Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
samzing

Lobster Tail Returns to Cagneys

Recommended Posts

Sorry if this has already been posted, but if not....We were on the Breakaway last week and Cagney's now offers Surf & Turf (filet mignon and lobster tail).  It was included with our dining package.  The waiter said they just started serving it.   I don't know if it is available anywhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same offering in Cagney's Surf and Turf being filet and lobster on the Getaway out of Copenhagen the last week of July.  The week before the surf part was shrimp on the Epic out of Barcelona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was part of the standard menu (I think it was $49) and there was no upcharge with the Dining Package.   Prior to last week the Surf & Turf on the Breakaway was shrimp instead of lobster. 

 

We tried it twice.  To be honest, it wasn't that good.  I was a bit disappointed with my meal both nights.  The steak was overcooked and dry and the lobster wasn't very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also had the surf and turf on the Breakaway last week. I agree with the OP, it wasn’t very good. The lobster was mushy and the steak over cooked. I also had the surf and turf at Ocean Blue. The lobster tail was a bit better but this time my steak was under cooked. Instead of cooking me another steak they microwaved it. It was absolutely awful. I complained but at this point my wife had finished her meal and since it was the last night of the cruise there was really no sense in requesting some form of compensation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We had the surf and turf in Ocean Blue on the Joy 2 weeks ago. It was very good ($49). It was not at Cagney’s yet. It was included in SDP. No upcharges at any restaurants. 

 

A86CF7F0-228B-4C9C-8279-F01449747539.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you NCL, removing the up charges to the dining package and adding back some things that people consider a real "treat" when dining on the cruise ships are great moves!  

Now if we could only get some coca-cola products..............................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

.....Now if we could only get some coca-cola products..............................

 

I second that motion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gravitar said:

 

I second that motion!

Do I hear a 3rd...

All in favor say Aye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 4:27 PM, brookie848 said:

Does anyone know whether lobster is also being offered in the Haven?

Lobster Bisque.

 

IMG_1179.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By a number of the comments it was the same one that disappeared 3 months ago!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 5:09 PM, gmbhardy said:

I also had the surf and turf on the Breakaway last week. I agree with the OP, it wasn’t very good. The lobster was mushy and the steak over cooked. I also had the surf and turf at Ocean Blue. The lobster tail was a bit better but this time my steak was under cooked. Instead of cooking me another steak they microwaved it. It was absolutely awful. I complained but at this point my wife had finished her meal and since it was the last night of the cruise there was really no sense in requesting some form of compensation.

We are sailing on the Breakaway and on NCL for the first time in October and would appreciate some dining tips. We have Cagneys, Le Bistro (I think that's the name) and Moderno booked for the specialty dining. Wondering about the three included dining options Manhattan Room, Savor and Taste. Have heard not so great things about the Breakaway in general but hoping for the best and plan to go in with a positive attitude! 

Any tips are appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also had this on the menu this past week on the Gem.  Our lobster was fine (we are from Mass / New England and a fishing town to boot so we know what's good and what's not).  It wasn't the best but we found it better than ok.  It was included in our SDP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone post a current Cagneys Menu, for the Dawn if we can get that specific.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HarpHarp said:

Can anyone post a current Cagneys Menu, for the Dawn if we can get that specific.

 

 

Not Dawn, but this is from the Gem this past week.  First one is lunch menu (only for Haven / Suite guests) and the second is the dinner menu (which never changed)

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saretaj said:

We also had this on the menu this past week on the Gem.  Our lobster was fine (we are from Mass / New England and a fishing town to boot so we know what's good and what's not).  It wasn't the best but we found it better than ok.  It was included in our SDP.

I’m very happy to hear this. I’ll be on the Gem in September and I thought smaller ships wouldn’t see the change back to lobster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 8:07 PM, BirdTravels said:

We had the surf and turf in Ocean Blue on the Joy 2 weeks ago. It was very good ($49). It was not at Cagney’s yet. It was included in SDP. No upcharges at any restaurants. 

 

A86CF7F0-228B-4C9C-8279-F01449747539.jpeg

 

I want this

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my plate (yes I get my steak med/med well - don't bash me).  Now that I look at it the lobster tail looks a bit weird but it was good!

 

 

 

IMG_6871.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 8:07 PM, BirdTravels said:

We had the surf and turf in Ocean Blue on the Joy 2 weeks ago. It was very good ($49). It was not at Cagney’s yet. It was included in SDP. No upcharges at any restaurants. 

 

A86CF7F0-228B-4C9C-8279-F01449747539.jpeg

Bird travels, quick question, I'm thinking you could not use our platinum coupon for cagneys and get the new surf and turf since their is a price cutoff for the platinum coupon still?  If so we will use our coupon at bistro and our sdp at cagneys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...