?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

 

Fairness? You pay for a cruise, they provide that cruise. They owe you nothing else. 

Agree - no such thing as fairness. 

 

If you don’t like what you get - you don’t return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in May on the Sunrise we got Lanyards the actual lanyard is not that horrible, its not the best gift but not the worst by far. the plastic part is the weakest part of it but if you hole punched your card you could potentially still use the lanyard or replace the plastic part. 

 

it would be nice to have a different gift in November - do you know how frequently they change the gifts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

The loyalty gift is one aspect of a larger picture. I was responding to the comment if carnival can give so much to gamblers than the loyal cruisers should get.... I agree with you it’s not the same and my point is that profits are what drive every company and not loyalty not just Carnival.  It’s the bigger picture that I am talking about 

It would be interesting to know how many rooms are comped or severely discounted for gamblers and the affect on population on the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liverpoollovely said:

in May on the Sunrise we got Lanyards the actual lanyard is not that horrible, its not the best gift but not the worst by far. the plastic part is the weakest part of it but if you hole punched your card you could potentially still use the lanyard or replace the plastic part. 

 

it would be nice to have a different gift in November - do you know how frequently they change the gifts? 

My guess there have been about 30 variations of the gift since inception, maybe more.  If I am wrong I am sure someone will jump in and correct me.  In terms of  the frequency of change, I have never seen a pattern.  There are at least a couple of variables, number of participants, which must grow over time, the number on sailing thru the year, and of course supply.  I would guess that November timeframe would be the cusp of a new gift, but that is purely based on my recollection of past performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

It would be interesting to know how many rooms are comped or severely discounted for gamblers and the affect on population on the ship.

Yes this would be interesting.

 

I know you agree - it changes nothing in terms of what Carnival owes any of us - they don’t owe us anymore than what we pay for.

 

The gamblers feel they are taken advantage of in some of the threads and some believe the loyal customer are are not loved enough - yet statistically most of us back (either same cruise line or other cruise line) - so they are doing something right to lure us back or we are addicted to the high seas. 

Edited by Stick93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stick93 said:

Yes this would be interesting.

 

I know you agree - it changes nothing in terms of what Carnival owes any of us. The gamblers feel they are taken advantage of in some of the threads and some believe the loyal customer are are not loved enough - yet statistically most of us back (either same cruise line or other cruise line) - so they are doing something right to lure us back or we are addicted to the high seas. 

My posing the question was not a black or white, one is right and one is wrong, just a question.  In our earlier days, we did not notice (or see) the casino comps so much, not so much now.  Your reply made me think of another question, if a cruise is comped by one of the casino lure programs, doe it count toward loyalty (VIFP)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

My posing the question was not a black or white, one is right and one is wrong, just a question.  In our earlier days, we did not notice (or see) the casino comps so much, not so much now.  Your reply made me think of another question, if a cruise is comped by one of the casino lure programs, doe it count toward loyalty (VIFP)?

If a cruise is comped it does NOT go towards VIFP points.  You only earn points on cruises you pay for.   Someone correct me if I am wrong but this has always been my understanding of how VIFP  points are earned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChosenOne said:

If a cruise is comped it does NOT go towards VIFP points.  You only earn points on cruises you pay for.   Someone correct me if I am wrong but this has always been my understanding of how VIFP  points are earned

No VIFP if you take what is comped to you. If you upgrade your reservation (inside to balcony) you do get points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

No VIFP if you take what is comped to you. If you upgrade your reservation (inside to balcony) you do get points. 

thanks for the clarification.. I am not a gambler so I did not know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the poster above about a shopping bag.  I always use them (when I remember to take them into the store.  Celebrity gave us one on our first cruise with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's free, it's for me!

 

Seriously, if I was given something for free that I didn't like, I'd either leave it behind in the cabin, or preferably, find someone to give it to who would appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, Stick93 said:

No VIFP if you take what is comped to you. If you upgrade your reservation (inside to balcony) you do get points. 

Actually 28 of my 29 cruises have been comped by the casino. I have never upgraded and all of them have counted for VIFP points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scurvy Seadog said:

Actually 28 of my 29 cruises have been comped by the casino. I have never upgraded and all of them have counted for VIFP points.

I could be wrong as I have not been comped- but have sailed with people who do and this has come up. Is it possible this is something new???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scurvy Seadog said:

Actually 28 of my 29 cruises have been comped by the casino. I have never upgraded and all of them have counted for VIFP points.

Very interesting to read this.  Did you get a milestone recognition as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 9:24 AM, jimbo5544 said:

It would be interesting to know how many rooms are comped or severely discounted for gamblers and the affect on population on the ship.

 

The gamblers pay for that cabin. Just in a different way even though they aren't aware of it or willing to admit it. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, glrounds said:

 

The gamblers pay for that cabin. Just in a different way even though they aren't aware of it or willing to admit it. 🙂

 

I do get that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Australia at The Moment it is The Lanyard..  The BH is ok with it. I don't like lanyards. But down here there is a whole lot less Plats/diamonds. I usually carry my S&S in my pocket. I don't like explaining about the colour of my card all the time... I love helping newbies (first or 2nd timers).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JH posted it was changing very soon. I’m hoping that means by November. The lanyards were nice to me but I don’t need another.

 

My kids liked their lanyards. Me and my husband didn’t use ours but we can just keep as extras when one of the four of them lose theirs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 11:11 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

I am a big fan and very loyal to Carnival. However, if your main focus is cruising for perks, you need to pick a cruise line other than Carnival.  

I sail other Cruise lines to get away from you people.please stay where you are at.thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scpirate said:

I sail other Cruise lines to get away from you people.please stay where you are at.thank you.

 

Who exactly is “you people”?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scpirate said:

I sail other Cruise lines to get away from you people.please stay where you are at.thank you.

...and the point to post this here is?  Might want to take your own advice 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's ours:

 

image.thumb.png.3e5dac276cde18a66140fed29588cf3a.png

 

OK, not really. It wouldn't fit in our luggage so we had to offer it to some newbie cruisers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...