Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizLORInj

RC Gift Certificate

ok, so some time ago I got a RC gift certificate as a gift.  It can be redeemed as OBC on the website.  I entered all the codes and my cruise reservation # and it says "thank you for redeeming a gift certificate."   So where will it show in my reservation?  I don't want to get onboard and find out something was wrong and it isn't applied.   or do I have to (ugh) call RC?  Cruise isn't till November so I gave it LOTS of time to process through.  

I also read the fine print--can't be used for gratuities, so I guess I'll have a bunch of drinks and maybe eat at Chops too.  😉

Posted (edited)

It will show up on your account after about 2 days onboard.  At least that is what happens with us.  The last time, it took the entire cruise for it to show up, after numerous trips to GS. It was their mistake. 

OBC  is used first, so it went to drinks and gratuities.

I find it strange that they just respond with Thank you for redeeming certificate.  I actually printed that out to show guest services. You would think they would give you the amount of certificate. So much for their IT department.

Edited by retiredgram

yeah, I am a bit concerned about it showing up--and I'm assuming 😆it will show as OBC.   (We always get OBC from our TA, and yes, that shows on the tv screen on the second day.)   But I've not redeemed a gift certificate before and want to be sure it really did get redeemed.   I don't have high hopes for Guest Services being able to help with this once onboard. 

Don't stress about it.  If it doesn't show, just  go to GS and show them the certificate that you redeemed.  They will take care of it. We have redeemed them over the years and this past year was the only time we had a problem. Happy cruising.