Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
tourismtessy

Star Princess Question

Recommended Posts

I have always sailed on the larger Princess ships so I don't know if the Star has the MUTS (Movies under the stars) screen.  Can someone help me with this?  It is one of our favorite things to do onboard and looking at a last minute cruise on the Star in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tourismtessy said:

I have always sailed on the larger Princess ships so I don't know if the Star has the MUTS (Movies under the stars) screen.  Can someone help me with this?  It is one of our favorite things to do onboard and looking at a last minute cruise on the Star in September.

Yes she does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're aboard her in three weeks......she is built just like the other grand class ships so it should be there in the lido outside pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no ships that do not have MUTS except the Pacific Princess which is a very small ship with 670 pax.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes and muts is one of my favorite things.  i can't wait to muts on my next cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been on the big ships however I love the star. I find the size of the ship just perfect not crowded and a good size to get around if.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

I have always sailed on the larger Princess ships so I don't know if the Star has the MUTS (Movies under the stars) screen.  Can someone help me with this?  It is one of our favorite things to do onboard and looking at a last minute cruise on the Star in September.

Yes it does and it’s great watching a Sporting event like the Super Bowl. 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Star identical to the Grand? 

 

We will be sailing a lot from San Fran and the Star is supposedly replacing the Grand next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Mikado said:

Is the Star identical to the Grand? 

 

We will be sailing a lot from San Fran and the Star is supposedly replacing the Grand next year.

Yes except the Star has Skywalkers. 

It was removed from the Grand several years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes except the Star has Skywalkers. 

It was removed from the Grand several years ago. 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, centralcalicruzer said:

Also, the Star does not have Alfredo's

Bummer. We really liked Alfredo's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Yes it does and it’s great watching a Sporting event like the Super Bowl. 

Tony

Must have been fun watching he Eagles Beat the Patriots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, MUTS is on the Star but the amount of lounge chairs seemed to be less than some of the other ships.  Just get there a little early to get your prime seat.  😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think the Grand ever had Skywalkers and that the latter was first on the Star, which was built 4 yrs later.  Also, the atrium is much more modest on the Grand as I recall.  We've been on the Grand once (2010 when it was 12 yrs old) and on the Star 3x (2006, 2010, and 2014).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

I didn't think the Grand ever had Skywalkers and that the latter was first on the Star, which was built 4 yrs later.  Also, the atrium is much more modest on the Grand as I recall.  We've been on the Grand once (2010 when it was 12 yrs old) and on the Star 3x (2006, 2010, and 2014).

So, I guess, this raises the question: is the Star an upgrade from the Grand or a fairly equal swap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was on the Grand in 1999, it had the shopping cart Skywalkers which we liked. I believe it was removed from the Grand in 2011 during a major retrofit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

I didn't think the Grand ever had Skywalkers and that the latter was first on the Star, which was built 4 yrs later.  Also, the atrium is much more modest on the Grand as I recall.  We've been on the Grand once (2010 when it was 12 yrs old) and on the Star 3x (2006, 2010, and 2014).

The Grand did have the original Skywalkers (believe me in my younger years I used the disco)  It was removed I believe due to metal stress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the corrections re Skywalkers on the Grand.  Didn't remember its being retrofitted just a year after that.  Memory's not what it used to be 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Mikado said:

So, I guess, this raises the question: is the Star an upgrade from the Grand or a fairly equal swap?

Guess I would consider it something of an upgrade since it has Skywalkers and, I think, a few other features the Grand didn't have.  We obviously liked it since we did 3 cruises on her for a total of 36 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, BarbinMich said:

I didn't think the Grand ever had Skywalkers and that the latter was first on the Star, which was built 4 yrs later.  Also, the atrium is much more modest on the Grand as I recall.  We've been on the Grand once (2010 when it was 12 yrs old) and on the Star 3x (2006, 2010, and 2014).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, MixerDave said:

Must have been fun watching he Eagles Beat the Patriots!

Great game by Philly no doubt.....let’s see how many years until they get back...long time between Super Bowls last time..😉😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 2:50 PM, memoak said:

The Grand did have the original Skywalkers (believe me in my younger years I used the disco)  It was removed I believe due to metal stress

Haha I misread that as "due to mental stress" and thought What would be so mentally stressful as to justify removing the entire thing? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...