Jump to content

Free Air Promo - Timing


Megalyn
 Share

Recommended Posts

Greetings!  I'm currently 48 days out from my cruise and still have not received my flight information.  I reached out to my PCC and he shared that they are now booking around 40 days out, rather than the 75 days quoted on the site.  He didn't specify if it's a new policy or a temporary measure.  I just wanted to share for the others that are not so patiently waiting as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After e-mailing my PCC he sent me back notification that they would notify me at 30 days out.  That being said I was sent the information 55 days out.  I sometimes wonder if the PCCs ever do anything after you have already paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My cruise isnt until the end of March 2020, but in "My Vacation Summary" on my NCL account it lists the flights, and includes the layover cities.  Does anyone know if that means NCL has already booked the flights, and presumably knows the flight times (which are not listed in "My Vacation Summary"? I would love to know when we are flying in and out.  When I look at the flights home, the only one listed on Travelosity which has the same layover city as the one listed in "My Vacation Summary" takes off at 9:15 AM out of New Orleans, which seems a bit early in terms of disembarking and getting to the airport on time. Anyone with any insight on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, brovol said:

My cruise isnt until the end of March 2020, but in "My Vacation Summary" on my NCL account it lists the flights, and includes the layover cities.  Does anyone know if that means NCL has already booked the flights, and presumably knows the flight times (which are not listed in "My Vacation Summary"? I would love to know when we are flying in and out.  When I look at the flights home, the only one listed on Travelosity which has the same layover city as the one listed in "My Vacation Summary" takes off at 9:15 AM out of New Orleans, which seems a bit early in terms of disembarking and getting to the airport on time. Anyone with any insight on this?

From what I know, they haven't booked yet.  I had a long chat with a rep a few days back about the "flight" info for my December 2019 cruise (which I also googled for times) and they told me that those are placeholders for flights they have blocked out seats.  According to Google, I was probably flying to SFO to LAX to SD, with a 9hr layover in SF!  The rep had flights that weren't showing on Google, so no 9hr layover but still 2 stops (I could drive it faster!).  She said they changed their system in June, so that the flight info shows but isn't booked until you actually have a flight number.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will eliminate one of the stops, because the only request you can make is to add days.

 

On my last cruise, I didn't get my flight info until about 45 days out.

Edited by julig22
LA to LAX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I called yesterday because I saw the same thing, showing the cities which we would have to fly in and out of. they said that could change but may stay the same. He could not tell me any more information .  We are flying from Atlanta to New York ( a 2 hr flight nonstop) in May. NCL has our flights listed leaving Atlanta to Charlotte to New York. Coming home New York to DC to Atlanta. We are most likely just gonna book our own flights as we’re paying $600 for their discounted airfare 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't believe the placeholder argument from NCL indefinitely.  I checked twice daily for our flights and within the 12 hours since i last checked, NCL both selected and ticketed our flights so no changes of any kind.   They also have us on Jet Blue which i did not think was one of the carriers they selected.  Not that I mind, but if your'e trying to guess which flight/time based on airline departures from a certain city, beware it may not be on the airline you would expect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The flights absolutely may change from the placeholders. Our ticketed flights have a different layover airport than on our original itinerary.  Also, be sure to double check the payment information and eDocs. NCL randomly charged $298.50 to our account when doing the air ticketing. I called and had it corrected, but then noticed that one of our transfer vouchers is no longer in the eDocs. The tech department is working on that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies.  Very enlightening.  I would like the option of getting my own flights AFTER seeing what NCL actually has booked.  But if they don't provide the actual flight information until payment is due I suppose that won't be an option; correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, brovol said:

Thanks for the replies.  Very enlightening.  I would like the option of getting my own flights AFTER seeing what NCL actually has booked.  But if they don't provide the actual flight information until payment is due I suppose that won't be an option; correct?

 

It's not provided until well after payment is due. You can then book your own flights, but you won't be getting any money back from NCL if you paid anything towards the flights. And the transfers probably won't be refunded either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, brovol said:

Thanks for the replies.  Very enlightening.  I would like the option of getting my own flights AFTER seeing what NCL actually has booked.  But if they don't provide the actual flight information until payment is due I suppose that won't be an option; correct?

Actual flight information isn't available until 45-60 days before your cruise - long after payment is due.  Tentative flight info (cities) is available shortly after booking and making a deposit.  I suppose you could cancel the "free" flights and pay full fare once you have the final flight info, so that might be an option.  In theory it would cost you $25 plus the difference in fare, but you'd have to contact NCL to verify and it's hit or miss on whether or not NCL would get you fares compatible with what you could do yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My flight info is available!  I've not received email notification like last time, but it was present in my edocs.  The record locator number was incorrect, but since it listed specific flights I was able to search on AA.com and find it.  It was ticketed on Sept 11 which was 32 days out.  They booked my traveling companion and I both in middle seats, even in different rows, so I did an immediately seat change to place us together before it sold out.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, Megalyn said:

My flight info is available!  I've not received email notification like last time, but it was present in my edocs.  The record locator number was incorrect, but since it listed specific flights I was able to search on AA.com and find it.  It was ticketed on Sept 11 which was 32 days out.  They booked my traveling companion and I both in middle seats, even in different rows, so I did an immediately seat change to place us together before it sold out.  

thats very shady and making me reconsider.  There are 3 of us including a 2 year old and i just assumed we would get 3 seats together, silly of me to assume right

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BoozeCruiser83 said:

thats very shady and making me reconsider.  There are 3 of us including a 2 year old and i just assumed we would get 3 seats together, silly of me to assume right

 

There's nothing stopping you from going in and selecting seats.  I just did that and was able to pick seats in the same row as the people I'm traveling with, on different reservations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...